Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Notices

Old 24 Nov 2020, 08:36 (Ref:4018481)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wherever they are going it is without Brian Boyd, as he has sold his shares to Barry Rogers:

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/exclusiv...-racing-group/

I have been suggesting for a while that quite a few business owners who support or compete in motor racing have major concerns now and I wonder if this is one of them. It is a big move.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Nov 2020, 06:02 (Ref:4018627)   #17
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
The sky is falling!

Anyway, I was listening to the 3 stooges again on sunday morning. It was just a repeat of their show on Thursday night, but I didn't catch that part.

The "opinions" those guys have are what is essentially wrong with domestic racing in Australia.

These dummies downplay everything that's good that isn't supercars. More people went to the Shannons Nationals last year than for the previous 14 years put together, but that's not good enough.

Downplaying the manner of racing (similar to what Mixer has) when it means jack. As if they know what they're talking about, or weren't watching without a critical eye in the first place.

Steve Johnson's pedanticism over the S5000 engine noise I already stated. I do notice when Mackelden plays amateur psychiatrist when diminishing Bottas (an easy target atm) Stevie never chips in. I presume it's because Johnson recognises he was a home brand version of Bottas?

Looking forward to speedy failing to stop himself from replying.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 06:12 (Ref:4018628)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I couldn't downplay the racing actually because there wasn't any...

Old 25 Nov 2020, 07:02 (Ref:4018632)   #19
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
They were talking about last year, and in the similar manner you diminish tcr.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 07:11 (Ref:4018636)   #20
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
They were talking about last year, and in the similar manner you diminish tcr.
I watch WTCR.

I hope Australia can get to the point where we have more than spirited exhibition races.

Right now it is looking a lot like 2 litre cars were towards the end of its existence, where a major competitor had a very large ownership slice, which is never really ideal.

Lots of differences however, particularly in accessibility and costs. Let's see what next year brings.

Good to see Honda being Mobil in as a sponsor. I guess we need a 2021 discussion thread.

Old 25 Nov 2020, 10:30 (Ref:4018668)   #21
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The sky is falling!

Anyway, I was listening to the 3 stooges again on sunday morning. It was just a repeat of their show on Thursday night, but I didn't catch that part.

The "opinions" those guys have are what is essentially wrong with domestic racing in Australia.

These dummies downplay everything that's good that isn't supercars. More people went to the Shannons Nationals last year than for the previous 14 years put together, but that's not good enough.

Downplaying the manner of racing (similar to what Mixer has) when it means jack. As if they know what they're talking about, or weren't watching without a critical eye in the first place.

Steve Johnson's pedanticism over the S5000 engine noise I already stated. I do notice when Mackelden plays amateur psychiatrist when diminishing Bottas (an easy target atm) Stevie never chips in. I presume it's because Johnson recognises he was a home brand version of Bottas?

Looking forward to speedy failing to stop himself from replying.

Ok you get a response.
I like race cars on race tracks.
You just seem angry at the world.
It’s ok- this year has been hard on us all.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 10:57 (Ref:4018673)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I watch WTCR.

I hope Australia can get to the point where we have more than spirited exhibition races.

Right now it is looking a lot like 2 litre cars were towards the end of its existence, where a major competitor had a very large ownership slice, which is never really ideal.

Lots of differences however, particularly in accessibility and costs. Let's see what next year brings.

Good to see Honda being Mobil in as a sponsor. I guess we need a 2021 discussion thread.

You'd have to be the only non-Hungarian that watches WTCR. The whole thing is farcical at best.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 11:55 (Ref:4018681)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You'd have to be the only non-Hungarian that watches WTCR. The whole thing is farcical at best.
Don't talk nonsense.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4018688)   #24
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
In my defense there wasn't a lot to watch lately.

I tried the British series and that was only entertaining because of the Bachmans hitting everything.

WTCR at least seemed to have competitive races, even if the driving standards were awful.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 00:29 (Ref:4018782)   #25
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Wherever they are going it is without Brian Boyd, as he has sold his shares to Barry Rogers:

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/exclusiv...-racing-group/

I have been suggesting for a while that quite a few business owners who support or compete in motor racing have major concerns now and I wonder if this is one of them. It is a big move.

Sure is a big move. Might (or might not) signal a change in operating approach from ARG.

Supposedly Mr Boyd was funding all the cash being splashed about so that might ease back now - or maybe not, we'll have to see on that one.

Allegedly also Mr Braid was put in his role and also kept his role due to Mr Boyd's support / backing so there might be changes there too.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 23:16 (Ref:4018953)   #26
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In my defense there wasn't a lot to watch lately.

I tried the British series and that was only entertaining because of the Bachmans hitting everything.

WTCR at least seemed to have competitive races, even if the driving standards were awful.
TCR Europe is where it's at, and has been the case for the past few years.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 13:59 (Ref:4019679)   #27
Mixer
Veteran

So the fellows who ran their TCR cars at Challenge Bathurst did so without permission from the powers that be.

One wonders whether any repercussions will result.

It has been a crap year and you'd think you'd take any chance to get your car out of the shed, but when the local organiser wields the power to destroy the value of a $200k+ asset, you'd think you'd ask first.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 22:35 (Ref:4019769)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So the fellows who ran their TCR cars at Challenge Bathurst did so without permission from the powers that be.

One wonders whether any repercussions will result.

It has been a crap year and you'd think you'd take any chance to get your car out of the shed, but when the local organiser wields the power to destroy the value of a $200k+ asset, you'd think you'd ask first.
You can either be pragmatic or a wood-duck. This applies to both sides.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4023047)   #29
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
Personally, the recent announcements of the tv broadcasts and personalities are too much too soon.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 19:46 (Ref:4023131)   #30
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Personally, the recent announcements of the tv broadcasts and personalities are too much too soon.
6 weeks out from the first race?