Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Dec 2018, 22:20 (Ref:3867737)   #1
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NEW CARDINIA CIRCUIT

There is a planned new race track called Cardinia near Pakenham south east of Melbourne.

It apparently is intended to take over from Sandown when that track closes

As usual it sees full of wide eyed optimism, catering for everthing below F1.

Does anyone know more about it?
Old 4 Dec 2018, 01:51 (Ref:3867757)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Apex Circuit Design is behind the planned circuit layout, a 3.7km track with apparent elevation for an overpass across a service road.

Apex’s resume includes Sydney Motorsport Park and the Seppang International Circuit, as well as some Rallycross tracks and street cicuits. It’s also behind a long-running proposal for a motorsport park at Avalon, Victoria.

“Our track layout design will be finalised by our automotive design consultants Apex Circuit Design, so the final track layout will be put through their simulation programs, designed to FIA Grade 2 and FIM Grade B and have multiple configurations available,” the Cardinia proposal spokesperson tells MOTOR.

As the name suggests, the complex is intended as both a motorsport precinct and a driver training centre, with the split expected to be about 50:50.
The NIMBY's are already putting in concerns regarding the potential for noise complaints.... to end or limit the track’s development.

Full details https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/new...rne-south-east
Old 4 Dec 2018, 02:34 (Ref:3867759)   #3
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While it's located on about 1.5 Km from the Freeway, it's also only another maybe 200 metres to the existing housing estates in that area, I'd be surprised if it ever goes ahead.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 05:57 (Ref:3867779)   #4
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice long 'straights'
Old 4 Dec 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3867844)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Nice long 'straights'
I thought that. Even the straights aren't straight. Probably fun for driving and lousy for racing.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3867950)   #6
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That article was from June, I know these things never move very quickly but I wondered if anyone has any updates?
Old 5 Dec 2018, 00:54 (Ref:3867965)   #7
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Here's some history: FROM August 2010

Quote:
By Jade Lawton LOCAL P-platers could undertake defensive driver training for as little as $50 when Pakenham gets its long-awaited motorsports facility. Speaking at a community meeting on Monday night, Pakenham Lions Club member Graham Cockerall urged the council to take action and start work on the centre, which was announced in 2006.
Old 5 Dec 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3867972)   #8
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
That article was from June, I know these things never move very quickly but I wondered if anyone has any updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Here's some history: FROM August 2010
I guess that answers your question champcar
Old 5 Dec 2018, 05:12 (Ref:3867982)   #9
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I shouldn’t start booking accommodation yet.....
Old 9 Jan 2019, 03:13 (Ref:3874866)   #10
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Here's the latest - make of it what you will...
Racetrack unveiled

Quote:
A full list of the inclusions:
• 3.6km FIA Grade 2/FIM Grade B race track.
• Drag straight.
• 1.4km FIA Rallycross Circuit.
• Pit building inc. car garages, corporate suites, education classrooms, medical centre and helipad.
• 50,000sqm+ of spectator viewing and grandstand areas.
• Driver Experience Centre including a skid pan, clean off road area, kick plate and lane change.
• Dynamic Area.
• Private trackside car storage garages.
• ISSF 50m indoor shooting range.
• Outdoor clay target range.
• 900m CIK Category A Karting Circuit.
• Trackside hotel including a restaurant and bar, function rooms, wellness centre and pool.
• Indoor and outdoor exhibition spaces.