Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4170563)   #3126
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
PSA: F1TV now works on VPNs again. It seems they blanket banned a lot of IP addresses, but also banned legitimate customers in doing so. The change has been wound back.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4170601)   #3127
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I used to have a F1TV subscription. It was pretty good. Was a pain to use if you didn’t stay in the same geo zone. VPN was handy for that.

The pricing varies, but so did what you were allowed to see depending on the rights in that country. I guess that is still the case? Can you now watch live in the UK?
Old 31 Jul 2023, 00:47 (Ref:4170721)   #3128
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Kayo and an Aussie VPN does pretty well as well. Full Sky coverage. F2, F3.

Kayo about $30 AUD per month with a lot of sports.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 06:46 (Ref:4170739)   #3129
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Starting out with no existing Sky Subscription (existing subscribers are placed in 'tiers'):

Option A
Sky Q (mandatory base package) - £26 per month on an 18-month contract, or £29 per month on a rolling contract.
Add Sky F1 - £15 per month.
Cheapest total (18-month contract) - £41 per month.

Option B
NOW TV Sports subscription - £34.99 per month.

Option C
NOW TV Sports day membership - £12 per day. (If you only get race day membership, you will miss Qualy / Sprint etc).

Option D
TalkTalk Now Sports - £20 per month, on top of a £5 per month TV subscription - £25 per month.

The caveat with Options B,C and D is that you need a broadband line subscription too. Sky Q is available without an internet connection.
Thanks CRM for you usual thorough answer. Even the cheapest deal is too strong for me unfortunately. I'll stick with recording the C4 highlights and watching it when I can.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 07:39 (Ref:4170745)   #3130
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I used to have a F1TV subscription. It was pretty good. Was a pain to use if you didn’t stay in the same geo zone. VPN was handy for that.

The pricing varies, but so did what you were allowed to see depending on the rights in that country. I guess that is still the case? Can you now watch live in the UK?
You cannot watch F1TV in the UK without a VPN. It has always worked with a VPN, but earlier this week they mass blocked a lot of IP ranges to get rid of VPN users. They also accidentally blocked legitimate users - and in some cases, entire countries. So it was quickly unblocked again.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 08:55 (Ref:4170756)   #3131
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha, that is actually quite finny, that a mass ban meant all sorts of other people could not watch.

I understand the issue, it is what happens when a giant company forces their will on fans of a certain sport, but I wonder who is pushing this? I doubt it is Liberty!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4170763)   #3132
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
haha, that is actually quite finny, that a mass ban meant all sorts of other people could not watch.

I understand the issue, it is what happens when a giant company forces their will on fans of a certain sport, but I wonder who is pushing this? I doubt it is Liberty!
This has resulted in an interesting find -

If you navigate to the Ts&Cs for F1TV, it lists the owners as:

'We are Formula One Digital Media Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 08915039 whose registered address is at No. 2 St. James’s Market, London SW1Y 4AH, England. Our registered VAT number is GB192309112.'

and at the end of these, it states:
'© Crown copyright 2013.'

Which would suggest the content 'is made by His Majesty or by an officer or servant of the Crown in the course of his duties' !!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4170764)   #3133
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
There is almost certainly a clause in the Sky contract that will state that Liberty/FOM have to make a proper effort to stop people in the UK using F1TV (to encourage Sky viewing). That'd be pretty standard in this sort of setup I imagine. So this is properly F1TV trying to enforce that part of the contract.

Unfortunately, they did it badly. Banning VPNs is a difficult thing.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 10:46 (Ref:4170788)   #3134
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This has resulted in an interesting find -

If you navigate to the Ts&Cs for F1TV, it lists the owners as:

'We are Formula One Digital Media Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 08915039 whose registered address is at No. 2 St. James’s Market, London SW1Y 4AH, England. Our registered VAT number is GB192309112.'

and at the end of these, it states:
'© Crown copyright 2013.'

Which would suggest the content 'is made by His Majesty or by an officer or servant of the Crown in the course of his duties' !!

