Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 28 Jan 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3608788)   #351
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
You now have that car and wayne your falcon.
Your telling the story BP, are you sure of your facts? Want to pop by Jacko's workshop today, or mine for that matter?
Old 28 Jan 2016, 23:54 (Ref:3608906)   #352
EVORACER11
Rookie

EVORACER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
You now have that car and wayne your falcon.
Bold statement considering the car is probably still on its way back to the north island LOL.

MP did you find out why she was 30sec slower?? was it new engine?

great to see Andre taking charge in ST. Don't no about new superblack livery for Pither not too keen on it?
Old 29 Jan 2016, 01:32 (Ref:3608927)   #353
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With you on that one EVO, as in the Super Brown Livery.....still, its quite hard to make beige look cool

I don't care too much for them these days after they shafted Andre with the last two rounds. I understand he was contracted for the whole year, which means the championship. He was a sure-thing for rookie of the year and actually did better than Jamie Whincup in his rookie year. But its an expensive sport, and when someone comes in with some coin, then things change. I think Chris will do well enough for the team, but I don't think he will blow the field away. And you never know Andre may somehow get back in to the main game this year as he needs the consistent miles in a Supercar.

He has shown just how much he has improved as a racer in the last 18 months or so. And the complete domination of the NZTC class for the South Island rounds show that. I was at Ruapuna and was really impressed as he won the first race (12 laps) by over 14 seconds!!. He told me he hadn't been in a race car for some 4 months, and dials it in straight away.

To be fair, this is the driver parity thing that Mark mentioned a while back coming through. I think the cars are pretty close now, but sadly the same cannot be said for talent across the field. Bargs has shown the TLX is a podium car, but apart from a P4 from Nick Ross at 'Puna, the other TLX 's have failed to fire thus far.

TV coverage starts this weekend, 1pm, usual place
Old 29 Jan 2016, 06:51 (Ref:3608972)   #354
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVORACER11 View Post
Bold statement considering the car is probably still on its way back to the north island LOL.

MP did you find out why she was 30sec slower?? was it new engine?

great to see Andre taking charge in ST. Don't no about new superblack livery for Pither not too keen on it?
Was meaning waynes v8st not the tl.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 22:56 (Ref:3610337)   #355
EVORACER11
Rookie

EVORACER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone see TKR Facebook page? Is he serious he brought that boat!
Old 11 Feb 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3614026)   #356
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is this class racing this weekend? You'd hardly know the NZGP was even on this weekend. The promotion for this meeting is even worst than normal.. for what is meant to be a big event on the local motorsport calendar.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 06:19 (Ref:3614122)   #357
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Is this class racing this weekend? You'd hardly know the NZGP was even on this weekend. The promotion for this meeting is even worst than normal.. for what is meant to be a big event on the local motorsport calendar.
Couldn't agree more Promax. Short of a few flimsy corflute signs talking about fireworks, I have seen nothing in the province about the GP.

Yes, the NZTC are there, minus Scott Taylor. There are actually some quite cool supports, and the weather should behave, with the mercury getting in to the low 30's today and the same for 2moro.

V8 ute field is at 16 I think, which is good for them.

I love this track, and the pit facilities are really good. Its one of those tracks that just makes sense and flows from corner to corner very nicely. I could go round and round all day.....happy as.

One thing that's really cool about Manfield is the cars get on the loud pedal early at Pepsi. So in that short distance they build up incredible speed as they go over the start finish line. They are seriously fast right on pit wall, and the concrete wall actually moves as the cars set up for T1.....just love it.

Spied Nelson Piquets personal jet at the airport.....how the other half live eh!

Hoping for a good weekend
Old 12 Feb 2016, 07:00 (Ref:3614130)   #358
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Unfortunately Taylor isn't the only one missing this weekend.

Does anyone know what happened to the Nissan? More engine issues?
Old 12 Feb 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3614265)   #359
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately Taylor isn't the only one missing this weekend.

Does anyone know what happened to the Nissan? More engine issues?
Last time a saw it at Teretonga, it didn't have an engine in..
Old 12 Feb 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3614293)   #360
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
The last time I saw it (yesterday) it was getting towed by a four wheeler.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3614321)   #361
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
The last time I saw it (yesterday) it was getting towed by a four wheeler.
Blew a rod out of the side in p1 from what I can tell.

His VE2 Commodore is here now. Presumably as a replacement.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 23:20 (Ref:3614328)   #362
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=NZSTfan;3614321]Blew a rod out of the side in p1 from what I can tell.

