Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4027356)   #2451
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or the UK it seems.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:54 (Ref:4027362)   #2452
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
When you think that we can now determine for sure the gender of a fly turning in orbit around Mars… May be we could help a trucker to cross the Channel with few or no hassle. May be I say…
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4027374)   #2453
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That's pretty good. We're not getting great post delivery at the moment, we seem to get a batch every few days.

I think it's because of Covid in the sorting office. A friend of mine works there and he had it before Christmas, it sounds like there's a reduced staff there due to sickness.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

We have noticed the same sort of thing this week. With centralised hubs for mail sorting creating postal chaos is likely to have a high success rate for the virus as we head into the second quarter of the pandemic.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4027376)   #2454
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
I can confirm that from the Border some of the processes forced upon us are totally ridiculous and hark back to practices that were phased out over 20 years ago. It's like someone in charge looked at an old operating handbook and implicated it.
Brexit was a vote for the 1950's wasn't it ? That's what I took from Mr Cholmondley Warners' Cathode ray tube broadcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gou1cspUfdY
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4027380)   #2455
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
We have a new record - a truck despatched overnight had just over 300 sheets of A4 documentation to go with the load (mostly EHC related)
WIll we start seeing a lot more trailers on the back of trucks, one for goods, one for paper work ?

On a more serious note, in the early 2000's I worked for a good sized logistics Company as a design/proposals engineer. most of the projects were in factories, but an increasing amount were for then new distribution centres, something that is now the norm, not just the UK, but all over the EU . . . . I wonder in England at least whether we'll start to see a return to local distibution from individual manufacturers/suppliers, to simplify the import/export processes you have already highlighted.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4027382)   #2456
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Have to check with my crystal radio if it still broadcasts de Gaulle, saying "Les Français parlent aux Français".

By the way you must have kept an abacus with missing balls to count, Joe. Alfaholics said 20 years ago which gives circa 2000, out of taxes and tariffs not 1950!
Old 7 Jan 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4027403)   #2457
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After minor panic, my delivery of wine from Puglia arrived last night.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4027405)   #2458
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Wine from Puglia?, what's wrong with English wine apart from being more expensive??.

I just heard on the wireless that there is no milk at Tesco in Londonderry/Derry due to incorrect paperwork for the inbound trucks. They have cows in Northern Ireland which presumably produce milk. Bonkers.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4027406)   #2459
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well in fairness there are some very good English wines, but mostly white. Also suggesting my wine was delivered from Chorlton-cum-Hardy has less of a ring to it.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4027408)   #2460
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
My Smirnoff from Italy is out of stock yet again, I'm getting worried as I have next week off work and we're running low on stocks indoors.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4027419)   #2461
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
My Smirnoff from Italy is out of stock yet again, I'm getting worried as I have next week off work and we're running low on stocks indoors.
I thought Smirnoff was made in Warrington? (Or that was what the TV advert used to lead us to believe, but that was a long time ago).
"Vere is Varrington?" was the question asked...
Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4027420)   #2462
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Buy English Vodka, spend your Pound at home.

https://saplingspirits.com

Last edited by eamonn ledwidge; 7 Jan 2021 at 13:59.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4027421)   #2463
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thought Smirnoff was made in Warrington? (Or that was what the TV advert used to lead us to believe, but that was a long time ago).
"Vere is Varrington?" was the question asked...
Wasn't that Vladivar Vodka?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4027423)   #2464
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Tim you should stop drinking that stuff made from spuds and get a decent thirst quenching pint of this
No shortage in my area in the UK at the moment
Click image for larger version

Name:	LARKINS.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	66149
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4027426)   #2465
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Tell us more..... you can't just allude to wine from my favourite region without giving more details
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4027427)   #2466
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
We have a thriving brewery or two around here. Hornes does an amazing IPA and Tring Brewery supplies some fine bitter. Hornes will deliver UK wide.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4027432)   #2467
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Tell us more..... you can't just allude to wine from my favourite region without giving more details
Well it's a primitivo seagetano that I discovered when in Albania. I get it delivered through Vivino.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4027440)   #2468
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Wasn't that Vladivar Vodka?
Peter, if I wasn't sitting down I would stand corrected.
I will stand in the corner of the room for the rest of the afternoon. Thank you.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4027469)   #2469
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Tim you should stop drinking that stuff made from spuds and get a decent thirst quenching pint of this
No shortage in my area in the UK at the moment
Attachment 66149
TBH I wasn't overly impressed with that stuff you brought to Spa a few years back.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4027475)   #2470
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge View Post
They have cows in Northern Ireland which presumably produce milk.
You just have to teach them how to produce vodka now…
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4027477)   #2471
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
TBH I wasn't overly impressed with that stuff you brought to Spa a few years back.
Perhaps it doesn't travel well ? I'll take you up the brewery to give you a tasting session when (and if) things get sorted out
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jan 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4027499)   #2472
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Perhaps it doesn't travel well ? I'll take you up the brewery to give you a tasting session when (and if) things get sorted out
I could be persuaded, very easily
Old 7 Jan 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4027525)   #2473
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You just have to teach them how to produce vodka now…
it doesn't travel - just like us at the moment.
Old 8 Jan 2021, 00:13 (Ref:4027551)   #2474
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What about a pipeline?
Old 8 Jan 2021, 08:05 (Ref:4027587)   #2475
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just been reading about the Kent Access Permit required to get a truck across the county and into Europe. I see that it doesn't apply to <7.5t and only to cross channel traffic.

A question for locals - are there checkpoints across the county checking this? The article that put me on the trail mentions a £32k Brexit Bonus in fines so far, but is this levied roadside or at the ports?

Asking for a friend. Absolutely nothing to do with my team racing at Lydd this year . MSUK won't be any help with the carnet as it's an "independent" meeting.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk