Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 24 Oct 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2319852)   #376
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Libre cars have to be open topped I think
Old 24 Oct 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2319868)   #377
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
The Libre cars have to be open topped I think
True, but closed topped cars have run with libre before. Remember Ron Cumming in that scruffy red yoke who managed to wipe out Dave Krayem's immaculate Stealth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello Website
Following on from the sucess of Formula Libre Mondello Park are introducing a Saloon Libre class for 2008.
The class will cater for all closed cockpit cars based on road going saloons and split into two classes which are each subdivided into up to and over 2000cc divisions. The cars must either be built up from a road car or bought in from a series which is currently being run or has previously been run. The class excludes spaceframe and silhouette cars but does allow semi space frame vehicles.
The MD GT is full spaceframe (but it does come from a previously run series) so I guess its out of the frame.

Last edited by Peter Dunne; 24 Oct 2008 at 11:57.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2319918)   #378
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't try to squeeze them into an existing class - revive Irish GT's to get these cars back out but update the rules and widen the class to allow the Radicals, Juno's etc. to run. Scrap the long distance 'race' aka test session. Such a class could also include the Porsche's which seemed quite thin on the ground this past year.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2319937)   #379
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
why not have the gt special saloons in a 3 race Yesteryear of ireland series and make it ONLY for Paddy cars or a replica of the car if it does not exist or say a davrain imp that is NOT yr original example running in the livery of the original ie Vivan Candy capt america car
if u took 3 events say the 40th mondello aniversary phoenix park and leinster cup event type meetings as the dates it allows folk to see the old cars run maybe 3 6 lappers so its not boring to watch 6 cars tootle around and 1 mad irishman with more money than sense have the fastest car lapping the field
im sure if u start it slowly it can grow from 6 cars to 16
then u can make the championship in 1-2 years or mix them with the historics if they will have them
the biggest problem is the cost of rebuilding an old race car to run again can be higher than the cars value or race worthiness value if you know what i mean for sure to be sure
Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2319938)   #380
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Don't try to squeeze them into an existing class
If all this credit crunch doom and gloom continues you might find those words prophetic ie: a saloon class made up of porkers, Fiats and just about any tin top left.

I hope that doesn't happen though.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2319941)   #381
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
why not have the gt special saloons in a 3 race Yesteryear of ireland series and make it ONLY for Paddy cars
Beggin yer pardon sir and you the fine gentleman n'all, but whats a Paddy car? (doffs cap in reverence while keeping eyes firmly on shoes)
Old 24 Oct 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2320130)   #382
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
Beggin yer pardon sir and you the fine gentleman n'all, but whats a Paddy car? (doffs cap in reverence while keeping eyes firmly on shoes)
Haha, love it!!!

Unfortunately a series like that is unlikely to happen (much as I'd love it to). Even though there are enough cars around; 4 Imps, 5 Midgets and a load of Minis, they already fit into the saloon class and/or Historics. These ex-Modsport/Modsaloon cars are currently pretty affordable because they currently have (almost) nowhere to race in the UK. They are generally steered towards the Global/Radical type races where they haven't a hope and as a result, steel bodied historic racecars are worth considerably more. There is talk of a class being set up for them in the UK but I haven't heard any news recently.

@ Paul, it was the Mitton/Faulkner Stiletto that Noel McDonnell bought surely, not the Metro? Crozier only sold the Metro recently as far as I know. As for seeing Morgan's old car sticking out of the back of a truck.......that's not today or yesterday. I had a full head of hair back then!!!

As for the Marlboro/Captain America Davrian Imp making a return to Mondello tarmac.......stranger things have happened!!
Old 24 Oct 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2320147)   #383
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
I think it was mentioned elsewhere in this or another thread that Jim Hutchinson's father had bought Crozier's Metro.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 11:18 (Ref:2320491)   #384
driftwood
Veteran

Please forgive me for any offence i may have or may not have or possibly intended intentionally or unintentionally caused by refering to a Paddy car

I am aware that certain folk are fully patriotic and would want to allow ONLY the GT cars race that have irish history and not stoop so low as to import a car from those land stealing thieving bstds that descended from oliver crowmell and run it over there to make up the grid !!

i do hope however that my irish cousins would give a free pass to anyone with gaelic blood living over in Cromwells green and pleasent land to come over and make guest appearances if they owned such a suitable car
there are some cars left in scotland from their GT days that could also be invited over
Old 25 Oct 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2320577)   #385
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry drifty... all in jest You know there's always been a huge welcome and a pint of the amber nectar [black nectar actually] for everyone this side of the pond over there, particularly if they've an interesting car... and there always will be.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2320579)   #386
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
Please forgive me for any offence i may have or may not have or possibly intended intentionally or unintentionally caused by refering to a Paddy car
You're an awful rascal Mc Clurg (Begorra bejaysus)
Old 25 Oct 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2320597)   #387
driftwood
Veteran

you can now lift yer eyes from yer shoes and look me in the eye now!
Old 25 Oct 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2320605)   #388
Peter Dunne
Veteran

How about you put that Tyrrell 024 together and send it over for me to play with. I'll look you in the eyes as you hand me the "keys"
Old 25 Oct 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2320691)   #389
col rooney
Racer

Ireland
col rooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be over in 09 to do a libre saloon car race with the imp and may even let the old man do the race just for fun

col
Old 25 Oct 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2320705)   #390
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by col rooney
I will be over in 09 to do a libre saloon car race with the imp and may even let the old man do the race just for fun

col
Make sure he stays away from the bank at Duckhams this time
Old 31 Oct 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2324755)   #391
Peter Dunne
Veteran

If your ISP is Eircom, then you can view the Libre race from the Leinster Trophy HERE.

(Its in the second half of the program so you can fast forward through the Sheane Rovers if you like )
Old 31 Oct 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2324781)   #392
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
If your ISP is Eircom, then you can view the Libre race from the Leinster Trophy HERE.

(Its in the second half of the program so you can fast forward through the Sheane Rovers if you like )
Very good - I love Matt Feeny's quote about about 20 mins in - "you can just see the lack of visibility..." Typical MF stufff...
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2537549)   #393
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've moved the posts about Croft to the 2009 thread.....