And Duck Shooting season is just around the corner
Old 13 Feb 2016, 00:47 (Ref:3614338)   #363
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
A bit harsh puke! The Nissan isn't the only car that has had an engine let go this season. Although it has had more engine issues than most. Makes you wonder if the team is too busy chasing hp.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 03:23 (Ref:3614513)   #364
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Foggy out for good. These nut bars at MSNZ need their heads checked. Also the fudged restart for race 2.....pfft
Old 14 Feb 2016, 03:40 (Ref:3614516)   #365
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
how dramatic *rolls eyes*
Old 14 Feb 2016, 03:50 (Ref:3614517)   #366
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
how dramatic *rolls eyes*
Yes quite max. Rules are rules and when they choose to ignore them it makes an ass of the sport.
I think Fogg has just had enough of BS. It could take some time for this category to recover as car numbers are still slipping and people are getting peeved.
Did you make it to the track this weekend max? 32 degrees at 4pm and that's been a constant all 3 days. Hot!!!
Old 14 Feb 2016, 04:19 (Ref:3614523)   #367
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Yep! I'll also be there next weekend.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 07:33 (Ref:3614551)   #368
iceagecoming
Rookie

iceagecoming should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did tkr blow another motor
Old 14 Feb 2016, 07:57 (Ref:3614552)   #369
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So sad. Always been a Foggy fan.

Last edited by socram; 14 Feb 2016 at 08:07.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 08:31 (Ref:3614554)   #370
superstock
Rookie

New Zealand
lower hutt
superstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
missed it bugger ..to hot for me 32 degrees

but I found the meeting ordinary ...left early

wheres all the promised v8s , around 12 f5000

did no one know there what a race meeting on
Old 14 Feb 2016, 08:43 (Ref:3614561)   #371
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Yes quite max. Rules are rules and when they choose to ignore them it makes an ass of the sport.
I think Fogg has just had enough of BS. It could take some time for this category to recover as car numbers are still slipping and people are getting peeved.
Did you make it to the track this weekend max? 32 degrees at 4pm and that's been a constant all 3 days. Hot!!!
Fogg has had his day, mistakes and crashes all by himself, he was past it along time ago. His crash repair deal was reaching the point of no, the property tutors probley felt the same.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3614641)   #372
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Sounds like there was more than one incident? If the story of said driver reversing by the cafe to do a burn out near Owen Evans and members of general public is true.. the guy should hang up his helmet. Beef or not.. that is a bloody foolish thing to do!
Old 14 Feb 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3614657)   #373
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds like there was more than one incident? If the story of said driver reversing by the cafe to do a burn out near Owen Evans and members of general public is true.. the guy should hang up his helmet. Beef or not.. that is a bloody foolish thing to do!
Totally agree.

Only heard rumours about what happened & I have no idea why, but if he did in fact line up some officials & then took off doing a burnout towards them, that is totally unacceptable. Without said officials none of us can race!!

Also skim read somewhere that part of his beef was from last years V8ST rules?? (maybe that's why O Evans is mentioned above?) well that just extra lunacy. Foggy is a good competitor & personality but this kind of red-mist isn't good for the sport.

I heard two pieces of motorsport news on the radio this a.m., one was about Paddon's WRC podium & the other was Fogg trying to run down MSNZ officials, so not great for motorsport in the eyes of the public!
Old 14 Feb 2016, 21:00 (Ref:3614660)   #374
isoskim
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
isoskim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And it seems that the unpopular view in this case is that if Fogg has done what he has been penalised for, then he shouldn't be racing at the top level, there is no room for that kind of behavior.

What really gets on my nerves is the abuse that is thrown directly at the officials. They are still human, still read facebook comments from people saying that their power has gone to their head, that they have no idea what they're doing. As someone who spends a fair amount of my time on that side of the fence, it makes you wonder why you bother giving your time away making the sport safe and fair (and that's the thing, officials are there for safety and fairness. If you didn't ping Fogg for being unsafe and dangerous, where is the fairness to everyone else? - sets a precedent)
Old 14 Feb 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3614667)   #375
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I didn't realise it was more than one incident. I thought it was a pit lane thing during some hot lap rides. I was not aware of the apparent 'red-mist' aiming at MSNZ officials.

My beef with them was the stuff up on the restart with race 2. The rules were clear around who controlled the pace at the green light, and that its a single file. How can another car magically appear to be door to door when the light goes out? We had video evidence of it, which got chucked out, so the boys got data from both cars and it clearly showed that car 4 had a 10 kph advantage and hit the gas pedal earlier than car 022. So with multiple trips to the heads at the top with evidence that could not be denied, they still went with their original decision. At one point one gentleman from MSNZ actually agreed in principle that car 4 got the jump, but shrugged his shoulders and told us it was clear 022 was in the right, but there was nothing he or others could do about it. This cost a potential race win for 022, which could of lead to a round win. 022 was never in the championship anyway, but the rules are the rules, and its a bit of a slap in the face when the people who police them either a) don't understand the rule itself, or b) won't have the proverbial to do anything about it.

That aside, I am well aware that these people are human and are volunteering their time. So I respect them for who they are etc. There are also other people in pitlane who are also doing it for the 'love of the sport' and at no charge and a lot of these people are competitors and associated team. So it goes both ways

If Foggy has indeed aimed a car at MSNZ officials and others, then sure the penalty fits the crime.

But on another note, I hear congratulations are in order for Simon Evans and the Smeg Racing team who I believe have won the championship with a race to spare. Didn't see that one coming....LOL!

Last edited by NZSTfan; 14 Feb 2016 at 21:50.