Old 24 Feb 2004, 19:22 (Ref:884328)   #1
skyblue
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
skyblue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar and Kavanagh, anyone know more?

Serial lurker finally registers!!

A friend told me today that a German version of Autosport printed a story yesterday that Jaguar F1 invited Sarah Kavanagh to join the team as test driver, and also race in British F3 with Carlin.

But that the deal is going through a rough patch since a sponsor for the F3 part pulled out. I wonder if that was Tag Heuer because today they announced that they were leaving the official timekeeping and they are listed on Kavanaghs site as a sponsor?

Also said she had been clocking up test miles in an ex-schumacher ferrari around Europe.

Fascinating. Anyone know more?

SB
Old 24 Feb 2004, 19:47 (Ref:884373)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bonjour. Welome to ten-tenths.

Well I haven't heard any of that, but indeed fascinating. especially the bit about testing an old Ferrari. There are a few recetn Ferrari's out there in private hands, but there use is normally restricted to Ferrari club events or historic meetings.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 19:52 (Ref:884386)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
You could be onto something there Skyblue (welcome to 10th's btw ). I was going to say, wasn't Sarah's run in the McLaren at Indy back in 02 (??) set up by Tag Heure?
Old 24 Feb 2004, 19:59 (Ref:884403)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe it is an ex-Irvine Ferrari, afterall he sold his Formula Ford car Sarah Kavanagh.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:00 (Ref:884406)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to 10-tenths skyblue!
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:03 (Ref:884410)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
You could be onto something there Skyblue (welcome to 10th's btw ). I was going to say, wasn't Sarah's run in the McLaren at Indy back in 02 (??) set up by Tag Heure?
Wasn't that Sarah Fisher who had a run in the Mac, not Sarah Kavanagh...?
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:05 (Ref:884416)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
She has a decent forum Click here. Although it is a little pink for me

There are few details on her wesbite http://www.sarahkavanagh.com
She has driven a Jordan F1 car in EuroBoss.
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
You are right. Easy mistake and she has had some dealings with McLaren:
Quote:
http://www.sarahkavanagh.com
In 2001 McLaren F1, invited her for physical and on-track assessments at their Human Performance Laboratory and at the Pembrey test circuit.
I see one of the reasons she got into motor racing was after seeing the Group C's at Le Mans

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Feb 2004 at 20:10.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:11 (Ref:884427)   #8
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Sarah Fisher in the Mac at Indy. Unless Kavanagh has done it, too... but I don't recall Kavanagh lapping at Indy.

EDIT: ! Second time today I have posted the same response as someone else at the same time! Errr....

Last edited by shiny side up!; 24 Feb 2004 at 20:12.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:15 (Ref:884430)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aaaagh! I went on Sarah Kavanaghs forum, came off it back on to ten-tenths and ten-tenths has gone all pink and purple!
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:17 (Ref:884436)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Try this to cure it. Or visit here for a choice of schemes.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:22 (Ref:884440)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Thanks. It's all cleared up now....phew!
Old 24 Feb 2004, 20:25 (Ref:884441)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

There's still a pink car of yours at the top though... Although it is a nice, Silk Cut pink.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 22:01 (Ref:884546)   #13
skyblue
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
skyblue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, but I have to own up to being a lurker for years!

Had a good look through her site and she's tested for Carlin before organised by McLaren. I remember reading that Carlin really rated her. She's raced in f3000's and F1's since 1996. (I saw her race at Donington in a Jordan).

Having searched a few terms I also discovered an Irish millionaire called Paddy Shovelin who races in the Ferrari Challenge has a '99 Ferrari which was demoed at the Phoenix Park races last year by Michael Cullen, also a Ferrari challenge racer. Perhaps it's his?

SB
Old 24 Feb 2004, 22:50 (Ref:884621)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
Apologies, you are correct
Old 25 Feb 2004, 00:22 (Ref:884726)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
This rumour is new to me but very welcome if true. I don't know much about Miss Kavanagh, but having a woman testing in F1 can only be a good thing in terms of publicity and exposure.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 08:30 (Ref:884927)   #16
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
She has a decent forum Click here. Although it is a little pink for me

That link in fact just brings you to this forum.To save anyone else getting their screen turned pink DONT click it! Mine has been like that for at least a year now,I decided I prefer it that way.Strangely Sarah's site has been completly redesigned in black & white,but I still have the pink version,and so it seems do any new lurkers.
Hope something does come of this.I currently have no drivers with confirmed plans to support..
Old 25 Feb 2004, 08:38 (Ref:884933)   #17
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I think it's a good thing for motorsport that some women with talent are looking at F1. I can't see why more women aren't more interested.

It's a good rush, women earn the same as guys and it's not a contact sport. Sure, at higher levels it can require some form of muscle but nothing that a little training (that you'd have to do for fitness sake anyway) won't solve.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 09:04 (Ref:884951)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
That link in fact just brings you to this forum.To save anyone else getting their screen turned pink DONT click it
Sorry I added this to this thread Her forum is an affliate of ten-tenths. When you chose to go there it has it's own colour scheme. Go to the affliates section to chose other designs and visit a few interesting sites. You can always return to the standard forum design by going to http://tentenths.com/forum/?styleid=1&referrerid=18 Thanks.

Anyway, which Ferrari would it be? How old is it, basically? The EuroBoss cars are good fun, but those Jordans are ten years out of date. Although I suppose the levels of grip must be comparable.

Last edited by Adam43; 25 Feb 2004 at 09:07.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 06:46 (Ref:887002)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've always admired kavanagh and have always been a fan. I don't think she is F1 material, but I do think she is good enough to be a pro. I'd really like to see her do a complete year in F3 or F3000. If she can do well there, then I think she could legitimately stake a claim for F1.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 13:27 (Ref:887322)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember reading this stuff about Kavanagh in 1996/97 and to be frank she's not achieved anything since then.

Why would things be any different now?
Old 27 Feb 2004, 14:30 (Ref:887377)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Jaguar and Kavanagh, anyone know more?

Quote:
Originally posted by skyblue
Also said she had been clocking up test miles in an ex-schumacher ferrari around Europe.

Fascinating. Anyone know more?

SB
Maybe a Ferrari 98 or 99 ???????

Intriguing that Eddie has such links with Ferrari...
Old 27 Feb 2004, 15:09 (Ref:887413)   #22
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I remember reading this stuff about Kavanagh in 1996/97 and to be frank she's not achieved anything since then.

Why would things be any different now?
Because she has not really DONE anything since then,due to lack of money.Every time something looks like being set up it all falls apart.She has never had a full season,or any season in a competitive car.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 15:41 (Ref:887426)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I seem to remember that about 18 months ago, at the Ferrari Big Red meeting at Brands, there was an ex Schumacher car being demonstrated. The car had been bought by some wealthy chap and was in the process of being exported, maybe that's the one you are talking about?