Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Apr 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2436004)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Rnd 1 - When The Lights Went Out In Georgia

Ok, no the race is not being held in Georgia. Not the one in the deep south, and not the post communist one either. The title was a vein attempt to fill the void that is Hazza. And to be honest, we’ll actually need the lights to stay on, or it’ll be a pretty sorry weekend. Ok, I’m rambling. But who cares, it's racing time!

I'll admit, that even though this four stroke series is less appealing in terms of the racing, I still get keyed up for Moto GP. Tis been a long off-season this year and the testing has been fewer and farther between. We’ll have all Bridgestone tires on the grid, no qualifiers, and a shorter race weekend. Spare bikes will soon be gone to. I can count the money that’s being saved on one hand…

But, with all that said, Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner are still top dogs. Pedrosa has once again hurt himself prior to the season opener, but will be racing at Round 1. Lorenzo could make a leap forward, or not. The Suzuki riders once again claim that they will be competitive (everywhere except Philip Island). That Gibernau fellow is back on the grid after a lengthy hiatus. The two green bikes have left the grid. And some team named Hayate is on the grid with Melandri. I believe there is some kind of tie-in there, but I can’t be sure. That Hayden bloke is making his 100th grand prix start on a red bike that isn’t a Honda. We have several new faces making their debuts. Unfortunately, the grid is still a meager 18 bikes. And that number could drop to 17 about four races into the season (see Hayate).

It should also be noted that this is the final year of the fantastic two-stroke 250's, which have been declared evil and must be gotten rid of because the racing is just too good. They will be replaced by 600cc four strokes, which may or may not resemble some other series. Here's hoping for a memerable year long fight between a bunch of guys that I don't know. I know even less about the 125 grid, which also provides great racing. Even though it's also an evil two-stroke series, it gets to stay on life support for a while.

That about sums it up I think. And (chunder) I would like to point out that this race preview, if we can call it that, has been brought to you without the need for any lists or links of any kind. Instead, you got five paragraphs of total drivel. The people of Ten Tenths have disavowed any connection to the above written material, which is the product and property of jhansen®, who may or may not be delusional.

Game on!
Old 8 Apr 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2436348)   #2
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
chuckle chuckle....long live evil two strokes....I am still ****ed that I sold my RD, it would still be a blast, I've actually spent time on Youtube watching evil RD and RZ videos and I find myself pining for the fjords of two strokers (Monty Python reference there meester H)

Well sir delusional, that was fun reading, well written and yup it shall be fun to see how this year goes (geez I hope Hayden can get a handle on that red beast)

cheerio all
Old 8 Apr 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2436402)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
It should also be noted that this is the final year of the fantastic two-stroke 250's, which have been declared evil and must be gotten rid of because the racing is just too good.

Funny, true and sad.
Old 8 Apr 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2436595)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not happy! Going away for Easter & there is no free to air coverage of the race in Oz - Ch10 better pull there fingers out or i will be mightily peeved...
Old 8 Apr 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2436630)   #5
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Not happy! Going away for Easter & there is no free to air coverage of the race in Oz - Ch10 better pull there fingers out or i will be mightily peeved...
There is FTA coverage (but not live) on both 10 and ONE-HD at 9:00am to 11:00am Monday morning 13/4.

It is live on Foxsports 3 from 2:30am to 7:00am Monday 13/4.
Old 8 Apr 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2436942)   #6
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
get thee to a nunnery, I mean a sports pub
Old 8 Apr 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2436946)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We don't get any live coverage either. Speed is showing it on Sunday.
Old 8 Apr 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2437022)   #8
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spend the money and get the motogp subscription. You can watch it live, and there aren't any ads.

Art
Old 9 Apr 2009, 07:46 (Ref:2437166)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haha, going away in the bush, only got dial up internet up there

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
There is FTA coverage (but not live) on both 10 and ONE-HD at 9:00am to 11:00am Monday morning 13/4.

It is live on Foxsports 3 from 2:30am to 7:00am Monday 13/4.
Monday morning - thought the race was on Saturday night, ohwell, that's probably why i didnt see it in the guide...
Old 11 Apr 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2439033)   #10
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, first blood to Stoner, not surprising given his history there. Rossi and Lorenzo are well within striking distance so hopefully we can have a cracker of a race!

Shocker for Hayden, i hope hes OK.

good result for Melandri.... so how long till he brings back the " imagine what i could do in a factory team" line? i think that bike can challenge early in the season, but i see it inevitably running out of development budget compared to the factories. would be a good opening for someone like KR to get back involved, esp if Kwaka could commit to providing engines.

Caparossi .3 infront of Vermullen, not unexpected. will be interesting to see what can happen in the race

Dovi had a good result. i dont know what Pedrobot is thinking, perhaps his minders told him he needs to be out there

Edwards spanked Toseland again. so how long till Toesland asks for his old engineer back?
Old 12 Apr 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2439055)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
not looking forward to crawling out of bed at 3am to watch this.....but you know Im gonna do it anyway
Old 12 Apr 2009, 01:49 (Ref:2439076)   #12
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3am is usually when I am going to bed, so I will stay up and then sleep half the day. Thank god for public holidays.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 05:31 (Ref:2439104)   #13
djb
Veteran

ya, the Hayden crash sounds like a bad one...stitches on a cut on his chest??? cripes? he must feel like he was run over--what a bloody awful start for him

wish him the best with getting over this, a real drag. This bike seems to have a curse on it, except for He who must have made a deal with someone to avoid it...
joking aside, it is curious how now again hayden hasnt come to grips with the thing too....makes you wonder what it is about it or the characteristics that make it tricky.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 05:42 (Ref:2439111)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Bummer Nick! That's not the way to start off the season.

Stoner looks darn quick, no surprise. We'll see if Rossi can go the distance. Although I suspect Rossi would be happy with second at a track that hasn't been his best. Hoping for a good race.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2439355)   #15
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Woo Hoo Let's go racing!!! (at last)
Old 12 Apr 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2439363)   #16
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Rossi/Stoner similar pace in warm-up. Fingers crossed we see a 'race'.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2439373)   #17
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Although with the weather, we might not see any race at all!
Or maybe just 4 laps of one. It's a pity that that can genuinely count as a 'result', but I don't think there was much alternative given the conditions for the 125s/
Old 12 Apr 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2439378)   #18
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Did no-one bring any wets? (no pun intended!)
Old 12 Apr 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2439380)   #19
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
I read before last year's race that they would not race in the wet under any circumstances. The reflection from the lights makes it impossible to see the track surface clearly and it is simply too dangerous to race.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2439435)   #20
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
The reflection from the lights makes it impossible to see the track surface clearly and it is simply too dangerous to race.
And now we see the inherent flaw in night racing in all its (lack of) glory...
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2439450)   #21
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Well, this is a fantastic race. 2 weekends in a row that rain has stopped play. Good one.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2439451)   #22
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Race called off

Toseland said that it might be run tomorrow, is this official?
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2439453)   #23
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the greed inherent in bowing to European TV schedules rears its ugly head and bites Dorna in the ass then!
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2439456)   #24
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
****ing muppets. race at night with the right vehicles or not at all. i hope F1 is paying attention too...
Old 12 Apr 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2439482)   #25
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
the greed inherent in bowing to European TV schedules rears its ugly head and bites Dorna in the ass then!
I couldn't have said it better.

Jeff