Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old 9 Dec 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4021758)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I messaged them because their missive yesterday referred to a list of doctors, which I couldn't find on their non-intuitive website, and they were very helpful, and included the following comment:

"I can confirm that you are able to locate the list of doctors via the resource centre on our website. If you search ‘Doctors’ in the resource centre the attached list is available.

Please note, if you are unable to obtain a medical then you can return your application without having one completed and we can issue your 2021 Race National licence."

I guess I'll wait until February (as I didn't have a 2020 licence so no need to rush to claim my discount - I'll probably downgrade to the Inter-club licence anyway as that's all I need) and see if my own doctor can accommodate me. Not due to race until April, so should give me enough time.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 08:07 (Ref:4021885)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just sent my partially completed form to MRM and requested an appointment. Need the ECG etc. this year.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 16:08 (Ref:4021982)   #18
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Total lack of success trying to log on the the online site. They don't send the promised log in details. Never mind I received my postal application forms today.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4022151)   #19
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I called them about the lack of log in response, "Membership" team fixed it and gave me the log in over the phone. Then you'll find some pages insist all boxes must be filled, but it won't let you do so, so ignore that instruction. Finally you must opt in for the discount.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 11:35 (Ref:4022155)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My medical appointment booked for 14 Jan covid permitting.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 18:51 (Ref:4022224)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What time Peter . I’m on at 11 am
Old 11 Dec 2020, 19:13 (Ref:4022229)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
10 am. Oh great.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 06:16 (Ref:4023188)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
International C cost here is c 530/550 €. If one did not race in 2020, the same licence is free but not the mandatory club fee. Looks like good news but I suspect something less enjoyable is hidden behind this sudden generosity…
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old 16 Dec 2020, 11:32 (Ref:4023226)   #24
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
According to the status on MSUK website mine was posted out on the 9th. Still not got it though.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4023228)   #25
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This morning's post has just arrived and hooray, it includes the application form for my competition licence.

Coincidentally, in another envelope this morning was my actual licence for 2021 which I'd ordered online last Sunday evening.

I have to say that the MUK's application process appears very effective. The online application was very straightforward, particularly for renewals with a quick confirmation that everything had been processed successfully. The printed licence only took a couple of days to come through.

Full marks to the team at Motorsport UK
Old 16 Dec 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4023236)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
What time Peter . I’m on at 11 am
We shall have to have a chat if there's time.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 14:01 (Ref:4023253)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We shall have to have a chat if there's time.
👍
Old 17 Dec 2020, 11:04 (Ref:4023401)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just received the conformation of the gratuity of my Itl C, can go on applying now. Great.
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old 17 Dec 2020, 11:14 (Ref:4023405)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
👍
Old 17 Dec 2020, 13:06 (Ref:4023422)   #30
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
International C cost here is c 530/550 €. If one did not race in 2020, the same licence is free but not the mandatory club fee. Looks like good news but I suspect something less enjoyable is hidden behind this sudden generosity…

Wow - something in UK cheaper ......our Int C is £220......of course we don't get anything free - just a 25% discount if you held a licence this year....