That information on Formula One Digital Media Limited will have come from Companies House, which is the executive agency of the British Government, that maintains the register of companies in the United Kingdom. The information it has on individual companies come under Crown Copyright.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4170793)   #3135
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That information on Formula One Digital Media Limited will have come from Companies House, which is the executive agency of the British Government, that maintains the register of companies in the United Kingdom. The information it has on individual companies come under Crown Copyright.
Now I've learned a few things. Obviously I knew Companies House was part of the government and helps register companies. But now I understand how they've copyrighted it
Old 31 Jul 2023, 11:48 (Ref:4170799)   #3136
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BJS is correct. Looking at information available at Companies House it shows that F1DM Ltd is owned ultimately by Liberty. One of the directors from 2015 to 2017 was one Bernard Charles Ecclestone.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:10 (Ref:4170806)   #3137
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It just seemed strange to me because the Crown Copyright notice is at the bottom of the F1TV Terms and Conditions page - not on the Companies House Website:

https://account.formula1.com/#/en/subscription-terms
Old 31 Jul 2023, 13:36 (Ref:4170822)   #3138
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
The words 'Crown Copyright 2013' may only be relevant to the last part of the document which is the Schedule 1 Model Cancellation Form. This may be because, for instance, this particular form may be using wording from an example of such form produced by Companies House - therefore, the Crown Copyright 2013 acknowledgement.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 14:08 (Ref:4170825)   #3139
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
The words 'Crown Copyright 2013' may only be relevant to the last part of the document which is the Schedule 1 Model Cancellation Form. This may be because, for instance, this particular form may be using wording from an example of such form produced by Companies House - therefore, the Crown Copyright 2013 acknowledgement.

Do you know - I think you are probably right. In the footer, there is also a '© 2003-2023 Formula One World Championship Limited' entry.

It had just struck me as strange to have a Crown Copyright mark on that website - I expected it may have been a typo but your explanation makes more sense.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4170831)   #3140
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It just seemed strange to me because the Crown Copyright notice is at the bottom of the F1TV Terms and Conditions page - not on the Companies House Website:

https://account.formula1.com/#/en/subscription-terms

It also appears on the Companies House Website, at the bottom right hand corner of the page.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/08915039
Old 31 Jul 2023, 16:20 (Ref:4170833)   #3141
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:

Do you know - I think you are probably right. In the footer, there is also a '© 2003-2023 Formula One World Championship Limited' entry.

It had just struck me as strange to have a Crown Copyright mark on that website - I expected it may have been a typo but your explanation makes more sense.

Old 31 Jul 2023, 16:22 (Ref:4170834)   #3142
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
It also appears on the Companies House Website, at the bottom right hand corner of the page.
https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/08915039

Well spotted. I missed that!
Old 14 Aug 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4172682)   #3143
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I see Steve Jones is joining ITV's this morning as part of a rotating team of presenters. Hopefully we will see less of him on the C4 F1 coverage and more of Lee.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 09:25 (Ref:4172689)   #3144
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If he’s joining a rotating team of presenters he can probably pick and choose when he presents and is probably less likely to affect his F1 job
Old 14 Aug 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4172726)   #3145
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I see Steve Jones is joining ITV's this morning as part of a rotating team of presenters. Hopefully we will see less of him on the C4 F1 coverage and more of Lee.
Firstly, are you OK? I hope so.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 22:07 (Ref:4182344)   #3146
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven’t watched F1 all year - just got back from the pub and saw it was on. Croft still shouting then
Old 21 Oct 2023, 22:13 (Ref:4182345)   #3147
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Haven’t watched F1 all year - just got back from the pub and saw it was on. Croft still shouting then

That's a long time to spend in the pub.
Old 22 Oct 2023, 08:33 (Ref:4182413)   #3148
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He really does need replacing.

Brundle made a great little comment at one point which Croft got in a state about.
Old 22 Oct 2023, 19:08 (Ref:4182480)   #3149
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He really does need replacing.

Brundle made a great little comment at one point which Croft got in a state about.
So Croft misidentified a Ferrari at turn 1 - one job ….
Old 22 Oct 2023, 21:11 (Ref:4182510)   #3150
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So Croft misidentified a Ferrari at turn 1 - one job ….
And today, half a race after Ocon went out he still thought he was Gasly?
Add this to another fine selection of cringeworthy attempts at humour.

Tags
pinks