Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2000, 04:15 (Ref:1475)   #1
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a lame excuse for a Ferrari driver. This guy is way worse than Irvine. At least he was a fighter and had enough character to compensate for any lack in skill. Has anybody else noticed his inability to charge through the field in a car that is the equal if not superior to the McLaren. In Australia he couldn't pass overhyped Button baby in his first race. Ferrari made a big mistake signing this guy for three years.
Old 24 May 2000, 05:12 (Ref:1476)   #2
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep hes a disaster!!
Especially when hyped into a WDC probable!

I guess hes a fine driver (F1 standard)...but certainly not the MH, JV, MS class!
Old 24 May 2000, 06:48 (Ref:1477)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's a victim of his own publicity. His biggest mistake was telling the world that he would be an equal number one. Of course some of us were just as bad to believe him!

Sadly he's a gentleman in a bruiser's world and I get the impression that having been beaten into submission mode by Mickey the Shoe, he's lost the will to try for that elusive first win.

He just doesn't seem to try. Even considering the bad luck and possibly iffy pit calls.

Old 24 May 2000, 09:52 (Ref:1478)   #4
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubinho is a what?? A "chump"? Fine.

SHUT YER FACE!!! RUBINHO IS A QUALITY PILOTE. THE FERRARI IS NOT, REPEAT, NOT AS GOOD AS THE MCLAREN. HE IS BETTER THAN IRVINE; LOOK AT THEIR TIME AT JORDAN. IRVINE IS A KICK ASS DRIVER, BUT SO IS RUBENS. "DOESN'T SEEM TO TRY" MY ARSE! HE'S JUST A SMOOTH DRIVER, THAT'S HIS STYLE. SHUT UP YOU BUNCH OF DC FANATICS!! GRANTED THE NO. 2 FERRARI DRIVE SHOULD BE LUCA BADOER, BUT HEY, THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. LEAVE RB ALONE! YOU ARE (AS USUAL) WRONG. SO THERE. I AM THE LAW!!!
Old 24 May 2000, 10:47 (Ref:1479)   #5
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I AM THE LAW!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you mispelt ****...

The only person that a driver should be compared against is his teammate - whether that be Schumacher at Ferrari, or Irvine at Jordan. Enough said. He failed miserably against both... hmmm... wonder why that could be ?

I like Rubens personally, but he's not 'got it' i'm afraid.
Old 24 May 2000, 12:29 (Ref:1480)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm finding this a little difficult but I agree with you large person.

However I think the he was almost even with Eddie. Just not quite assertive enough.
Old 24 May 2000, 12:32 (Ref:1481)   #7
fatbloke
Veteran

Is a 'Race Official' allowed to agree with someone who calls another user a **** ?

&lt;-- Simile added for the benefit of those without a sense of humour...
Old 24 May 2000, 12:35 (Ref:1482)   #8
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imagine yourself in this position...

You get to drive for arguable the best car on the grid this season. They are the most storied manufacturer in the series. Your teammate is arguable the best driver of his generation and can demand a contract that forces the team to support him solely at your expense. The team tells you that you are allowed to compete on a level playing field and then fails to properly refuel your car during races, does not allow you access to your teammates telemetry and setup, and does not give you the same bits for your car as your teammate. After all of this, the media continually seek to destroy your psyche and question your very ability. HOW WOULD YOU REACT?

Eddie Irvine was a non-contender, due mainly to his equipe, for quite a few years until Schumacher decided that he needed him to bolster any WDC attack. Then Ferrari started giving him the same equipment and access.

Can you honestly say you could perform under these circumstances as well as Barrichello has and still behave like a man?

[This message has been edited by KC (edited 24 May 2000).]
Old 24 May 2000, 13:20 (Ref:1483)   #9
fatbloke
Veteran

Rubens, and everyone else for that matter, knew precisely how Ferrari operate - it's his own fault for listening to them when they said it'd all be alright on the night. And please stop with those conspiracy theories - yeah, like they're really gonna risk losing points for the sake of dropping their second car back thirty seconds. In any case, if the car was running on empty tanks, shouldn't he have been able to catch the car in front a little easier ?
Old 24 May 2000, 13:46 (Ref:1484)   #10
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fatass you don't know what you are talking about. EI beat Rubinho?? prove it.

MS beat Rubinho? Prove it, Shouldn't you say Ferrar has beaten Rubinho so far?

European GP
Cars overtaken for position.
MS 1.
RB 9.
How many drivers out ther can say "I fought it out with Jos the Boss, and I brought the car home without a single scratch on it!"

