Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:26 (Ref:2313525)   #276
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see you agree that 3 day a year street events are at the cost of permanent infrastructure Bazil

For those who are interested (including Bazil and Pecky) This Sunday at Olympic Park

http://www.saveolympicpark.com.au/flyer1.pdf
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:31 (Ref:2313530)   #277
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
cant make it sorry, where did they get 90 million from, thats hasnt mentioned anywhere, did they just make it up
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:34 (Ref:2313534)   #278
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not at all, that is the number estimated that the event will cost. Lets remember that the Government nor V8SA is willing to put a cap on NSW contributions because as of yet they still dont know how much the event will cost.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:42 (Ref:2313536)   #279
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i have never seen that figure anywhere and it is total BS. It may cost the govet 90 million over 20 years, but that would be all, and if that happens they will have more than got it back through GST returns anyway so it would be cost neutral
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:48 (Ref:2313538)   #280
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
i have never seen that figure anywhere and it is total BS.
Can you prove that Peckstar becuase currently the organsiers cant
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:54 (Ref:2313539)   #281
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Good to see you agree that 3 day a year street events are at the cost of permanent infrastructure Bazil

For those who are interested (including Bazil and Pecky) This Sunday at Olympic Park

http://www.saveolympicpark.com.au/flyer1.pdf
Sorry. I will be far too busy tidying my sock draw. Although it would be fun to go along to see the rent-a-crowd protestors comparing notes about spotted frogs, rare swamp weeds and who has the best dreadlocks etc...

D.R.T, Please do us all a favour and take some panoramic shots of your fellow protestors and post them after on this thread so we can all share a laugh?? Thanks mate.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 02:56 (Ref:2313541)   #282
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I think they can prove it quite easily. no other pemannet circuits costs that much to set up. not even melbourne and Adelaide is way short of that.

The hippies who formed this figure have confused the number required at EC with the number required for homebush

the government have committed to a 30 mill cap. how Cap is defined is interesting but at the most its 30 mill for infrastructure, with a committment to contributer 2-3 mill per year. so at most 45 million over 5 years but most likely less than that

now can you prove its 90 million or even close to that number, neither can they
Old 16 Oct 2008, 03:34 (Ref:2313548)   #283
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
I think they can prove it quite easily.

the government have committed to a 30 mill cap.
However they havent tried to prove it nor have they committed in any way shape or form to a price cap. Their reluctance to make public the EIA, whilst making outlandish statements of international tourists, economic benefits and tv figures makes this whole event look like a mess.

Adding to the problem is announced crowd figures ranging anywhere from 100 000 to 250 000 for 2009, economic benefits quoted as 50 million then in another article at 150 million. There is no apparent controls or concrete estimates here.

Quote:
The hippies who formed this figure have confused the number required at EC with the number required for homebush
Seems interesting that baz and yourself as so keen to label opposition to the event as ' hippies' or 'do gooders' in the case of Luke West. Rather a misguided statement when seeing that the negative movement against this race starts at the State Government, Business Sector, Local councils and Sydney residents. Not a niche left group but very mainstream with significant support in National media.

Might be a case of who laughs last, laughs the loudest Baz
Old 16 Oct 2008, 03:41 (Ref:2313553)   #284
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
just support the 90 million number if you can DRT, thats what this discusion is about.

and i call them hippies only because of my observation of the save albert park (SAP) group. i have no idea who that person is you mentioned. oh and the SAP group seems to have the same supporters as those you mentioned. Green supporters(who dont parctise what they preach) and left wing media. I'll stand by hippies,
Old 16 Oct 2008, 03:43 (Ref:2313554)   #285
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which part of the ecology are they trying to protect? The cesspool or the grass on the football paddock?

Go hug a frog, DRT
Old 16 Oct 2008, 03:43 (Ref:2313555)   #286
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Double post.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2313557)   #287
bazil
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Go hug a frog, DRT
Or maybe kiss one or two and hope it turns into an ARDC loving Prince on a shiny white Eco car that will give them another toy to wreck...
Old 16 Oct 2008, 04:14 (Ref:2313563)   #288
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
just support the 90 million number if you can DRT, thats what this discusion is about.
Is it, I thought the discussion was about all the flaws with constructing a 3 day a year race track?

I support the assertion of $90 million based on their research and estimates. I am sure if you contact this particular group they will happily explain this process to you, unlike the NSW Government of V8SA.

Quote:
and i call them hippies only because of my observation of the save albert park (SAP) group.
Might it be better to judge the NSW movement in terms of NSW people, not a Victorian Group? Are the people inside State Government who oppose the event hippies, are the Commonwealth Bank and other surrounding businesses hippies, Newington, Ryde, Parramatta residents hippies? The 3/4 of people polled in the telegraph opposing the event hippies?

