Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:54 (Ref:4022731)   #526
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
You do know Max won his first race in the Red Bull team in his second season in F1?, without ANY testing prior to that weekend

and Alex had winter testing this year with Red Bull and todays race was his 26th for Red Bull, more than a full "normal" season of F1

and Max has not "assauted" anyone, don't know where you get that nonsense

furthermore Alex always has said he has a simular driving style to Max

Yawn ...
Max Verstappen fan club talking again?

Sometimes it helps to be a bit more objective rather than dismiss anything and anyone who is not Max Verstappen.

Quote:
Max 5 DNF's
Alex 2 DNF's

Max 214 points
Alex 105 points

Max 11 podiums
Alex 2 podiums

So that's less than half the points for Alex who had 3 less DNF's, but also finished outside the points in 3 of the races he finished

Alex who even on an off day for Mercedes, both last week and this week could not challenge for the podium

so I still stand by my earlier view: he is not good enough for a top F1 seat.
Luckily that's not for you to decide.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:55 (Ref:4022732)   #527
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
@steve nielsen I suggest you look up what happened after Brasil 2018, where Max attacked Ocon three times after the race.

He pushed Ocon once, I don't get where you get "atacking" and "3 times" from

You are an absolute liar if you say anything like that

I've seen champions like Senna and Hunt do far worse than that little push Max gave Ocon

Last edited by steve nielsen; 13 Dec 2020 at 22:00.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4022733)   #528
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
@steve nielsen I suggest you look up what happened after Brasil 2018, where Max attacked Ocon three times after the race.

I remember you claimed his father was innocent too, despite the multiple assaults he was guilty of.

The fact is Jos is a thug with a history of assaulting people, and Max is little better.
Shoving isn't an "assault". Its inappropriate, but not assault. How many drivers in the history of f1 do you label as an assaulter by this standard? I could rattle off quite a few, I'm sure.

And I have some sympathy for max because of his dad. He has a much harder road to normalcy or knowing right from wrong when his dad is as crappy a person as he is. It's not max's fault his upbringing came from that guy. Plus, how does he simultaneously distance himself from his dad while coming into his career in large part because of his dad? I'm not completely excusing bad behavior, just looking at it in context.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:57 (Ref:4022734)   #529
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Rumour Perez will be announced at RBR next week, Albon becoming RBR reserve driver.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:58 (Ref:4022735)   #530
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Yawn ...
Max Verstappen fan club talking again?

Sometimes it helps to be a bit more objective rather than dismiss anything and anyone who is not Max Verstappen.

Luckily that's not for you to decide.
And you seem to always be anti Max

You cant really think Albon did good with less than half the points do you?

If you really think that I can't take you serious whatsoever

The only other teams with gaps like that where Alpha Tauri and Ferrari with Vettel and Kvyat also scoring less than half the points of their teammates: do you think Vettel and Kvyat did fine this year?

Last edited by steve nielsen; 13 Dec 2020 at 22:04.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:59 (Ref:4022736)   #531
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And you seem to always be anti Max
Of course I am.
That's why I voted for him for driver of the race.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:59 (Ref:4022737)   #532
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Rumour Perez will be announced at RBR next week, Albon becoming RBR reserve driver.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I had a thought earlier in the week with perez so confident about 2022 that maybe he would be reserve driver for a year.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:08 (Ref:4022739)   #533
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
You cant really think Albon did good with less than half the points do you?

If you really think that I can't take you serious whatsoever

The only other teams with gaps like that where Alpha Tauri and Ferrari with Vettel and Kvyat also scoring less than half the points of their teammates: do you think Vettel and Kvyat did fine this year?
I never said that. It's just tiring to read Max Verstappen propaganda all the time.

