Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 22 Feb 2016, 23:54 (Ref:3616886)   #401
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fogg has/had a VE not a FG. Are sure it wasn't the TLX FG? It's black.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3616888)   #402
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
If any additional cars were going to come out they already would have done so.

I think the whole exercise is a flop.

I am over this class that appears to be very self interested with overinflated egos.

Time to move on......perhaps a move to 2l touring cars because what we have currently is simply not working
Would anyone be interested in spending money on a new touring car class? It seems those with money.. are more interested in purchasing GT cars. I see there are now two of these GT3 Camaro in the country.

Old 23 Feb 2016, 00:45 (Ref:3616901)   #403
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree, really does not matter but NZ motorsport must be over V8 as major touring car class, so what to replace it with that will provide reasonable numbers and some longevity.

Will Gt3 do that, I hope so, if not then what.

We need to move forward
Old 23 Feb 2016, 02:41 (Ref:3616918)   #404
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
I'm not sure if there is an answer. A better question is... why are there so many ST and TL parked up?
Old 23 Feb 2016, 02:55 (Ref:3616922)   #405
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Fogg has/had a VE not a FG. Are sure it wasn't the TLX FG? It's black.
Could have been I guess - it was unmarked matte black. But the rear wing was definitely similar to an ST.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 04:08 (Ref:3616933)   #406
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Could have been I guess - it was unmarked matte black. But the rear wing was definitely similar to an ST.
TKR's new car???
Old 23 Feb 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3616938)   #407
bluespur
Racer

It really would be interesting to establish why those missing TLX and TL cars are not out , and what it would take to get them on the track. There are sure enough to provide a good spectacle.

Bit of slowing down STs would not go astray. Can't see TLX getting quicker.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 05:03 (Ref:3616939)   #408
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It really would be interesting to establish why those missing TLX and TL cars are not out , and what it would take to get them on the track. There are sure enough to provide a good spectacle.

Hi Bluespur, it may be a surprise to you but the Nick Ross Nissan was consistently the fastest Class One car over this season and that fact, unpalatable to some, is now also known to MSNZ from independent sources of expertise engaged and paid for by the joint venture company NZ V8 Touring Cars limited, of which Nick Ross is a director.

Just as Andre Heim Gartner, was consistently quicker than Simon Evans, both in identical ST cars, the difference between the TLX and ST cars on the race track, is not the cars at all, but rather the drivers and equally as important, the teams preparing the cars.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 05:26 (Ref:3616940)   #409
bluespur
Racer

Fine I can almost accept that, however as Promax said, A better question is, why so many ST and TL parks up.

You are pretty close to the category, any ideas?.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 05:28 (Ref:3616941)   #410
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:

Wasn't the Hughes TLX waiting for engine parts.. after it damaged an engine in the South Island. Taylor is concentrating on GT3 in Australia.. so the 2nd Toyota is without driver. Not sure if money is an issue for the Mclaughlin TLX? The team has probably spent a lot more money repairing their TLX than they would've liked. Varney has been playing with a Trass Family Ferrari... the Falcon TLX is for sale.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3617000)   #411
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Wasn't the Hughes TLX waiting for engine parts.. after it damaged an engine in the South Island. Taylor is concentrating on GT3 in Australia.. so the 2nd Toyota is without driver. Not sure if money is an issue for the Mclaughlin TLX? The team has probably spent a lot more money repairing their TLX than they would've liked. Varney has been playing with a Trass Family Ferrari... the Falcon TLX is for sale.
Both Hughes TLX Commodores, were at Manfield, were Lance most generously made his own car available to Nick Ross after Nicks car sustained an engine failure.

The Scott Taylor TLX Toyota car has left NZ for good and now resides in Scott Taylor's Australian car collection.

The Varney car is for sale on Trademe in modified Endurance racing specification.

It appears that the Mclaughlin car is suffering from the same problem as most of the ST's sitting in garages at the moment, which a lack of budget to run the vehicles, sad but thats the reality of the situation, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

With Angus out of the seat of his ST car, that will no doubt also be for sale, so not looking good which ever way you cut it at the moment.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3617103)   #412
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Ross borrowed the Mclaughlin TXL not Hughes.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3617140)   #413
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's what I understood too.

Interesting comment from Mark that the Altima was the fastest class 1 car out there. Fastest in what regard? as the speed clearly did not translate in to results.

Anyway, I know a meeting has been called to see what can be done for April. But I can't see it having a positive outcome.

GB, the car you saw would have been the Varney FG TLX. As I understand, it should have the ST brake package fitted to it (happy to be corrected), and this would be clearly noticeable (that is, if you had a look at the brakes )

For me personally, my focus now resides with the upcoming V8SC season, and in particular carrying on my personal sponsorship with Andre at LDM.

