Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross > Video Clips

Old 6 May 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2456728)   #1
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Horror Rally Crash last weekend in Wales!

A rally driver Darren Pool is celebrating after escaping a horrendous high-speed crash - minus his helmet.

Darren Pool was driving his Talbot Sunbeam at 115 miles per hour when a gust of wind caught the car as it went over a small jump.

The vehicle flipped five times on its side and twice end over end.

Horror-struck eyewitnesses also saw his crash helmet flying out of the car window.
Rescuers feared Darren and co-driver Chris Beer had been killed in the smash during the RDP Welsh Rally.

They both lost consciousness before being removed from the wreckage and flown to hospital. Both suffered bruising only.

Chris said medics told him the force of the rolling car had forced his internal organs upwards and his eyes could have popped out of his head. He said: "It feels like I've been in the ring with Mike Tyson. But I also feel very lucky to be alive."

Darren, whose £20,000 car was a total write-off, added: "It was very scary. It felt like we were in a tumble drier, although it was a bit of a blur really.

"I would guess we were only rolling for a couple of seconds but it felt like ten minutes."

Footage from DolphinsCome2Wales:

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/72...lsh-rally-2009

Last edited by shhh; 6 May 2009 at 20:16.
Old 6 May 2009, 23:49 (Ref:2456875)   #2
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Helmet not affixed properly.. again.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 7 May 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2456926)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad all are ok

HANS device + window net required?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 May 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2457439)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
possibly, however if the window net was there the helmet would be like a bull in a china shop within the car. There seems to of been a good few accidents over the past years where helmets have come off.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 7 May 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2457455)   #5
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
possibly, however if the window net was there the helmet would be like a bull in a china shop within the car. There seems to of been a good few accidents over the past years where helmets have come off.
Indeed, we all remember this accident and helmet incident from Lydden a few years back

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/56...s-crash-lydden

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/20...ross-pics-only
Old 7 May 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2457537)   #6
Off at Paddock
Rookie

England
Norwich
Off at Paddock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only ever raced karts, but always made sure my helmet was fully secured, dont like seeing those images
Old 7 May 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2457562)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I would have thought that the force of that crash was enough to wrench his crash helmet off even if it was fitted correctly.
As an "aside" why is it that if you see anybody in films putting on helmets they never do them up ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 May 2009, 02:31 (Ref:2457667)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Can quiet clearly see that there seems to be a fair amount of slack in the second photo; if his helmet was wrenched off him id expect a broken neck or some form of broken vertebrae at least, in the case that the helmet was affixed correctly.