Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Sep 2020, 20:57 (Ref:4007453)   #226
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Turks again complains about straight line speed , maybe a dig at TOCA for too low boost ?

wonder if "other cars" he means Infiniti
Hold the press - a BTCC driver has presented an excuse other than 'I didn't perform as well as everyone else' and it's noteworthy?!?!?!?!?

We've already heard most of the front runners give us a reason why everything is against them taking the title, you'd think there was a dose of pessimism given along with ballast.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:08 (Ref:4007457)   #227
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
This is the second time you have posted saying LGBTQI+ lifestyles are "wrong" and I'm not sure why no-one has called you out on it
Because it isn't worth fighting it on a forum where the end result is posts will be deleted. FWIW you are correct though.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4007458)   #228
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Hold the press - a BTCC driver has presented an excuse other than 'I didn't perform as well as everyone else' and it's noteworthy?!?!?!?!?

We've already heard most of the front runners give us a reason why everything is against them taking the title, you'd think there was a dose of pessimism given along with ballast.
For the first time in history we saw a FWD car outdrag a similarly starting RWD car though, so there must be something in it. s

Why would anyone want to run a RWD machine now when it seems the championship has it out for them?
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:30 (Ref:4007463)   #229
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This is the second time you have posted saying LGBTQI+ lifestyles are "wrong" and I'm not sure why no-one has called you out on it
You fail to pick up the point. The mainstream media BS of forcing minority groupings/interests down peoples throats was where my jibe was aimed. Don't accuse me of bigotry; assumption simply makes you look an ass.

I have absolutely nothing against Jade Edwards or Nic Hamilton. Women or black people.

Nic Hamilton, if you know him like I do, will know he is a very unassuming young man determined to overcome the challenges mother nature saddled on him. I have massive respect for him. Getting in and out of a road car used to be a major problem. That he can get in a race car and do a decent job is a major achievement.

I do not know Jade at all, but have nothing against her. As I posted earlier she did pretty good and I do hope she has more opportunities in the BTCC.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 05:52 (Ref:4007509)   #230
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You fail to pick up the point. The mainstream media BS of forcing minority groupings/interests down peoples throats was where my jibe was aimed. Don't accuse me of bigotry; assumption simply makes you look an ass.
look, again with my moderator hat on, codename_47 isn’t the ass here.

minority interests aren’t being shoved down your throat. nobody is telling you to be gay. nobody is telling you to be non binary. nobody is telling you to be black.

i’ve left your comments in place because i don’t believe in preventing people making idiots of themselves on the internet. but please bear in mind that the best way for people to understand you is to express your opinion and be open to debating it. not making a throw away bait comment on a touring car forum. we have an off-topic forum where you are welcome to post.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 06:40 (Ref:4007512)   #231
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For the first time in history we saw a FWD car outdrag a similarly starting RWD car though, so there must be something in it.
Are you referring to off the start-line, or out of corners?
Old 30 Sep 2020, 07:17 (Ref:4007514)   #232
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

minority interests aren’t being shoved down your throat. nobody is telling you to be gay. nobody is telling you to be non binary. nobody is telling you to be black.
Seeing white people on TV: Ok
Seeing black people on TV: Stop shoving black people down my throat!

Seeing straight people on TV: Ok
Seeing LGBTQ+ people on TV: Stop shoving sexual orientation down my throat!

Repeat for women and apparently gingers too.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 07:26 (Ref:4007517)   #233
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Seeing white people on TV: Ok
Seeing black people on TV: Stop shoving black people down my throat!

Seeing straight people on TV: Ok
Seeing LGBTQ+ people on TV: Stop shoving sexual orientation down my throat!

Repeat for women and apparently gingers too.
Surely that's OK for gingers though?

*jokes
Old 30 Sep 2020, 08:08 (Ref:4007531)   #234
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Old 30 Sep 2020, 13:50 (Ref:4007569)   #235
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Surely that's OK for gingers though?

*jokes
OI.

Pack that in.

Love,

Ex-Ginger (now mostly grey)
Old 30 Sep 2020, 15:29 (Ref:4007610)   #236
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off topic, but just remember it's Nov the 5th, love a ginger day. All fingers are people to you know.

Much love to all Gingers on 5th Nov.

On topic.

Everyone regardless of race, sexuality, disability or gender has an equal right to be on the grid.

None of that matters and people get too het up in pathetic griping over it, yes it is often hyped up these days and most people in those different groups don't tend to make the big drama out of it that the media and other people do these days.

Things were different many years ago, things are different now, that's the reality, people on balance I would say are much more tolerant these days of people who are different too them, but if they are on a crusade then people lose respect for them, not everything needs to be some major crusade.

Anyway Jade didn't do a bad job, given how thighs were stacked, little experience, new car and ballast and the Neate effect to name a few.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 17:44 (Ref:4007656)   #237
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Anyway Jade didn't do a bad job, given how thighs were stacked,
i can't tell if this is typo of the week or whether i should be giving you a boll.. telling off for saying she's got big thighs
Old 30 Sep 2020, 18:59 (Ref:4007669)   #238
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Off topic, but just remember it's Nov the 5th, love a ginger day. All fingers are people to you know.

Much love to all Gingers on 5th Nov.

On topic.

Everyone regardless of race, sexuality, disability or gender has an equal right to be on the grid.
I wholeheartedly agree.