Both Kvyat and Vettel had decent races but a generally disappointing season. As had Albon, Lafiti, and Ocon and Stroll.
And to a lesser account: Bottas too.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:09 (Ref:4022740)   #534
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I had a thought earlier in the week with perez so confident about 2022 that maybe he would be reserve driver for a year.
I think he ruled out being a reserve driver.
IIRC he said it was Red Bull or nothing for 2021.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:12 (Ref:4022741)   #535
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Shoving isn't an "assault".
FWIW (admittedly, not a lot), shoving a person is an assault. In English law, anyway.....
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:12 (Ref:4022742)   #536
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I challenge anyone to go shove a police officer and see how that turns out for you.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:20 (Ref:4022748)   #537
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
I never said that. It's just tiring to read Max Verstappen propaganda all the time.

Both Kvyat and Vettel had decent races but a generally disappointing season. As had Albon, Lafiti, and Ocon and Stroll.
And to a lesser account: Bottas too.
so why can't you just react to the topic with arguments like I did and have to make it a personal atack: seems very childish to me

I was just comparing Max to Alex after EastonNeston started this whole "experience excuse", so the point I made with that comparisson was valid an on topic, so i don't see why you have to give that childish reaction.

naming plain and simple results to compare to results of another driver is NOT "propaganda"

BTW: Bottas has more than half of Hamiltons points and also 11 podiums, not very disapointing, maybe for him personaly, but for the team he did his job, Albon did not, THAT is my point
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:22 (Ref:4022750)   #538
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I challenge anyone to go shove a police officer and see how that turns out for you.

Estaban Ocon is not a police officier so that doen not really matter here
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:25 (Ref:4022752)   #539
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
It would prove that shoving is treating as an assault. It think that is his point.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:26 (Ref:4022753)   #540
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Cool, right. Well this thread has royally jumped the shark now, hasn't it.

This forum has had some interesting views on the legality of things the last couple of days.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:27 (Ref:4022755)   #541
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

This forum has had some interesting views on the legality of things the last couple of days.

Well, when push comes to shove.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:28 (Ref:4022756)   #542
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
naming plain and simple results to compare to results of another driver is NOT "propaganda"
It becomes propaganda if it's used again and again and again to show how great Max is.
Someone does that all the time when Carlos Sainz is mentioned too. I forgot who, though.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:28 (Ref:4022757)   #543
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
It would prove that shoving is treating as an assault. It think that is his point.

You do know police officiers are protected different under the law in most countries than normal civillians?

apparently not
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:30 (Ref:4022759)   #544
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
It becomes propaganda if it's used again and again and again to show how great Max is.
Someone does that all the time when Carlos Sainz is mentioned too. I forgot who, though.
You don't seem to understand it's just a valid comparrison here
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:33 (Ref:4022761)   #545
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
You do know police officiers are protected different under the law in most countries than normal civillians?

apparently not
I didn't come up with the police agent. Don't blame that on me.

Nevertheless: if you would shove a police officer, you would be accused of assaulting him.
That would prove shoving is some kind of assault, right?
Regardless if you did it on a police agent, a child, a women or a grown-up man.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:34 (Ref:4022762)   #546
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:

If you bring up plain stupid arguments wich have nothing to do with anything happening between drivers it does

I can name a whole list of drivers who have done far worse than a little push, several of them world champions.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:34 (Ref:4022763)   #547
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
You don't seem to understand it's just a valid comparrison here
Maybe it isn't.
As discussed many times before there are many more variables at play rather than points and comparisons between drivers.
You don't seem to understand that.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:36 (Ref:4022765)   #548
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
If you bring up plain stupid arguments wich have nothing to do with anything happening between drivers it does

I can name a whole list of drivers who have done far worse than a little push, several of them world champions.
Is Jos one of them?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:36 (Ref:4022766)   #549
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Well, when push comes to shove.
Best post today.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:37 (Ref:4022767)   #550
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
I didn't come up with the police agent. Don't blame that on me.

Nevertheless: if you would shove a police officer, you would be accused of assaulting him.
That would prove shoving is some kind of assault, right?
Regardless if you did it on a police agent, a child, a women or a grown-up man.
No , it does'nt

in most countries a little push is NOT punishable if the person who is pushed is not hurt or property is not damaged
Closed Thread