I am quite stoked that I have managed to bring a new sponsor to both the NZTC category and also Andres LDM campaign. Although I doubt car 022 will have a driver in it at Puke...but who knows.

The season has been an interesting one, at times quite boring and processional, and as Mark has pointed out the range of driver abilities is clear. The reverse grid spiced things up somewhat, but this stupid pit stop idea to take a wheel off and replace it is just silly. Why not bring them in to pit lane and get Paul Henry to do a '9 in 10' questionnaire with them? I mean, it serves no purpose, and it exposes the slower cars to more danger as they gain on the faster cars in pitlane.

Question now is: will there even be a top tier touring class in NZ for the 16/17 season? and if so, what shape will it take?
Old 23 Feb 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3617143)   #414
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Happy to be corrected Promax, but none the less it also serves to demonstrate the vast differences in driver and team abilities because Mclaughlin and his team have never demonstrated the potential of that car as Nick Ross did, so I guess thats a win win situation for both camps and very generous of the Mclaughlin team to make the car available to Nick.

As regards NZST's comment in his separate post:

Interesting comment from Mark that the Altima was the fastest class 1 car out there. Fastest in what regard? as the speed clearly did not translate in to results.

The Data gathered by the two independent engineer's clearly demonstrated that Nick's car is the fastest car in a straight line.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3617161)   #415
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Thanks for the clarification on the Altima Mark.

Sure had the best looking engine hands down!
Old 25 Feb 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3617607)   #416
ElCoyote
Rookie

ElCoyote should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=NZSTfan;3617140]That's what I understood too.

NZTC category and also Andres LDM campaign. Although I doubt car 022 will have a driver in it at Puke...but who knows.

A smart person would get somebody like Waite or McNeil in the seat. Win, win.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 08:53 (Ref:3617612)   #417
Mark Petch
Veteran

[QUOTE=ElCoyote;3617607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
That's what I understood too.

NZTC category and also Andres LDM campaign. Although I doubt car 022 will have a driver in it at Puke...but who knows.

A smart person would get somebody like Waite or McNeil in the seat. Win, win.
So that smart person would just have to stump up with $25K to make that all happen, obviously there are a lot smarter people than me out there, so I guess time will tell who that is, or on a positive note, who they all are.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 10:50 (Ref:3617645)   #418
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
[QUOTE=Mark Petch;3617612]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCoyote View Post

So that smart person would just have to stump up with $25K to make that all happen, obviously there are a lot smarter people than me out there, so I guess time will tell who that is, or on a positive note, who they all are.
Mark. You know as well as I do that this won't happen for car 022.

Shows over. Last one to leave...please turn the lights out.. ffs!
Old 25 Feb 2016, 10:53 (Ref:3617646)   #419
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am quite stoked that I have managed to bring a new sponsor to both the NZTC category and also Andres LDM campaign.
Is the sponsor Bartercard by anychance?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3617654)   #420
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
Is the sponsor Bartercard by anychance?
No. It's Land Development and exploration Ltd. Or LDE

You'll see them on all 4 corners of the 022 V8ST car. Good people who understand our sport.
Stoked they are on board
Old 25 Feb 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3617826)   #421
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
[QUOTE=NZSTfan;3617645]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post

Mark. You know as well as I do that this won't happen for car 022.

Shows over. Last one to leave...please turn the lights out.. ffs!
Wow, for you to say that, Stu, it really must be the case as you always were an optimist. Great pity really, isn't it? I did actually enjoy it when I went to see it at HD too. Shame for the race teams who were still in the game.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 00:05 (Ref:3617831)   #422
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
[QUOTE=Goat Boy;3617826]
Quote:

Wow, for you to say that, Stu, it really must be the case as you always were an optimist.

Maybe when Heimgartner was involved..
Old 26 Feb 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3617844)   #423
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Lack of interest? Too many burnt bridges? Lack of money? Who knows?

I doubt there will be many people willing to throw money at new cars for a new touring car class. I'm not sure what is left to do if the current group can't entice cars out of sheds? Is opening the gate even further and allowing non NZV8/ST cars in an option? Can this be done without stepping on the toes of other classes.. such as GTRNZ and South/North Island Endurance Series? Who knows?
Old 26 Feb 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3617845)   #424
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I wonder if 4 door V8 tin top racing has had its day.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3617901)   #425
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Lack of interest? Too many burnt bridges? Lack of money? Who knows?

I doubt there will be many people willing to throw money at new cars for a new touring car class. I'm not sure what is left to do if the current group can't entice cars out of sheds? Is opening the gate even further and allowing non NZV8/ST cars in an option? Can this be done without stepping on the toes of other classes.. such as GTRNZ and South/North Island Endurance Series? Who knows?
The same thought crossed my mind promax, if its a V8 touring car, and its not going to turn things on it head why not open it up a bit?