Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Feb 2011, 23:18 (Ref:2836469)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Button May Run F1 @ Bathurst too!

Who will be quicker, Mr Lowndes or Mr Button?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Feb 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2836496)   #27
louonline
Racer

louonline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Button May Run F1 @ Bathurst too!

Who will be quicker, Mr Lowndes or Mr Button?
LOL if I was Mr. Button there's no way I'd leave the Mount without taking my F1 for a few laps around the mount!

I like this paragraph...
"It is expected that the F1 car will have no issues navigating its way around the 6.213km track, although driver caution may be needed at The Cutting and The Dipper."

Of course driver caution will be needed, as I've always have said, you drive to the condition, its the driver's SKILLS that make the track safe or unsafe.

And this...
"Event organisers are anticipating a huge turn out on the day, with a crowd of 10,000 people expected to converge on the event."

If they can get 10,000 to this stunt, imagine how many thousands they would get for a REAL race!

There is no doubt once Button gets a taste of the thrill of going around the Mount he will want to come back with the rest of the F1 teams to have a real go. [LOL that's what I'd like to think/dream anyway ]

Who will be fastest in the F1? I'll be diplomatic and say Button.
Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2836500)   #28
The Spy
Rookie

The Spy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Mr. Lou, what about our own boy, Webber.
By the way do you still have the Falcon from many years ago.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 04:11 (Ref:2836553)   #29
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
Come on Mr. Lou, what about our own boy, Webber.
By the way do you still have the Falcon from many years ago.
Spy, the question by GTRMagic was "Who will be quicker, Mr Lowndes or Mr Button?"................and I gave a diplomatic answer.

Of course I would welcome Webber (and anyone else) to have a go.

The Falcon went years ago, I couldn't afford the security so when a fellow made me an offer I sold it.

It now sits in a concrete bunker in Western Australia!
Old 25 Feb 2011, 05:11 (Ref:2836561)   #30
coney
Rookie

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
coney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be 5 Laps and the car will have no probs, Formula type cars have run at Bathurst all the time with supersprints and even this weekend with the NSW Hillclimb championships
Old 25 Feb 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2836579)   #31
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shame that 5 laps means you'll be watching it from pretty much the same spot the whole time. Or maybe go from Murrays to Hell Corner. That's about all the time you'll get to move. A bugger as I hoped to get pics from both the top and the bottom of the Mountain.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2836604)   #32
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
A shame that 5 laps means you'll be watching it from pretty much the same spot the whole time. Or maybe go from Murrays to Hell Corner. That's about all the time you'll get to move. A bugger as I hoped to get pics from both the top and the bottom of the Mountain.
If i wer you and had to make a dicision, I would go to the top of the Mount.

Even though they wont be yours, Id say there will be hundreds of shots of Murray's and Hell corner but a few good shots across Skyline and especially down through the Esses might prove to be more exciting.

Imagine a shot of them side by side down through the Esses!!!

And of course if Button is allowed to have a go in his F1, it'll take them an hour (according to the article link by GTRMagic) to reset it up for him after Lowdes gets out giving you time to come back down to Murrays to Hell Corner.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2836663)   #33
The Spy
Rookie

The Spy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by louonline View Post
Spy,

The Falcon went years ago, I couldn't afford the security so when a fellow made me an offer I sold it.

It now sits in a concrete bunker in Western Australia!

I still remember the day that Murrays Corner arrived sooner than was expected. A great piece of driving Lou.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2836681)   #34
louonline
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
I still remember the day that Murrays Corner arrived sooner than was expected. A great piece of driving Lou.
Yes, I remember it well too!

Poor old Linel B. gave me a wrong steer as to where the quarter finished and I was still hammering well past the timed quarter strip.

I reckon I must have gone into that corner deeper than Allen Moffat, its not a nice feeling when you feel the brake pedal fade away under your foot.

I think everyone expected me to limp down there on my second run but I think I shut them up when I clocked exactly the same speed as my first run.. 133.33MPH (214.57KPH) Not bad for an old 1971 unprepared road car

Anyway we obviously know each other and must be about the same "vintage", you better give me a clue who you are or contact me through my website, www.tankwaterlevel.com
Old 25 Feb 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2836739)   #35
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If i wer you and had to make a dicision, I would go to the top of the Mount.

Even though they wont be yours, Id say there will be hundreds of shots of Murray's and Hell corner but a few good shots across Skyline and especially down through the Esses might prove to be more exciting.

Imagine a shot of them side by side down through the Esses!!!

