Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2021, 07:16 (Ref:4090548)   #3276
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Peter Auto minor changes re their regulation.

Rev limit: Cobra rev limit 6.8kRPM, Daytona 6.6 kRPM (TVR Grif' too), GT350 7,2 kRPM, E Type pre '66 7 kRPM, E Type pre '62 all she can get.

Front tires width: Cobra roadster and Daytona 215/70-15.

Minimum weigh: Cobra roadster 1000 kilos, Cobra Daytona 1075 kilos, E Type pre '62 1118 kilos, E Type pre '66 1000 kilos, TVR Grif' 975kilos.

When mandatory the MSD box and its connections will be thoroughly checked. Really.

BOP for: replicas, continuations, look alike, imitations, evocations, photocopies, certified honnest, almost certified, certification in progress, cant find the plate, my dad had the same, my uncle too, almost compliant, go to Specsavers you and mind your business versions still discussed.

Its only my opinion but: 1 if they allow only genuine cars, can they handle more than one meeting per year? 2 how can they find a proper BOP for non genuine cars knowing what is above…
Old 19 Dec 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4090563)   #3277
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
What about SU carbs,then?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 20 Dec 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4090661)   #3278
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Peter Auto minor changes re their regulation.

Rev limit: Cobra rev limit 6.8kRPM, Daytona 6.6 kRPM (TVR Grif' too), GT350 7,2 kRPM, E Type pre '66 7 kRPM, E Type pre '62 all she can get.

Front tires width: Cobra roadster and Daytona 215/70-15.

Minimum weigh: Cobra roadster 1000 kilos, Cobra Daytona 1075 kilos, E Type pre '62 1118 kilos, E Type pre '66 1000 kilos, TVR Grif' 975kilos.

When mandatory the MSD box and its connections will be thoroughly checked. Really.

BOP for: replicas, continuations, look alike, imitations, evocations, photocopies, certified honnest, almost certified, certification in progress, cant find the plate, my dad had the same, my uncle too, almost compliant, go to Specsavers you and mind your business versions still discussed.

Its only my opinion but: 1 if they allow only genuine cars, can they handle more than one meeting per year? 2 how can they find a proper BOP for non genuine cars knowing what is above…
Will be interesting to see how strictly enforced this is….
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 20 Dec 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4090662)   #3279
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Will be interesting to see how strictly enforce this ….
Dancing Scrutineers?

Last edited by zefarelly; 20 Dec 2021 at 11:17.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4090744)   #3280
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Will be interesting to see how strictly enforced this is….
Piece of cake, matter of will. I think all the Cobras are straight now and to police the MSD boxes is really simple. The box must be mounted in the cockpit well in sight and all the wirings must be easy to follow. The market of E Types aluminium blocks is heating up, back orders are numerous.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 02:23 (Ref:4090924)   #3281
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
So true, Gerard! Incidentally like Bob, Jackie and I had our boosters weeks ago - no side effects of note plus for reassurance, we also had our flu jabs at the same time, and we're still here. Pleased to get them out the way at the same time as I hate needles!
I am now fully boosted and 5G compliant. No side effects yet.... just came home and did my Windows updates.....
Old 22 Dec 2021, 05:58 (Ref:4090935)   #3282
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I am now fully boosted and 5G compliant. No side effects yet.... just came home and did my Windows updates.....
Double glazing?
Old 22 Dec 2021, 06:26 (Ref:4090936)   #3283
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Double glazing?
I must confess at the moment im the one feeling a bit double glazed. Had a bit of an afternoon nap which is not normal for me. Woke up and had an urge for a coffee (normally I am a tea man). I also have had this urge to now go for a walk..... most unlike me. Im not a big walker. I walk to the car in the garage is more my style.