Old 24 May 2000, 17:33 (Ref:1485)   #11
Tristan
Veteran

What's up with the expletive editing here? It didn't filter out me saying "arse" or you saying "****". Usually it just filters me out. Let's give it a go. **** tits ******** **** ****e minge mother ****er. Hmm. Quite

Anyway, back to the topic, and I promise not to get over excited this time. May be I'm just mentally comparing Rubinho with JH last year. Not much of a comparison. I DO agree with you in believing that RB has made a right **** (see, said it again) out of himself saying that he was a contendor this year. He MUST have known he'd be firmly a #2 (if you'll pardon the expression) to Schumi. But then again, look at McLaren: their points are split between two drivers and Schumi already looks odds on for the championship.....

PS No more expletives, I promise! Don't forget, Liz and Minardi fan arn't here to defend me. Besides, Billy fatass here started it! Bygones?
Old 24 May 2000, 17:56 (Ref:1486)   #12
fatbloke
Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Fatass you don't know what you are talking about. EI beat Rubinho?? prove it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I was thinking about his mental situation actually, but seeing as you're after race results, I took a look at that rather handy comparison thingy at Planet F1. Results are pretty even - the only year which Barrichello scored many more points than Irvine was 1994, and I think we'll all agree that that was a very odd year, with some odd occurences!

MS beat Rubinho? Prove it, Shouldn't you say Ferrar has beaten Rubinho so far?

European GP
Cars overtaken for position.
MS 1.
RB 9.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And why was Rubens having to overtake all those cars ? Could it be because he norsed up the race, whilst Schumacher was steaming off into the distance ?

How many drivers out ther can say "I fought it out with Jos the Boss, and I brought the car home without a single scratch on it!"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give him that - no-one else seemed to manage it. Jos the Toss certainly seemed to be 'on a mission' - John Cleland eat your heart out!
Old 24 May 2000, 17:59 (Ref:1487)   #13
fatbloke
Veteran

comparing Rubinho with JH last year
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no comparison at all. One of them is given a very poor & unreliable car, the other has a lot more luck with the reliability of the car. Which one was it who actually managed to post the Stewart's only GP win again ?
Old 24 May 2000, 18:32 (Ref:1488)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Start, just a reminder to keep from slinging the insults, please.

I would love to say, "I told you so". I have been convinced since the announcement was made that Rubens had made a terrible mistake.
I'm sorry for this as I think he is a genuinely sincere and likeable guy who would probably clean up in CART.
Despite the tone of his comments, I think that the chubbyfella has made some very reasonable points and Rubens, who is good, but not great is being served for dinner.
Old 24 May 2000, 19:03 (Ref:1489)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I can agree with Large chap cos I'm not a race official in this forum.

I think they were both given pretty dammed iffy equipment at Stewart but Herbert fought through and took the only win of the team's brief history. That says it all.

If things don't go well for RB he loses the will to fight. Expect him to be on the scrap heap by 2002 unless he starts fighting.
Old 24 May 2000, 20:13 (Ref:1490)   #16
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fat said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> No, no comparison at all. One of them is given a very poor & unreliable car, the other has a lot more luck with the reliability of the car. Which one was it who actually managed to post the Stewart's only GP win again<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is Rubinho getting a poor & unreliable car in Ferrari this year? Why you insist in comparing Rubinho with MS then, be consistent use the same logic.

Take a look at the race again and see how Rubinho got ahead of DC before the rain. If he was twice in traffic was because of the lousy pit strategy Ferrari used for Rubinho, given the circumstances he did great.

Old 24 May 2000, 20:54 (Ref:1491)   #17
Tristan
Veteran

Well said, EERO. Sorry for earlier.
Old 25 May 2000, 12:57 (Ref:1492)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May I try?

European GP. Cars overtaken for position.
MS 1. He was second on grid. He did his job. Anyway, he took TWO McLarens: David on start and Mika on lap 10.
RB 9. He was fourth on grid :confused: 9? Let's count them:

David in lap 11 (1) Good one, in straight! Top quality, yes sirrrrr!

After the first pit (lap 16, rejoined in 9, with Jenson yet to stop), he took:
Jos/Arrows - lap 20 (2)
Eddie/Jaguar - lap 21 (3)
de la Rosa/Arrows - lap 22 (4)
Fisi/Benetton - lap 31 (for a total of 5)

After the second? (lap 33, he rejoined in 6, Fisi and de la Rosa yet to stop) None. And may I suggest that if he would pass de la Rosa he would gain those few seconds so he would get third position in spite of a lousy Ferrari strategy (or sabotage)? He lost 10 laps behind his Arrows!

After the third he rejoined in fourth, where he finished. Did I miss someone?