And of course if Button is allowed to have a go in his F1, it'll take them an hour (according to the article link by GTRMagic) to reset it up for him after Lowdes gets out giving you time to come back down to Murrays to Hell Corner.
I'm toying with a few ideas, still got a few weeks to plan.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2838341)   #36
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I saw the McLaren F1 being loaded into a transporter yesterday arfo at Cronulla's Shark Park.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2838740)   #37
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what was it doing there?
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2838744)   #38
alfacors
Veteran

Or was it the display car that gets shown at places like Top Gear Live...... rolling chassis only.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2838798)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Or was it the display car that gets shown at places like Top Gear Live...... rolling chassis only.
Sounds like it, the real car would be brought over much closer to the event, its probably getting prepped as we speak.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2838809)   #40
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Sounds like it, the real car would be brought over much closer to the event, its probably getting prepped as we speak.
The transporter is was getting loaded into, does only high quailty car moving, it could be here now for promo photo shoots for Vodafone, as they are spending plenty on this exercise. It was the real deal.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 2 Mar 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2838872)   #41
louonline
Racer

LOL, one minute they complain the the Mount is too dangerous/not safe, now they want to make it more exciting with artificial rain!

Why don't they bite the bullet and bring their circus to the Mount and get all the excitement they want with or without rain
"F1 boss wants fake rain for race 'suspense'

March 2, 2011 - 3:51PM
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone says creating artificial rain during races could liven up the championship.
Complaining that overtaking is difficult in dry conditions, Ecclestone says the "most exciting races (are) in the wet so let's think of making rain."
On F1's official website, Ecclestone added: "Why not let it 'rain' in the middle of a race? For 20 minutes or the last 10 laps? Maybe with a two-minute warning ahead of it."
Advertisement: Story continues below
Ecclestone says "suspense would be guaranteed and it would be the same for all."
In the interview Ecclestone also predicted women could be running the sport in five years, claiming that "they don't get trapped so easily in their own ego. Women don't have to play golf to make deals.""

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...302-1behu.html
Old 2 Mar 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2838889)   #42
prepel
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
prepel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alf

Hire a chopper and chase the cars around Bathurst. Best pics i know of.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2838912)   #43
alfacors
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
The transporter is was getting loaded into, does only high quailty car moving, it could be here now for promo photo shoots for Vodafone, as they are spending plenty on this exercise. It was the real deal.
I doubt they load the showcar chassis onto just any old tow truck for transporting. Promo shoots can easily be done with the display chassis. I'm betting it's the same one that was at Top Gear Live. Did it have the viking horn wings on the engine cover?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2839358)   #44
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LOL, one minute they complain the the Mount is too dangerous/not safe, now they want to make it more exciting with artificial rain!

Why don't they bite the bullet and bring their circus to the Mount and get all the excitement they want with or without rain
"F1 boss wants fake rain for race 'suspense'

March 2, 2011 - 3:51PM
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone says creating artificial rain during races could liven up the championship.
Complaining that overtaking is difficult in dry conditions, Ecclestone says the "most exciting races (are) in the wet so let's think of making rain."
On F1's official website, Ecclestone added: "Why not let it 'rain' in the middle of a race? For 20 minutes or the last 10 laps? Maybe with a two-minute warning ahead of it."
Advertisement: Story continues below
Ecclestone says "suspense would be guaranteed and it would be the same for all."
In the interview Ecclestone also predicted women could be running the sport in five years, claiming that "they don't get trapped so easily in their own ego. Women don't have to play golf to make deals.""

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...302-1behu.html
i think Bernie needs to checks himself into an "institution"
Old 5 Mar 2011, 05:43 (Ref:2840443)   #45
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massive irony in Vodafone conducting a PR exercise at a place that gets ****house Vodafone coverage...
Old 5 Mar 2011, 06:46 (Ref:2840453)   #46
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Massive irony in Vodafone conducting a PR exercise at a place that gets ****house Vodafone coverage...
Agree but I guess if they stuck with only using places with good skodafone coverage they'd have VERY limited choice!
Old 5 Mar 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2840513)   #47
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah good point.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2840769)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
meanwhile

Redbull are going to take an F1 car over the bolte bridge (major road in Melbourne) on the same weekend
Old 6 Mar 2011, 03:23 (Ref:2840881)   #49
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit of a me too, and one Mark has done before albeit at the far more iconic Sydney Harbour bridge, back in his Williams days.

Webber Williams F1 video - Sydney Harbour bridge run
Old 6 Mar 2011, 03:40 (Ref:2840884)   #50
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
meanwhile

Redbull are going to take an F1 car over the bolte bridge (major road in Melbourne) on the same weekend
Poor pottsie, he's probably going to end up with a speeding ticket.......