Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jun 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3427444)   #501
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has come to my attention that a whole bunch of future GPs are about to be canceled.

The GP of Crimea will be canceled due to technical difficulties. Ukraine cut off Crimea's water supply. As a result, the cars may overheat during the race due to inadequate cooling, not to mention the spectators without adequate access to potable water.

The GP of Thailand will be canceled because of the political instability, since the army launched a political coup against the government.

The GP of Luhansk People's Republic. Unfortunately, the newly founded LPR is suffering from political instability as well. Vyacheslav Ponomarev, the people's mayor of Luhansk, was removed from power on June 10th by the military wing of LPR.

Fallujah International GP. The government in Baghdad lost the control of this city after the ISIS rebels took control of this city.

GP of Nigeria. The Nigerian government can no longer afford the race sanctioning fees after it agreed to fairly compensate its national team players at the World Cup.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3427486)   #502
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a side note, any news on the Mexican Grand Prix? That's actually one I'd like to see return...
Old 28 Jun 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3427518)   #503
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe it's on the calendar for next year, but whether it actually takes place I have no idea.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3427557)   #504
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
very pleased to see a lot of further positivity about the austrian gp in autosport this week as well. the more the press and attendees bang on about how good it was for *everyone*, the more chance there is that people might just start to listen.

the entire venue is already a great example of how to spend money well, and it seems the grand prix has been done in exactly the same way. spending money on creating a great environment for the ticketholders and fans isn't wasted at all.

another interesting event is the bes meeting at paul ricard. racing goes on into the night, and there's a pit building roof party with djs. it's the little things.
Ditto.... We need more of this positive feeling !
Old 29 Jun 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3427705)   #505
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
On a side note, any news on the Mexican Grand Prix? That's actually one I'd like to see return...
I don't think that the Mexican GP will stay after a long return. After all, Bernie and his boring designer Tilke would molest- I mean, upgrade the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez for his pocket.

It's going to be a repeat of 2007 Japanese Grand Prix at Fuji Speedway. God, I feel that Fuji needs to be un-Tilke'd!

Anyways, the upgrade to the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez will not only be expensive, but it won't be safe even with retooling to a boring layout!
Old 29 Jun 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3427707)   #506
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I don't think that the Mexican GP will stay after a long return. After all, Bernie and his boring designer Tilke would molest- I mean, upgrade the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez for his pocket.

It's going to be a repeat of 2007 Japanese Grand Prix at Fuji Speedway. God, I feel that Fuji needs to be un-Tilke'd!

Anyways, the upgrade to the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez will not only be expensive, but it won't be safe even with retooling to a boring layout!
The current state of mt Fuji is the very definition of f1s habit of "destroy then move on".
Old 29 Jun 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3427708)   #507
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post

It was not for wimps, corner after the length plus a bit of the current straight, and it followed a blind crest.

Old 29 Jun 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3427720)   #508
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Old 29 Jun 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3427810)   #509
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The current state of mt Fuji is the very definition of f1s habit of "destroy then move on".
Agreed! Anyways, I wonder if Bernie is aiming for 30 rounds in the future, posing a threat to NASCAR Sprint Cup's 36 rounds?

Wait, I have a better idea. Why not add a chase to screw those NASCAR fans out!
Old 29 Jun 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3428045)   #510
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think with Fuji though they had no choice. They needed to lengthen the lap, otherwise it would have been less that a minute per lap.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 01:34 (Ref:3428323)   #511
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think with Fuji though they had no choice. They needed to lengthen the lap, otherwise it would have been less that a minute per lap.
Um, the red bits are the bits they cut out!
Old 30 Jun 2014, 03:04 (Ref:3428340)   #512
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Um, the red bits are the bits they cut out!
The red bits were cut out years ago. The revised circuit that was re-engineered by Hermann Tilke was based on the shorter circuit. Ina actual fact the Tilke revision only made a few hundred metres difference to the length, if that much.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3428510)   #513
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
The red bits were cut out years ago. The revised circuit that was re-engineered by Hermann Tilke was based on the shorter circuit. Ina actual fact the Tilke revision only made a few hundred metres difference to the length, if that much.
F1 circuit -> go kart track -> tricycle traffic playground
Old 1 Jul 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3429024)   #514
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie wants to drop Monza from the calendar.