Is Sydney the new Byron Bay?
Old 16 Oct 2008, 04:44 (Ref:2313569)   #289
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so just let me get this correct DRT you cant support the 90 million where (and neither can the hippies) The 30 million is locked in (find me evidence to the opposite) its committed and no more will be paid infrastructure

But to answer your question is yes they are. nothing but self interested hippies using BS made up excuses to support their arguments.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 05:02 (Ref:2313572)   #290
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
so just let me get this correct DRT you cant support the 90 million where (and neither can the hippies) The 30 million is locked in (find me evidence to the opposite) its committed and no more will be paid infrastructure
Does this do it for you Peckstar

Quote:
Responding to the Herald this week, Macdonald made it clear that while there will be a cap, there is not one yet. The deal has not been finalised, so no one can say what it will cost.
Quote:
It now appears the $30 million estimated as the total cost does not include compensation the Government might have to pay businesses whose operations would be disrupted by the race.

Quote:
After V8 Supercars pitched their Homebush Bay proposal, the precinct's administrator, the Sydney Olympic Park Authority, commissioned a report on costs. It concluded that the races' true cost was millions of dollars higher than the company's estimates. Even when taking into account different circuit designs, "it is clear that in all scenarios the current V8 Supercars Australia budget estimates are too low and/or incomplete", the authority was told.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...54.html?page=3
Old 16 Oct 2008, 05:08 (Ref:2313576)   #291
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
still waiting on $90 million
Old 16 Oct 2008, 05:12 (Ref:2313577)   #292
D.R.T.
Veteran

Open your eyes, drop the game then you will find the answers. Good to see the 30 million was locked in
Old 16 Oct 2008, 05:44 (Ref:2313585)   #293
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i opened them, i read that article, it seemed to be full of mights and lacked any real evidence or facts.

But i do see wher the 90 million came from, it came from a party who is trying to get 90 million out of the government to do what they want" why spend 90 million there when you can spend it at EC" . that would be your boys telling us that wouldnt it

as for that vague comment from the Sydney Olympic Park Authority. no numbers there just vagues terms.

Come on is that really all you have to go on.

i have a hundered articles that say it will be 30 million. you have one that has no numbers just vague estimates from nearly two weeks ago, surely by now there should be more info to support their case, but alas non has arisen
Old 16 Oct 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2313716)   #294
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i have a hundered articles that say it will be 30 million. you have one that has no numbers just vague estimates from nearly two weeks ago, surely by now there should be more info to support their case, but alas non has arisen
On the other hand the ARDC is proposing to spend only $94 million to upgrade the goat track at EC into something that is halfway suitable as a racetrack. I can see that would be a much cheaper option.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 00:13 (Ref:2314314)   #295
bazil
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
On the other hand the ARDC is proposing to spend only $94 million to upgrade the goat track at EC into something that is halfway suitable as a racetrack. I can see that would be a much cheaper option.
Keh...?

OMG, we have lost one to the dark side, DRT and his ADRC witchdoctors have poisoned the mind of a good soldier.

Even if you were ever to spend 90+ million on the Creek, the first 20 mill would be to buy out the lease from the ARDC and find someone appropriate to oversee the rebuild and running of the joint.

Maybe someone has just kidnapped Robert and is illegally using his computer??
Old 17 Oct 2008, 00:51 (Ref:2314328)   #296
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe someone has just kidnapped Robert and is illegally using his computer??
No , Basil , it was a very tounge in cheek reply to "outrageous expenditure". The ARDC was or is going to spend $94 million of borrowed money,and not a word saying how "ourageous" it is. A unsubstantiated rumour is turned into "fact" that $90 million will be spent at Homebush and that is "outrageous"
Old 17 Oct 2008, 01:00 (Ref:2314334)   #297
bazil
Veteran

Quote:
No , Basil , it was a very tounge in cheek reply to "outrageous expenditure". The ARDC was or is going to spend $94 million of borrowed money,and not a word saying how "ourageous" it is. A unsubstantiated rumour is turned into "fact" that $90 million will be spent at Homebush and that is "outrageous"
Welcome back!!
Old 17 Oct 2008, 01:23 (Ref:2314343)   #298
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
The ARDC was or is going to spend $94 million of borrowed money...
Just wondering what the repayments on a $94mil loan are these days?
Old 17 Oct 2008, 01:45 (Ref:2314350)   #299
bazil
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Just wondering what the repayments on a $94mil loan are these days?
At 7% over 30 years it is $143,826 per week or $7,478,952 per year with a total loan repayment of $224,368,560.

If you know where there is someone silly enough to offer this money in todays climate, please pm me urgently!!!
Old 17 Oct 2008, 01:48 (Ref:2314351)   #300
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Obviously the wonderful people at the ARDC (excuse whilst I choke here on those words ) haven't heard of the saying "Don't matter how much you try and polish a t$%d, it's still going to be a t$%d!"

The economics just don't stack up, $30 million on something that will become a signature event for the city or $94 million on some circuit just out of town.

The other $50 million could be spent on getting the State out of the proverbial, than ARDC and there proverbial proposal.