Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Nov 2003, 15:08 (Ref:794086)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More technical musical chairs...

http://www.pitpass.com/news2/news.cfm?newsid=8043

The off season is busier with team personnel signings than driver ones. The latest, Ferrari's chief aerodynamicist Nicholas Tombazis moves to McLaren.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 15:36 (Ref:794116)   #2
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see how these changes of personel affect McLaren, Ferrari, Toyota and Renault
Old 25 Nov 2003, 15:50 (Ref:794137)   #3
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Iley's move was the crucial one as the Renault was lauded for its aero ability on long sweeping curves - Ferrari will now have the benefit of that knowledge. As has been discussed in another thread, with the loss of Iley and the determination to revert to a more conventional engine V angle,(and BAR's switch to Michelin) Renault may struggle.
Its also good for McLaren to bolster the aero department, but if Tombazis doesn't join until April, he will only show his worth on the 2005 Mp/4-20 or whatever they want to call it.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 16:25 (Ref:794171)   #4
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren will be at an advantage, especially with such a redical concept as the MP4-19 a good aerodynamicist could make all the difference.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 16:42 (Ref:794186)   #5
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
he's not joining until April!
Whats the point in that? now is the time that would make the difference! is he still contracted to Ferrari till then?
I assume that Ferrari wouldn't want him working on their new car!

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 25 Nov 2003 at 16:43.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 16:43 (Ref:794187)   #6
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
He is not joining until April because, as I mentioned in a previous thread, he is doing his year of military service. He is not working for Ferrari presently.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 17:02 (Ref:794222)   #7
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
He is not joining until April because, as I mentioned in a previous thread, he is doing his year of military service.
Thanks, i though people with cash could het around it?
Old 25 Nov 2003, 18:57 (Ref:794336)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great for the MAC.... i think the FERRARI has the best aero package though WILLIAMS are getting closer....
Old 25 Nov 2003, 19:45 (Ref:794370)   #9
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
Thanks, i though people with cash could het around it?
Maybe he really wanted to do it!
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:44 (Ref:794813)   #10
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren Sign Ferrari's Chief Aerodynamicist!!!!!!!!!!

Taken from Atlasf1.com

Quote:
McLaren announced today the appointment of Nicholas Tombazis as Chief Engineer Aerodynamic Development at McLaren Racing.

Tombazis was Ferrari's chief aerodynamicist and is highly regarded in the Formula One paddock. He will join McLaren in April 2004, working alongside Peter Prodromou, who remains as Head of Aerodynamics at McLaren, also reporting to the chief designer, Adrian Newey.

"We are pleased to take this opportunity to announce the continued strengthening of our technical team, with the appointment of Nicholas Tombazis as Chief Engineer Aerodynamic Development," said the team's manager Martin Whitmarsh.

Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:51 (Ref:794821)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent!
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:56 (Ref:794823)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are getting ready for Newey to retire I reckon.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:57 (Ref:794825)   #13
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic signing.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 10:29 (Ref:794845)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
threads merged, perfect copy
Old 26 Nov 2003, 11:32 (Ref:794917)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great deal for McLaren, but if he's not actually working for Ferrari, he has a little knowledge from Ferrari techs to add to McLaren.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 14:28 (Ref:795074)   #16
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost unavoidable move: having Ferrari hired the man from Renault, Tombazis had no chance but moving out, and McLaren is, from this point of view, the best available alternative.
Lets' wait nad see who will have earned more from this merry-go-round
Old 26 Nov 2003, 15:01 (Ref:795097)   #17
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ElScOrChO
Maybe he really wanted to do it!
Actually the service here in Greece can't be bought out unless extreme cases apply. 2 Greeks aero guys in McLaren huh?
Old 28 Nov 2003, 17:42 (Ref:797306)   #18
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps they have finally found someone who can sort the airflow out around DC's chin and get him winning!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 19:15 (Ref:797398)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hugh Hugh Hugh!! where are you?? keep posting some more man!!

and in answer to your comment about DC!! NAH!! no engineer can be THAT good....
Old 28 Nov 2003, 22:08 (Ref:797543)   #20
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just been far far too busy rushing round the country sorting out crack cocaine users (true). Nice to browse here though - but its more of a weekend thing.

Ooops - off thread.

Wonder which aero guys will be next to move ..... to Toyota?
Old 8 Dec 2003, 19:28 (Ref:806893)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The swings and round-a-bouts continue as ever. I would say that whilst it is tempting to blieve that these changes may suddnely alter things, I think it is tricky to consider such. Certainly recruiting of top people can make a difference, but that is often more due to making a more efficient network. What I mean is, the fact is that these teams are far bigger than any one individual.

It'll be interesting to see.