The true test will be when your next quiz appears.... I will know something is different/wrong if / when the answers spring straight to mind!
Old 22 Dec 2021, 07:46 (Ref:4090939)   #3284
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Windows updates?? That's some side effect! I felt perfectly normal after my booster even though she didn't give me a boiled sweet...
Old 22 Dec 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4090949)   #3285
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We dediced to split, about the vaccine only ATM, had the third Moderna dose and my Half and a Half is waiting for her third Pfizer. My next writings will be "Being a guinea pig"! Positive side effect to this, she's taking excdellent care of me…
Old 22 Dec 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4090954)   #3286
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
We dediced to split, about the vaccine only ATM, had the third Moderna dose and my Half and a Half is waiting for her third Pfizer. My next writings will be "Being a guinea pig"! Positive side effect to this, she's taking excdellent care of me…
Gerard, a half & a half is a whole...
Old 22 Dec 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4090955)   #3287
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I see John, I see… But look, she is a whole I suspect and does not a half and a half of the first half make 75%? Anyway, thanks to you, have to recalculate, sounds way too much! Or may be is it Yorkies included?
Old 22 Dec 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4090956)   #3288
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
I see John, I see… But look, she is a whole I suspect and does not a half and a half of the first half make 75%? Anyway, thanks to you, have to recalculate, sounds way too much! Or may be is it Yorkies included?
Now you are mixing your units of measure!

A half + a half of a half is three-quarters..

Have another Scotch - it's nearly Christmas.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4090988)   #3289
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Got my booster today, the jab was just in out like that. Have to see how I feel tomorrow
Old 22 Dec 2021, 14:35 (Ref:4090990)   #3290
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Boosted Monday.
Sore arm through the night.
Felt aches and pains Tuesday, then a fever through the night.
All clear by Wednesday morning.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4091001)   #3291
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure about all these half and halfs, etc.

Woke up yesterday morning with weird feelings of vertigo - the whole world was wobbly......or so it seemed - very off-putting. Had a similar experience about 7 years ago. Spent most of the day laying in my recliner chair and dozing, until my partner (who was convinced I was having a TIA) managed by devious means to get me a doctors appointment, and my big sis came to drive me there.

Doctor confirmed no TIA and an ear infection related problem, prescribed some tablets which wouldn't cure it, but would make me feel better while my body healed itself.....which I said would do for now

So on a two-week course, which seem to be working - as I only feel semi-detached from the world now - but the dread words on the info sheet - "no alcohol"........so its a dry Xmas. Should lode some weight, I guess.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4091004)   #3292
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Not sure about all these half and halfs, etc.

Woke up yesterday morning with weird feelings of vertigo - the whole world was wobbly......or so it seemed - very off-putting. Had a similar experience about 7 years ago. Spent most of the day laying in my recliner chair and dozing, until my partner (who was convinced I was having a TIA) managed by devious means to get me a doctors appointment, and my big sis came to drive me there.

Doctor confirmed no TIA and an ear infection related problem, prescribed some tablets which wouldn't cure it, but would make me feel better while my body healed itself.....which I said would do for now

So on a two-week course, which seem to be working - as I only feel semi-detached from the world now - but the dread words on the info sheet - "no alcohol"........so its a dry Xmas. Should lode some weight, I guess.
I guess that's a typo in your last para, Richard!

Sorry to hear of your plight & hope you recover soon.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4091015)   #3293
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I cant read the label on the box of medecines tho! But I'll follow Richard's advice and stop the medication for a while waiting for new writings on the champagne bottle label saying its not medication compatible!

Merry Christmas you all, EB first!!
Old 23 Dec 2021, 06:24 (Ref:4091039)   #3294
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Done with stupid ol' Xmas songs? Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER0SjsSHk-Q Subsidiary question: what color eyes does she have…
Old 23 Dec 2021, 06:52 (Ref:4091043)   #3295
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't feel too bad the day after having the booster. My arm is a bit sore, but nothing too major. Also felt a bit of a headache, but it's not head splitting
Old 23 Dec 2021, 07:37 (Ref:4091046)   #3296
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Done with stupid ol' Xmas songs? Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER0SjsSHk-Q Subsidiary question: what color eyes does she have…
Eyes? Has she got eyes?
Old 23 Dec 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4091047)   #3297
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Above her legs I suppose…
Old 23 Dec 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4091060)   #3298
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really don't understand a lot of the posts on this page!

Anyway, time, I think, to wish everyone on here a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year before Jackie's relatives descend upon us tomorrow! See you on the other side!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 23 Dec 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4091067)   #3299
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This is to you all from my old sponsors, to get sponsored from a "demon drink" establishment was amazing !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbCuIyJmvJo
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Dec 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4091164)   #3300
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woke up this morning and checked the bank, to find my State Pension had not been paid in. Very odd, as I don't think I died, well no one has told me I have.

any other OAPs having this problem?

Nothing on the web about it, and I expect the helplines will be jammed at 9.30 this morning if I am not alone.

Cancel Christmas!!!