Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jul 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4166695)   #1
snailpace85
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
snailpace85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mechanics Riding to Assembly Area

Is there some new rule banning people from riding in race cars? It's pretty normal for a mechanic to ride in the race car when going up to the assembly area, especially at Brands where it's a long way. I was shouted at and I mean SHOUTED at, not politely requested to get out of the car at Brands this weekend. My brother was driving moderately, no more than 10mph and we had been called to assembly. Other teams were doing the same thing and not called out. Just my bad luck as we went past this particular official. I can see why it might be regarded as unsafe but haven't seen anything banning the practice anywhere. Thoughts?
Old 4 Jul 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4166724)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a Clerk I wouldn't be getting excited.
What sort of car was it?
Old 13 Jul 2023, 22:22 (Ref:4168305)   #3
flagwaver2
Rookie

England
flagwaver2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
As a Clerk I wouldn't be getting excited.
What sort of car was it?
As a Clerk I would have hoped that you would have taken a slightly different view to the one expressed here. To be honest as a Clerk I would have hoped that without knowing the full details You would have kept your opinions to yourself.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 08:30 (Ref:4168344)   #4
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a brands official last year stop me taking our petrol golfcart through the tunnel towing a tyre rack/tool trailer, for reasons (''Because I said you can't''). He soon changed his mind when I politely informed him that I had the slave batteries for our three FF1600s on board and our cars couldn't leave assembly to take their grid positions without them.

Confusing as I'd had no problems for Qually, and neither did the team next to us.