Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Jul 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3835711)   #326
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Overboost;3835682]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

AmD have filled Boardman's seat. Will be interesting to see who makes the announcement first.

Notice how 2 of the 3 race winners who returned to the series this season are now out! Nash first, now Boardman
Old 9 Jul 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3835712)   #327
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jamie Bond will also be getting a seat at the Dunlop test for HARD.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3835716)   #328
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post

Watch out for the onboard missiles Seriously though, he’s done quite well in the VW championship, so will be worth a try
Old 9 Jul 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3835717)   #329
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So that's 4 extra drivers so far...!
Old 9 Jul 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3835725)   #330
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Watch out for the onboard missiles Seriously though, he’s done quite well in the VW championship, so will be worth a try
It doesn't translate to the btcc though. None of the graduates from that series have done anything to talk about in the btcc, it's too far a leap.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3835733)   #331
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It doesn't translate to the btcc though. None of the graduates from that series have done anything to talk about in the btcc, it's too far a leap.
I would argue that Mike Epps did very well, in cars that certainly weren't the most competitive.

Speaking of Epps...
https://twitter.com/amdessex/status/...090592769?s=21
Old 9 Jul 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3835741)   #332
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post

AmD have filled Boardman's seat. Will be interesting to see who makes the announcement first.
Why not tell us who it is?

Unless your intention is just to post cryptic 'I know something but can't say' messages?

Not helpful to forum discussion to just claim to know something, but not reveal any information. Anybody could claim that - but if someone genuinely had knowledge that they were not obliged to reveal, they wouldn't even declare that they knew it in the first place. I suggest that perhaps you are bluffing, and that you have no idea who 'the driver' is?
Old 9 Jul 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3835757)   #333
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
There are times when one knows something - or sometimes thinks one knows something - when one really does need to not be explicit.

For example naming the driver on here may jeopardise the new driver/ team relationship as one or both parties may have third parties to broach the subject with i.e. other teams, sponsors etc.

All I will say is if what I think is true is true then Shaun has a good peddler onboard. I still consider Tom Boardman to be deserving of the seat mind. Although the reasons for the split are not known to me, so it could be a very sound reason.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3835759)   #334
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
There are times when one knows something - or sometimes thinks one knows something - when one really does need to not be explicit.

For example naming the driver on here may jeopardise the new driver/ team relationship as one or both parties may have third parties to broach the subject with i.e. other teams, sponsors etc.
If the facts are not able to be discussed - what is the benefit on an individual posting that they know the facts though? I'm struggling to see how it adds to the discussion?
Old 9 Jul 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3835764)   #335
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Last edited by btccbloke; 9 Jul 2018 at 22:01.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3835876)   #336
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If the facts are not able to be discussed - what is the benefit on an individual posting that they know the facts though? I'm struggling to see how it adds to the discussion?
Well you get the gist that a seat has (or someone thinks has) been filled. If it is what I think then it was speculated very recently on here regarding a driver from a large team moving to another equally large team.

If it it does pan out then there could be two driver changes at one team...
Old 10 Jul 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3835885)   #337
Evantra
Veteran

England
I would assume we will have the AmD announcement today so the driver can have time in the car tomorrow..?
Old 10 Jul 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3835889)   #338
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Well you get the gist that a seat has (or someone thinks has) been filled. If it is what I think then it was speculated very recently on here regarding a driver from a large team moving to another equally large team.

If it it does pan out then there could be two driver changes at one team...
With TBL's in BTCC, all seats will be filled. When it was announced that Boardman was leaving, it immediately became obvious that someone else will be replacing him - that's the nature of TBL's.

My frustration comes with posts that claim a driver has left a team, but the poster is not willing to divulge a credible source or who the driver is - just adds 'winking' smilies that come across as having a smugness of inside knowledge.

My opinion stands - if someone is unable to provide any detail, or source, for their 'knowledge' - then I don't see how them claiming to have that knowledge helps discussion.

If it is true that a driver is leaving HARD - then why not state in the original post that they are not able to confirm who until the team go public, rather than include a smug wink?
Old 10 Jul 2018, 13:43 (Ref:3835896)   #339
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

All I will say is if what I think is true is true then Shaun has a good peddler onboard. I still consider Tom Boardman to be deserving of the seat mind. Although the reasons for the split are not known to me, so it could be a very sound reason.

The winks are at the hints I've dropped, not smugness. Can't say who the driver is but trying to point you all in the right direction. Thought it might generate more debate and discussion, but people seem to have taken it the wrong way
Old 10 Jul 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3835897)   #340
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post

The winks are at the hints I've dropped, not smugness.
How is the two-word statement 'the driver' a hint at anything?
Old 10 Jul 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3835899)   #341
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
So that's 4 extra drivers so far...!
5 now, Dan Welch too
Old 10 Jul 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3835902)   #342
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
5 now, Dan Welch too
Think I counted Dan before - should be Welch, TOC, Boardley and Bond and I may have even seen Tony hint at more!
Old 10 Jul 2018, 14:47 (Ref:3835906)   #343
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My count is Dan Welch
Jamie Bond
Tom Onslow-Cole
Carl Boardley
+ TG to jump in for a couple of laps himself.

Not sure if the exercise is to learn/improve the car, or boost the bank account by taking a few cheques? All the drivers have no recent experience of the RML parts. No mention of any current drivers taking part yet which makes me sway towards the £££ aspect. Maybe the race drivers only had budget for race weekends, not testing duties?
Old 10 Jul 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3835911)   #344
Evantra
Veteran

England
There's crossover with FOS on the Thursday as well, so that may cause a few absentees. I believe Jordan, Neal, Austin, Ingram, Cook and Morgan are driving their BTCC cars in the shootout plus others on various driving duties (Turks & Collard for BMW etc)
Old 10 Jul 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3835941)   #345
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How is the two-word statement 'the driver' a hint at anything?

I'm not gonna get into an argument, I was referring to my other post as to hints (the later one). This one was purely answering a legitimate question and the wink as in 'nudge-nudge wink-wink' read between the lines.

Sorry if lost in Emoji interpretation
Old 10 Jul 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3835943)   #346
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I would assume we will have the AmD announcement today so the driver can have time in the car tomorrow..?
If it’s who I think it is in the car, then testing has never really been a luxury they can afford, but I hope they do get some seat time.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3835944)   #347
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My count is Dan Welch
Jamie Bond
Tom Onslow-Cole
Carl Boardley
+ TG to jump in for a couple of laps himself.

Not sure if the exercise is to learn/improve the car, or boost the bank account by taking a few cheques? All the drivers have no recent experience of the RML parts. No mention of any current drivers taking part yet which makes me sway towards the £££ aspect. Maybe the race drivers only had budget for race weekends, not testing duties?
Thomson will be testing.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3835971)   #348
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
James? That's a turn up for the books. I think the man still has it! 😀
Old 11 Jul 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3836020)   #349
Overboost
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
If it’s who I think it is in the car, then testing has never really been a luxury they can afford, but I hope they do get some seat time.
He should be testing st Snett
Old 11 Jul 2018, 09:33 (Ref:3836021)   #350
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Welch advertising a seat in Carrera Cup for the remainder of season on Twitter

I wonder........