Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 2011, 06:04 (Ref:2874344)   #1126
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Just listening to Midweek Motorsport....and we had 20,000 listen to THE 360 worldwide on Saturday.

Not bad really for a clubman permitted meeting!!!!!

Brilliant Claire,no better advertising than word of mouth!
Old 5 May 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2874363)   #1127
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A quick thank you to everyone! this includes all of you who helped set up & run the event, feed & watered me, provided fuel pumps, built a car so I could race or helped in our pit/re-build crew.
The first aim was to get the car to the finish - we took the chequered flag so in therory job done, so well done eveyone

YOu can see how much we enjoyed it by the fact that David has already entered our car for next year & it ain't fixed yet
Old 5 May 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2874365)   #1128
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You really do need to get on with it then,you know how quickly a year can go .
Old 5 May 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2874367)   #1129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought the next one was August this year?
Old 5 May 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2874372)   #1130
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
eek! Don't even jest about that yet! Maybe for 2013!
Old 5 May 2011, 07:44 (Ref:2874374)   #1131
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:

I wish! Did you get my E-Mail Peter,would appreciate your views,as its more in line with the knowledge you have on the subject
Old 5 May 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2874382)   #1132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No e mails here.
Old 5 May 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2874383)   #1133
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

You never know do you
Old 5 May 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2874427)   #1134
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit late I know but here's a few sets of the photos that I took on the big day:
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_7908_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7923_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7936_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_7974_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7982_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7993_edited-1.jpg  

Old 5 May 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2874430)   #1135
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Few more:
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_8009_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8032_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8066_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_8088_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8098_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8130_edited-1.jpg  

Old 5 May 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2874431)   #1136
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A rare shot of the Clan!!!

What corner was the Alfa Sprint gyration at? I know I had a tank slapper in practice out of the bomb hole but I'm sure I didn't go off anywhere else.

Edited to add, just enlarged the picture; a red duster in the window, so it wasn't me!!!
Old 5 May 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2874432)   #1137
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Andy,

From the raised kerb it looks like Murrays.
Old 5 May 2011, 09:36 (Ref:2874436)   #1138
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Final batch from me. As said before, a really good event and well worth attending from a spectator's point of view.
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_8136_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8174_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8175_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_8180_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8193_edited-1.jpg   GJC_8213_edited-1.jpg  

Old 5 May 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2874437)   #1139
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Yes it was Murrays, on one of the very early laps.
Old 5 May 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2874449)   #1140
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good shots there Gary, thank you. Looks like you were shooting at 1/125 on f5.8 in the panning shots? If so and with what is obviously a long lens, I congratulate you on your shake-free hands.
Old 5 May 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2874456)   #1141
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
No e mails here.

Whats the best address to send to? Just need you to check something Ford related out for me.
Old 5 May 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2874464)   #1142
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With all these stories, pictures, ideas & deserved thanks that are being posted, I think we should remember & thank Podd37 & Moosehead of this parish, whose original "germ of an idea" this was.
Old 5 May 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2874470)   #1143
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes, that has been mentioned previously. Its a shame they haven't been able to take part so far, isn't it?
Old 5 May 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2874484)   #1144
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quite agree Peter,quite a few 'good ideas' have been thought up over the course of history. However,the format we have is what we should be building on. Perhaps a re-think on whether demo's are worth the aggro/time involved might be something to consider.Nothing to do with the Gulf attempt,but FORC were not exactly 'on the ball' as far as keeping pace was concerned.
Old 5 May 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2874486)   #1145
Porscheman
Racer

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
Porscheman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You never know do you
Please can we have another in August
Old 5 May 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2874493)   #1146
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Quite agree Peter,quite a few 'good ideas' have been thought up over the course of history. However,the format we have is what we should be building on. Perhaps a re-think on whether demo's are worth the aggro/time involved might be something to consider.Nothing to do with the Gulf attempt,but FORC were not exactly 'on the ball' as far as keeping pace was concerned.

Erm, I dont think we can point fingers at FORC at all. Im not going to bring the circumstances of the delay out in the open as I do not think it fair to do so, but the lunchbreak was shortened and it wasnt FORCS fault at all, nor indeed 360MRC.

Demonstrations etc are a valuble way of keeping spectator interest for such an event as 360. Endurance racing is a very niche part of Motorsport, not to everyones taste and certainly, with the exception of Le Mans which is now over run with lager louts if you ask me, is not very well supported for the spectator.

The Gulf attempt was an unknown, not organised through a club as such, and I think, considering the mess that was the M11 it wasnt that bad at all.

With Refernce to the orginal thread which started this event, it was mentioned in the programme by the way and also a link to it was also referenced.
Old 5 May 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2874494)   #1147
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscheman View Post
Please can we have another in August
you need to find about 40 other people who think like you !!!

ha
ha

No, for the time being, its one a year

ta
C
Old 5 May 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2874496)   #1148
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
but FORC were not exactly 'on the ball' as far as keeping pace was concerned.
There was one member I was talking to couple of days later that wanted to go faster. Not telling you who, but you can probably guess
Old 5 May 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2874497)   #1149
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Richard, you also have a Sprint shell waiting to be turned in to a racer. For god's sake, get on with them!!!!!!! If you built them in to decent shells, you might even make a bit of money???? Well maybe not, but its got to be better than breaking 145s!

PS. Alfaholics have a Giulia rolling chassis for sale for Euro 9500, I think. One of the cars built originally for a "Squadra Bianca" series in Holland, i think. Not Appendix K but VERY nice.

I refer you to my signature line......

I have to break the modern Alfas to try to raise money to live, let alone finance another race car build at the moment...though if I can get rid of enough of them I might be able to get at the Guilias to at least start work on them......making a living, getting in the way of racing is such a PITA, isn't it!
Old 5 May 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2874501)   #1150
Porscheman
Racer

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
Porscheman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you need to find about 40 other people who think like you !!!

ha
ha

No, for the time being, its one a year

ta
C
Maybe have one in Ireland at Mondello and get you guys to come across
Closed Thread