Bernie Ecclestone: "It's not good. I don't think we'll do another contract, as the old one has been disastrous for us from a commercial point of view.

"So it's bye-bye after 2016."
Old 1 Jul 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3429028)   #515
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post

Bernie Ecclestone: "It's not good. I don't think we'll do another contract, as the old one has been disastrous for us from a commercial point of view.

Did Bernie have to pay Monza to hold the GP, thats about the only way I would describe it as a disaster.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3429033)   #516
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Did Bernie have to pay Monza to hold the GP, thats about the only way I would describe it as a disaster.
I thought Monza paid a reduced fee to Bernie, like Silverstone and Monaco because of it's hitorical significance? The reduced fee must be the commercial disaster Bernie's referring to.

Otherwise to get rid of Monza just beggars belief. Who was it who posted, F1's imploding?

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 1 Jul 2014 at 14:30.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3429041)   #517
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He has already got rid of France, has tried to get rid of the British GP and is working on the German GP so that he now focuses on the Italian GP is no surprise. I wonder how long Monaco has left after all they don't pay any hosting fees if my memory serves me right.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3429043)   #518
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
He has already got rid of France, has tried to get rid of the British GP and is working on the German GP so that he now focuses on the Italian GP is no surprise. I wonder how long Monaco has left after all they don't pay any hosting fees if my memory serves me right.
Gradually get rid of all the GPs, that form the nucleus of F1 tracks and replace them with, featureless Tilkedromes in countries who have llittle or no motorsports heritage but who are willing to pay Bernie his fee, so they can join his exclusive club. Rant over.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3429065)   #519
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm all for the preservation of race tracks in their original, or as close to their original form as possible. Pandering to one race series (f1), which might use a said track for 3 days out of 365 in a year, to me is insulting to its history and heritage that these older tracks possess. At least Imola has now been returned to some of its former glory now that it's free from the shackles of F1's illogical and hypocritical safety standards.

I'm so glad to hear that the nordschliefe has been saved and that next year the wtcc will race there for the first time. Just because f1 doesn't race on a track, doesn't mean that track is left to rot. There are other race series out there, that will be more than willing to race on these tracks that f1 in its ultimate wisdom deems "too dangerous".
Old 1 Jul 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3429132)   #520
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm starting to wish that Ferrari made that break-away series that they threatened to a few years ago. I'd rather see Bernie go than Monza go any day. There are 6 GPs you cannot remove - Monaco, Britain, Belgium, Germany Japan and Italy. Luckily the tifosi would rather have Bernie's head than see Monza leave, but with all of these stupid reg changes to improve the 'show,' but maybe part of the reason is due to the new circuits being awful in the first place. The FIA elite are becoming greedier and greedier, ruining the entire heritage and in some ways the respect that F1 carries just to make themselves richer. The whole situation is a joke, and I hope someone tells Bernie that he may be losing his mind with his age...
Old 1 Jul 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3429139)   #521
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Over the Tifosi's dead body...and Ferrari's too. I think he's bluffing. Bernie is too greedy.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3429145)   #522
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Over the Tifosi's dead body...and Ferrari's too. I think he's bluffing. Bernie is too greedy.

But I'll bet he ends up with a much bigger take from the Monza organisers than he gets now.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3429154)   #523
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Let's hope the Italians make him an offer he cannot refuse.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3429192)   #524
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We'd be better off if it as bye bye Bernie before 2016.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3429258)   #525
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Let's hope the Italians make him an offer he cannot refuse.
Bernie ought to know better than to cross Italian men...