Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2003, 04:47 (Ref:657569)   #1
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi to follow Surtees?

http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...7&language_id=

Now that's the character of a real champion. Gets to the top of his sport, wins for his favorite manufacturer for the sake of national pride, then looks for new challenges.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:46 (Ref:657603)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee for a moment there I thought you meant wait till his 60's to start a family!! Would be quality to see him switch, if only because it will give the others a chance on bikes. Wonder if Max can wait that long?
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:28 (Ref:657615)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yer....he has been talking about this for a quite a while on and off ...i think its a great idea and does show what a racer the guy is.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 08:40 (Ref:657654)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's something to aim for, but I don't take what Rossi has said seriously. He's still young now (around 22/23), will most likely be champion this year, will eventually move to Ducati and eventually win for them. By the time that's all done, he'll be too old to start working his way up the open-wheel ladder. And I don't think any team in their right mind would just give him an F1 seat.

This isn't the 1950s...
Old 10 Jul 2003, 08:43 (Ref:657657)   #5
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Wayne Gardner have similar aspirations? He is now racing in Japan Sportscars or retired.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 09:04 (Ref:657666)   #6
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Maybe he'll end up driving for the pranching horse like Surtees.Thats feasable,Rossi can certainally drive a bike,hes in a different league to the rest of the feild.No reason he can't jump in an F1 car and do it.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 10:34 (Ref:657737)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd lvoe to see him try a few minor-level races, for Honda, next year, concurrent with his MotoGP schedule, tos ee if he's got the appetite for it. then, after one year with Ducati, eprhaps alongside some more car races, he'll be 25, and could do CART or F3000 for a year or two before going into F1.

If he shows some speed, teams would lvoe to sign him up. He's a great character, a flambyant fiery competitor, with mroe personality than most F1 dirvers, to the point where watching him win in a processionc an be fun.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 19:15 (Ref:665732)   #8
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It would be nice to see him in f1 but how old is he
Old 19 Jul 2003, 19:27 (Ref:665738)   #9
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi is 24. It would be nice to see a "personality" in F1. At this point he is be best in MotoGP and riding the best bike. I can only assume Ducati will raise their game by next year and will be serious contenders. At this point they are already a threat for wins. Hopefully Nicky will get it together by then.

I would love to see him continue with Honda power. Honda has taken him to great heights in racing. Unforuntately that does not seem to be possible.

Last edited by neilap; 19 Jul 2003 at 19:28.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 19:59 (Ref:665755)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does he plan on having another go at rallying after his little faux pas last time in the British Rally?
Old 19 Jul 2003, 23:12 (Ref:665931)   #11
waspy
Rookie

waspy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he goes to F1 and is a success. He has more charisma in his little finger than the current F1 grid put together.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 04:21 (Ref:665997)   #12
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More charisma that Kimmi, that unheard of!!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:34 (Ref:666805)   #13
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surtees making the jump, and Rossi making the jump are two different things from different errars. Could Rossi be fast in an F1 car, sure, a racer is a racer, but to compete on a high level "F1 !" and having no karting experiance or auto racing expericance, that is another. I hope I'm wrong, it would be great to see, but I doubt it.

Several great racers came from motorcyles, off the the top of my head they are?

Surtees
Hailwood
Nuvalari
Depillier "spelling"

ect...
Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:50 (Ref:666813)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
And I don't think any team in their right mind would just give him an F1 seat.

This isn't the 1950s...
Minardi for one would leap at it -think of the publicity and sponsors it would bring in - It would make huge financial sense for any team to bring him in.

If he test an F1 car as planned and shows any kind of potential I think you will see him in F1.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 06:52 (Ref:666815)   #15
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by bcobbus
Surtees making the jump, and Rossi making the jump are two different things from different errars. Could Rossi be fast in an F1 car, sure, a racer is a racer, but to compete on a high level "F1 !" and having no karting experiance or auto racing expericance, that is another. I hope I'm wrong, it would be great to see, but I doubt it.

Several great racers came from motorcyles, off the the top of my head they are?

Surtees
Hailwood
Nuvalari
Depillier "spelling"

ect...
Dont forget Damon!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 07:04 (Ref:666827)   #16
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 21 Jul 2003, 09:30 (Ref:666898)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
Minardi for one would leap at it -think of the publicity and sponsors it would bring in - It would make huge financial sense for any team to bring him in.

Don't think that Rossi would jump at Minardi though
Old 21 Jul 2003, 10:19 (Ref:666922)   #18
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi certainly should jump at a Minardi chance! Get real - this is modern F1... the standards are leagues ahead of the 60s. Even Alex Yoong would be quicker and more competitive than an inexperienced Rossi.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 20:39 (Ref:667615)   #19
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does it work, if your fast you can be fast in anything?
the leap from bikes to cars is larger than ever!