Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2624377)   #26
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's better than nothing.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2624394)   #27
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey29 View Post
Keith Huewen gives a little more detail.
Which is all I ever expect of him, really.

I'm another one who's hoping coverage continues this year. I didn't watch it all the time last year, but I enjoyed it when I could.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2624478)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One hour highlights is no good really (50 mins minus the ads). Can never understand the race picture fully.

I won't therefore be re-subscribing to Sky Sports, so it's money saved at least.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2625247)   #29
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Knowlsey, for me the enjoyment is watching the race unfold over a couple of hours.. 4 or 5 if it rains.. 50 minutes is useless.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2625280)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not a highlights fan either. Shame.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2625874)   #31
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highlights arn't as good as watching the whole race,i wont be watching it :-(

BB....
Old 3 Feb 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2626006)   #32
jimmie
Rookie

jimmie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you want to watch it live then you need a friend called Justin, his mum Dot, and his TV
Old 4 Feb 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2626046)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
If you follow that route, just watch the download limit on your broadband. I used it for the Daytona 24 Hours and slightly exceeded mine.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2626199)   #34
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im hoping espn will get it.

BB....
Old 5 Feb 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2627251)   #35
magpie5uk
Rookie

magpie5uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DAYTONA 500 LIVE on Skysports

Hi,

I just visited Keith Heuwen's website, and it states that the Daytona 500 will be live on Skysports.

This is a copy of the notification:

daytona 500 live in uk

05-02-2010
The Daytona 500 will be live on Sky Sports on Sunday 14th February. The programme is scheduled to start at 6pm. There is no word regarding live coverage of the rest of the NASCAR Cup season as yet. Sky Sports recently secured the series highlights to be broadcast on Monday evenings after each event.

Still hoping for the rest of the season, but hey, it's better than nowt!

Paul
Old 5 Feb 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2627321)   #36
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone know on which channel Justin is showing the nascar

/Edit

http://nascarfanz.com

Great site

Last edited by St00ge; 5 Feb 2010 at 16:24.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2627585)   #37
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am annoyed! Cancelled Sky sports (and gave the reason why, was no live nascar) yesterday and now find out they are showing 500 live, but they can't comment on rest of season. Have written to them seeing if they can offer any further info, if I get anything will update here. Now pondering whether to take up Sky sports again......
Old 5 Feb 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2627590)   #38
Eccles
Rookie

Eccles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news that the 500 is on UK telly, well done Sky Sports.

Shame there arent more fans to convince Sky to show the whole season, i mean, they have 4 sports channels to fill yet I wonder what else they will show on a Sunday evening it its place?

We need more people to speak up and show sky its worth paying the fee to get NASCAR, im dreading if ESPN take it as im not coughing up for a whole channel just for Sunday night nascar, no matter how much i love it!
Old 6 Feb 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2627856)   #39
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the EPG is showing 1 hour highlights of the bud shootout midnight Monday & no Gatorade dual.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2627941)   #40
acorn
Rookie

England
acorn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
Shame there aren't more fans to convince Sky to show the whole season, i mean, they have 4 sports channels to fill yet I wonder what else they will show on a Sunday evening it its place?
We need more people to speak up and show sky its worth paying the fee to get NASCAR, im dreading if ESPN take it as im not coughing up for a whole channel just for Sunday night nascar, no matter how much i love it!
live netball and highlights from cricket/tennis/ wrestling.(i'm sure that's what i saw was on sky3 before d500 suddenly appeared).

i actually phoned up to cancel my sky sports and told the guy why(no nascar)before the revelations about the monday highlights and the d500. fortunately (he turned out to be nascar fan too but wasn't aware of the no nascar for 2010) he looked at my billing date and told me it would be better to phone back on the 8th feb. just as well as now i will now see the d500 and a few highlights before making the decision. if it's still going to be just the highlights then i shall cancel and they can record it on my account and pass the reason why onto their bosses.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2627951)   #41
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is why you never cancel Sky Sports (irl). Considering theres still time for a deal to be done.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2628452)   #42
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D500 is a good start but for the last 5 years i will miss the build up with the duel races and shootout.

Come on sky pull your finger out and show what us paying customers WANT !!!
Old 7 Feb 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2628493)   #43
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I really enjoyed the ARCA Slick Mist 200 and the Bud Shootout last night with my good friend Justin
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2628593)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Shame, I watched the Nascar last year and began to get into it. For me it was perfect as it usually rounded off a day of motorsport so I could lay in bed and watch before going to sleep.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2628657)   #45
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess justin is now your lifeline....
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2628731)   #46
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Who and what is "Justin"?
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2628751)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Use googlesearch for Justin and his TV. But don't put any gaps between Justin and his TV.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2628753)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedworx View Post
This is why you never cancel Sky Sports (irl). Considering theres still time for a deal to be done.
Well you can just phone up and get it switched back on again, it's not hard.

I cancelled mine after Homestead last year to save money.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2629312)   #49
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick update, emailed sky about NASCAR and had a reply today confirming Daytona 500 will be the only live broadcast this year. (least I now know no need to get sky sports sitched back on) and now back to considering best options to watch live
Old 8 Feb 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2629411)   #50
dominic
Rookie

dominic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nascar on sky

i spoke to sky yesterday and no one had a clue about daytona 500 so i scroled to next sunday 14th 2010 on the sport listings and daytona 500 was on live. so i set sky plus to record and it let me series link. i know when i done this last year it wood not record high light programs when i missed all the highlight programs when american football started and they showed nascar on the red button. so we live in hope.