You have made the ginger day thing up though, right?
Old 1 Oct 2020, 09:08 (Ref:4007751)   #239
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
According to today's Autosport, OJ has Morgan to thank for his first win. If Adam hadn't knocked Ollie's suspension in R1, OJ would likely have finished higher in R1 and R2 and then wouldn't have profited from the reverse grid...
Old 1 Oct 2020, 09:24 (Ref:4007753)   #240
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Are you referring to off the start-line, or out of corners?
I think from a standing start.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4007778)   #241
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems a lot of people are keen to misunderstand each other on this thread. I have nothing more to add but am confused by those who do frankly. I thought this was a thread about the BTCC weekend at Silverstone, surely other topics deserve other threads...?
Old 1 Oct 2020, 12:26 (Ref:4007780)   #242
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Seems a lot of people are keen to misunderstand each other on this thread.
It's not just this thread. There are a couple of members on this sub-forum who appear to exhibit a lot of signs of autism and then one other member in particular who regularly deconstructs their posts, seemingly with the only motivation being to antagonise.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 13:27 (Ref:4007786)   #243
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It's not just this thread. There are a couple of members on this sub-forum who appear to exhibit a lot of signs of autism and then one other member in particular who regularly deconstructs their posts, seemingly with the only motivation being to antagonise.
Jesus Christ.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 13:46 (Ref:4007790)   #244
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Jesus Christ.
I don't think he posts on this forum.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 13:59 (Ref:4007792)   #245
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
All well and good you saying that but I thought we were talking about the speed trap figures...

I finally found these figures amidst the TSL Timing data and at the risk of "exhibiting a lot of signs of autism", here are the comparisons of the speed between the BMWs and the Infinitis since that seems to be the point of contention. I've taken the Wellington Straight speed trap. Most of the newer shape Hondas were mighty quick all weekend, the new Fords were usually up there too.

Qualifying:
3 - Turkington (137.2mph)
7 - Oliphant (136.9mph)
15 - Sutton (135.5mph)
18 - Moffat (135.5mph)

R1:
10 - Moffat (137.2mph)
12 - Turkington (136.9mph)
13 - Sutton (136.9mph)
22 - Oliphant (136.3mph)

R2:
3 - Oliphant (138.9mph)
14 - Moffat (137.5mph)
19 - Turkington (136.6mph)
21 - Sutton (136.6mph)

R3:
5 - Sutton (138.6mph)
7 - Oliphant (138.0mph)
8 - Turkington (138.0mph)
9 - Moffat (137.7mph)

Hopefully this gives you a sense of whether the complaints about speed have any merit...
Old 1 Oct 2020, 14:02 (Ref:4007793)   #246
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I don't think he posts on this forum.
There have been several years where it looked like he was entering the BTCC though. I can think of lots of threads containing things like:

Quote:
Jesus Christ! In a Kia?
Old 1 Oct 2020, 14:05 (Ref:4007796)   #247
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All well and good you saying that but I thought we were talking about the speed trap figures...

Hopefully this gives you a sense of whether the complaints about speed have any merit...
You misunderstand me. The various differences between the different cars/drivetrains/etc on the grid is completely valid.

What is frustrating is the deliberate line of responses from certain posters that seems to be used purely to provoke other members. At which point we end up with page after page of "discussion" about whether something was correctly phrased or not.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 14:05 (Ref:4007797)   #248
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
There have been several years where it looked like he was entering the BTCC though. I can think of lots of threads containing things like:
My personal favourite was "Jesus Christ that Lexus is slow". Poor Jesus.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 15:36 (Ref:4007806)   #249
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
My personal favourite was "Jesus Christ that Lexus is slow". Poor Jesus.
Unfortunately having to take the disciples with him adds to the weight in the car.

Snow White also suffers though to a lesser degree.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 15:41 (Ref:4007807)   #250
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

I finally found these figures amidst the TSL Timing data and at the risk of "exhibiting a lot of signs of autism", here are the comparisons of the speed between the BMWs and the Infinitis since that seems to be the point of contention. I've taken the Wellington Straight speed trap. Most of the newer shape Hondas were mighty quick all weekend, the new Fords were usually up there too.

Qualifying:
3 - Turkington (137.2mph)
7 - Oliphant (136.9mph)
15 - Sutton (135.5mph)
18 - Moffat (135.5mph)

R1:
10 - Moffat (137.2mph)
12 - Turkington (136.9mph)
13 - Sutton (136.9mph)
22 - Oliphant (136.3mph)

R2:
3 - Oliphant (138.9mph)
14 - Moffat (137.5mph)
19 - Turkington (136.6mph)
21 - Sutton (136.6mph)

R3:
5 - Sutton (138.6mph)
7 - Oliphant (138.0mph)
8 - Turkington (138.0mph)
9 - Moffat (137.7mph)

It was these I was referring to when I said 'The speed trap figures show that, on the whole, there was not much between the BMWs and the Q50s over the weekend.'

For those who want to determine whether Turkington's complaints about lack of speed are justified, there are a couple of ways the figures can be interpreted.

Averaging out:
O-137.525
T-137.175
M-136.975
S-136.9

or

O&T-2.25
M&S-2.75

However you skin it, there is no real evidence that the BMW suffers in a straight line compared to the Q50.