Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3872809)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
DIJON 'MOTORS CUP'

HVM organised 'International' event, to include CSCC from the UK and HSCC Historic F2.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3931254)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
To those who come, be safe and have fun while your suits are drying if you competed at Spa! Forecast gives sunny Sat, some rain for the other days, rather cold. I understood at least MD David will come, same organisation holds another meeting at Val de Vienne on the 25/27. Nice track, relaxed ambiance, location between Poitiers/Angoulême. Let me know if interested. Gerry Mo'!
Old 1 Oct 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3931349)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Thanks Gerard; my car & trailer are currently in secure parking at Dijon (thanks to the friendly & helpful circuit staff) while we are down near Macon enjoying the unique ambience and good things of rural France for a couple of days.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3931402)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good to read that, David! I can't recommend enough to have a look to hospices de Beaune too… If you can have a go to Val de Vienne one day or another I guess you Lenham and you will appreciate. Have fun!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3931409)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I can't recommend enough to have a look to hospices de Beaune too…
Côte de Beaune produces some pleasant vino of all colours too!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3931503)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Avec modération mes amis, avec modération, sans modérateur et avec délectation! Take care, David, when the wind blows more or less in the same axle as the long straight, often it brings rain…*And the track will be hard on your rear left tyre too…
Old 2 Oct 2019, 16:46 (Ref:3931516)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Avec modération mes amis, avec modération, sans modérateur et avec délectation! Take care, David, when the wind blows more or less in the same axle as the long straight, often it brings rain…*And the track will be hard on your rear left tyre too…
Don't I know it! I raced there in the wet back around 2006, went too hot into Pouas and hit the armco on the inside on exit. With help from other competitors managed to get out for the race the following day. Happy times.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3931524)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember that. Great fun, happy days.

It rained in October 06, I remember specifically because my wets were doing duty as trailer tyres that year, it was the only way I could transport them down there! Then it rained again in June 07 when I had an open car, but still bloody good fun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3931534)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I remember specifically because my wets were doing duty as trailer tyres that year, it was the only way I could transport them down there!
This is THE story, never heard that before. I'd really enjoy to meet you two or at least one.
David remember if the weather is cold and if it has been raining it will take a long time before you find a dry track. And take care because you probably will hear about the "two wheels out rule" during the briefing but the marshals dont appreciate you push your luck too much with that… I do regret can't see you there…
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3931539)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Because you know Pouas curve, mind you depending on how you pronounce it it can sound like "pouasse" meaning bad luck… From people who know, it seems you've better drive on the right on the long straight meaning you dont really need to go to far on the left exciting Pouas… Remember the pit entry is really tricky! How do I know? Well……

PS Mike says the toilets are clean! At last!
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3931553)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which is Pouas? The last corner?

If so, with <100bhp exiting wide and with as little steering as possible is necessary to even get up the hill let alone be quick

Yes I had to use my wets as trailer wheels in 06, I had me, Mrs MM and Mini MM plus spares, clothes and toys for a week all shoved in an MGZS hatchback!

The next year wasn't such a problem as I had a Peugeot 406 Estate, but I still had to scrub the wets in on the trailer over the winter.

This is me, alas on the left not the young blade on the right, at the GP de l'Age d'Or on June 2007.

Like I said, happy days.

Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3931554)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Be interesting to see how the CSCC contingent go here - I couldn't afford to go along, unfortunately - and we still haven't been able to test the car since its double clutch failures on our last two outings.......

We've just heard that this time next year CSCC are running races at the Le Mans Bugatti circuit.....that could be interesting
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3931561)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

And this was the rain in 07, GP de l'A d'O

Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3931573)   #14
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Be interesting to see how the CSCC contingent go here - I couldn't afford to go along, unfortunately - and we still haven't been able to test the car since its double clutch failures on our last two outings.......

We've just heard that this time next year CSCC are running races at the Le Mans Bugatti circuit.....that could be interesting
Thats going to full very quickly I imagine.

Really good though. Le Mans Bugatti quite a unique one. No idea what the circuit capacity is .
Old 2 Oct 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3931581)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice pics, Max, you look tall and your memory is better than mine I didn't remember the rain in 2007 at Prenois. Yes, Pouas is the last long corner with a "bump" in the middle. I shared a L'Tina with Dany Snobeck and thought it was in 2007, may be it was 2008 (U2TC grid). A sunny day, a lot of spanering, a lot lot fun with English folks. Happy days!

Richard I'm sure you'll like the Bugatti track, warm welcome and convenient location coming from the UK.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 05:23 (Ref:3931622)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
My first trip to Prenois was as a spanner, could have been 2008 or 2009. As it was l’Age d’Or meeting it was early summer and scarily hot. I went back to race my +4 a year or so later expecting the same and it rained constantly for over 24hrs, before drying up on the Sunday.....
Old 3 Oct 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3931640)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sometimes we ask for horrible weather just in case the UK competitors could miss the rain…
I hope David will enjoy his stay and race may be he'll post pictures or a video.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3931654)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Weather forecast states its gonna be cold, very cold in the morning, and not really dry. Remember Francorchamps? Get you wets busy…
Old 4 Oct 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3931939)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mr Smith, I guess you must be satisfied with your 1'45"302 in the wet knowing a very good 26R is doing 1'42"9. Still 1'44"459 for an MG B is fast. Prepare yourself to hard fight against the two Minis! The others Sprites did 1'48"4 and 1'52"8 meaning you can win your category if my reading is correct.
At the end of the long straight, before the right/left/right, its not always necessary to brake on the left part of the track…
PS: 1'42"898 is really fast for a L'Tina… Bob will be happy to know that a '89 Astra got the second BLT!
Old 4 Oct 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3931963)   #20
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Thanks Gerard, no video of qually as we forgot to install the camera. Car is too soft on the rear, a bit of a handful in some corners, but is going well. Not braking at the end of the pit straight is not an option for me - I hit 7900 rpm in 4th which is qhite quick... I am not brave enough!
I followed the Lo'Tina for half a lap, he had it dancing, very good driver.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3932030)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I feel you've fun, go on like that! Too soft at rear in the wet on this track is better than too stiff specially if you car is fitted with a live axle. Beware of the white lanes… Hope the welcome is warm; weather forecast is not so good!
Old 5 Oct 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3932032)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Did they bother you with the tyre valve caps????
Old 5 Oct 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3932058)   #23
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Did they bother you with the tyre valve caps????
Not sure what you mean? - but I always have them fitted anyway.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3932073)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You've better… From your knowledge do you think we could enter two or three MX-5 1600, not htp'ed but safety compliant in your series and in the Dutch YCC next year? Nice fellows, looking for relaxed ambiance…
Dont forget the action cam if you can please!
Old 5 Oct 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3932087)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Fingers crossed, our David is doing great just before pit stop… just for Andy, a '44 S2 is currently 4'th…

First Midget taking the lead during the very last minutes, David? Hard fight with Atkinson and Page I guess. Page looks very fast from the live timing. So, what is your strategy for tomorrow? No prisoner?!!

Last edited by Gerard C; 5 Oct 2019 at 16:02.