Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Feb 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2130952)   #276
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I thought this was the best one yet - maybe because I was there and it was a fabulous weekend . It seemed to capture the atmosphere better than some of the previous programmes and seemed to tell more of a 'story'.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2130971)   #277
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutly John,much more of an insite into Historic Racing.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2130999)   #278
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, definitely the best yet, possibly because I know many of the cars and some of the drivers. Very enjoyable.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2131008)   #279
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Worth me having a row with the old woman to watch it tonight then?
Old 17 Feb 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2131015)   #280
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Don't argue with her, just put your foot down and let her know who's the boss in your house.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2131019)   #281
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Oh I do, I do then take myself off to the other room to watch it!
Old 17 Feb 2008, 19:14 (Ref:2131031)   #282
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one problem when you argue with the Boss,you can get fired! .
Interesting to see the Aston putting four over through Le Radillon,naughty naughty.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2131037)   #283
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Interesting to see the Aston putting four over through Le Radillon,naughty naughty.
Why, are you not supposed to?
Old 17 Feb 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2131071)   #284
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
We compromised, she watched dancing in ice, I watched the last half hour of GT racer, pretty good I thought.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2131072)   #285
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Double post!
Old 17 Feb 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2131082)   #286
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
one of the most enjoyable hours of telly i have seen in a long time. I thought it was an excellant portrayals of the highs and lows of historic racing. Has Jonathan Baker developed a mid atlantic accent - must be his wife's Irish rubbing off on him!
Great to see Roger's Lotus Cortina finish after our disappointment with it the year before - ironic really given it wasn't prepped for the 6 Hour this time!
Cant wait for this year's 6 Hour after that!
Old 17 Feb 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2131095)   #287
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Don't argue with her, just put your foot down and let her know who's the boss in your house.
Actualy I did put my foot down tonight,thought it was the best one yet,looking forward to going back to Spa but the closing comment from SWMBO was 'Thank heavens that's over'! These women have no understanding at all,why cant they be like us blokes.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 17 Feb 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2131175)   #288
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa

Absolutely brilliant. I know I am in a minority of one, but I love the music too. Maybe they can play it over the Tannoy at this year's event? Will make a change from P Bertrand.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2131208)   #289
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I dont mind the music just rather hear the V8's!
Old 18 Feb 2008, 08:02 (Ref:2131557)   #290
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Why, are you not supposed to?

You supprise me Falcie,I thought everyone read the reg's.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2131560)   #291
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Been looking foward too watching the Spa program all week. Blooming central heating packed up and there was no way Mrs Delta was going to let me stop to watch the TV. I guess it will be on again.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2131628)   #292
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Apparently it's not been screened in Belgium.Alain DeFaille has just been on the phone asking if anyone might of video'd it,he would love to see it if anyone has recorded it.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2131649)   #293
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Apparently it's not been screened in Belgium.Alain DeFaille has just been on the phone asking if anyone might of video'd it,he would love to see it if anyone has recorded it.
this -video- ( question was posted before by some other guys
Old 18 Feb 2008, 10:28 (Ref:2131650)   #294
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What,for yesterdays episode?
Old 18 Feb 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2131655)   #295
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
They did not feature much on the winning car did they? Probably never expected it to win and went Cobra instead!
Old 18 Feb 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2131665)   #296
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont think many people would expect an FIA papered Shelby Mustang to beat GT40's and Cobra's.....
Old 18 Feb 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2131762)   #297
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Cortina and Cobras were in Adj.garages so it was easy for camera crew
Old 18 Feb 2008, 15:41 (Ref:2131885)   #298
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what criteria the production team used for selection of teams, cars and drivers? Otherwise, I thought this was the best episode so far.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2131912)   #299
Race4Fun
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
Race4Fun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Credit where its due; that was an enjoyable programme.

If only Dancing On Ice wasn't on I may have got Mrs Race4Fun to watch it!

I like the music too.

I hope we can do this years race (1965 911); although need to do some work on our lighting...
Old 18 Feb 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2131919)   #300
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX
Wonder what criteria the production team used for selection of teams, cars and drivers? Otherwise, I thought this was the best episode so far.
probably those with something to say! To a degree clearly they were going to have the nicer cars as well because frankly they make better telly!
Roger's story as it unfolded made great telly but that was the producer's good fortune and messrs Wills and Bronson's bad fortune!