Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3257956)   #1
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa Summer Classic

I've not seen anthing about the Summer Classic at Spa over the weekend of 15th/16th June. This is a great meeting with a friendly club style approach. Jon and I are taking his GT6 and my TVR Grantura to run in the 2 45 min FISC races. There's also HSCC Guards, the Barry Sidery Smith race and CSCC Swinging Sixties plus F3 and FFord races so something for everyone.

Any other Ten Tenthers going this year?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3257970)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Yes - both my Midget engines are u/s (expensively) so I'm there with my son in the MG ZS in CSCC Inter-Series.
And FISCracer has the Marcos in NKHGT...
Old 5 Jun 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3258017)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
This is a great meeting with a friendly club style approach. Jon and I are taking his GT6 and my TVR Grantura to run in the 2 45 min FISC races. There's also HSCC Guards, the Barry Sidery Smith race and CSCC Swinging Sixties plus F3 and FFord races so something for everyone.

Any other Ten Tenthers going this year?
I think you'll find that the FISC and Barry Sidery race are the same race. It's all got a bit too expensive this year so I'm giving it a miss although I have an invite to do Barry's race at the 6 hour in September.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3258023)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think so Tim as FISC have 2 x 45 mins? Check out http://fisc-eurotour.org/ and I'm sure Pieter bakker will be here soon to put us straight

Sounds like a great weekend and I've just had to pass up the invitation to go as beer-monkey with someone. Pah! Ruddy work gets in the way of everything

I've had the Barry invite too but I'm car-less so I STILL won't make the 6 hour weekend. That's a real big "must do" on my calendar before I'm too old to enjoy it.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3258028)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Yes Max you are correct, my apologies although I'm not too sure why there's a picture of my car on this page when it's normally not eligible for the FISC series.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3258065)   #6
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi Everybody,

You'll find an overview of all the races and race-series @ http://www.roadbook.be/spasummerclassic/en/index.html

FISC Legendary Circuits does have a great offer. You're invited to visit our comfortable Paddock Club, which provides just everybody with an excellent opportunity to say ‘hello’, take a refreshment during the day and have a chat from 08:00-24:00. Drivers can even take one friend free of charge. You'll be out on the circuit 3x 45min's. And every driver gets a commemorative trophy on the Sunday. All offered at the usual rock bottom price, and in this case only 850€.

As a comparison, other series are offering 3x 30" at 700-750€. But don't forget, that by then you already have paid for your membership-fee ánd your registration-fee!

@ David, sorry about your engines, but do pop in for a drink and be sure to take Alex.

@ Tim, you'll recognize that there is a big diversity of cars in our race, which gives me the opportunity to accept cars, which normally don't fit our road sports format. So, if you would want a gridslot, you're in.

Have a look at my Spa Ardennes Classic page @ http://fisc-eurotour.org/race-calend...francorchamps/

Should you have any questions, just use the contact form at the bottom of the above link.

Cheers,

Old 5 Jun 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3258158)   #7
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A super race meeting, which is greatly enhanced this year by the inclusion of races for HSCC Guards Trophy and Classic F3 groups.

The Ardennes Challenge has always been a successful race for the Crosslé Racing Drivers' Club members, with back to back overall wins for 9S owners in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. It's our Blue Riband meeting and the annual reunion, both on track and socially, for Crosslé owners from Ireland, UK and Europe. This year our numbers are down a little, as a few of our Swiss owners are racing elsewhere, while some Irish friends are detained on family matters.

There is stiff competition this year for the overall places and CRDC awards. We also compete, for the first time, for the CRDC Perpetual Challenge Cup, which will be awarded to the fastest 9S on aggregate in our category over the two races. Hottest contender must be Arnie Black, still without a win at Spa, he also brings along his 7S for the Guards Trophy race.

Further details on the CRDC website:www.crossle-rdc.com

We will be in F1 pits 14/15/16/17 and will be delighted to welcome friends old and new and anyone else who fancies a visit and chat.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3258180)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Colin and me had this one down at the start of the year. The engine is comming out of E Type and along with a fair bit if work on the old girl after Snett 3 hour its just not possible.I had looked at comuting from Dijon but the 350 miles is just a bridge too far.
We have been before and its a great meeting so I can only wish you good luck.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3258213)   #9
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those going to Spa there are even more roadworks then last time.
They are resurfacing now between Gent and Brussels.
So whatever way you choose, be it Brussels or Lille-Mons: traffic jams are going to be very likely.
I may pop up on one of the days, not sure yet.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3258373)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
This meeting was great last year, and I'm sure it will be again.

As for traffice, we went E42 one way and E40 the other . . . . the traffic was fine, better than no roadworks anywhere on an English motorway . . . . we did travel outside rush hour however.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3258475)   #11
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
This meeting was great last year, and I'm sure it will be again.

As for traffice, we went E42 one way and E40 the other . . . . the traffic was fine, better than no roadworks anywhere on an English motorway . . . . we did travel outside rush hour however.
Better to look at it from the bright side. The weather is continuously improving at the moment, so I am very much looking forward to this event.

Will take some tests for the private testing sessions and hope to fully recover from my lack of speed at Zandvoort recently

Everybody enjoy your racing!

Old 6 Jun 2013, 18:25 (Ref:3258647)   #12
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm doing the F3 race in my ex Tommy Byrne RT3. Spa was a hoot in my historic FF1600, it should be mega in a F3
Old 6 Jun 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3258679)   #13
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you out there Dave.

As Smiffy says John and I are doing the two NKHTGT races - the Dutch FIA championship - in the Marcos as a shakedown for the 6 Hours. We'll be in the top half of the endurance pits with John's motorhome. Come and have a beer.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3258947)   #14
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a few familiar faces will be there then and if the weather is good even better! May take you up on that beer Richard!
Old 7 Jun 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3258991)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
ATM the forecast is showers Fri/Sat and light rain Sunday - so pretty good compared to previous years then!
Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3259992)   #16
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in my Elan (number 8) in the HSCC Guards Trophy race. I've rented a 6 bedroomed gite just 10 minutes from the circuit - still got one spare room if any one is struggling for accomodation.

Seems less entries than I would have expected.

Paul
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3264290)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Are there any results for this anywhere ?
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3264293)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
http://www.ris-timing.be/~circuit//s...2013/index.htm
Old 18 Jun 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3264472)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Test