Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2610969)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just to change the subject and also we have not mentioned them yet on our new thread,I went on Race cars direct the other day and there was an MGB for sale for around £50.000.00, Whats all that about
Don't tell Terry, but If I get that much for it I'll bung him 40%. ;-)
Old 10 Jan 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2611036)   #102
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just to change the subject and also we have not mentioned them yet on our new thread,I went on Race cars direct the other day and there was an MGB for sale for around £50.000.00, Whats all that about

Its probably the pseudo works car Iain,if its the same one,it was on ebay,there was a mysterious jump on the price one day but it still didn't sell.Not really what it seems apparently.
40% Peter,I was going to accept 25
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2611078)   #103
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
That was a typo, it was actully 500 pounds
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2611099)   #104
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey am I stupin, unluck or is it the cold weather? First I cracked the inlet manifold, then the remote oil filter head now low and behold I have done the same bloody thing on me Malpassi Filter king!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2611125)   #105
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Did you get a "Bullworker" for Christmas Al ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jan 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2611132)   #106
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bullworker, blimey have you seen the size of me, dont want anymore beef!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2611169)   #107
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We all saw that all day breakfast you had at the Ace Al.I was impressed you were last in but first with the grub.Luvelly jubelly.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2611176)   #108
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah it was my new diet plan, eat it so fast it don't touch the sides!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2611179)   #109
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Blimey am I stupin, unluck or is it the cold weather? First I cracked the inlet manifold, then the remote oil filter head now low and behold I have done the same bloody thing on me Malpassi Filter king!
SOunds like an Episode of Terry and June!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:37 (Ref:2611363)   #110
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
WD40 Grant?????.
For cleaning and waterproofng. Safer than petrol or those chemical cleaning tanks.

Have you seen all the uses that WD40 is claimed to be good for? Heck, even gets impossible stains out of carpets apparently. Should be good for cleaning up afterwards even if you would not need it during the self-service.

http://www.wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

Notably ...

"Lubricates Mayo stands for smooth up and down movement during
surgery"

I'm not sure where you would use mayo during surgery but it sounds important for it to be able to move up and down freely.

There are also these;

"Helps clean bilge areas"

"Keeps table saw arbor from gumming up and sticking"

"Softens rubber O-ring"

"Loosens and penetrates rusted or stuck plumbing joints"

And finally, during recuperation when you are relaxing outdoors...

"Keeps tackle from freezing during ice fishing"

So, as you can see, a vital tool in the self surgery armoury.

Hope all goes well (or has gone well by the time you read this.)
Old 11 Jan 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2611465)   #111
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
theres nothing worse than frozen tackle

we're only on page 8 so probably best avoid full on inuendo for another few pages
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2611549)   #112
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Delta Update

Continuing the subject of tackle, I have just got a text message from Iain. He is out of the operation and waiting for his tea!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2611556)   #113
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
theres nothing worse than frozen tackle

we're only on page 8 so probably best avoid full on inuendo for another few pages
Inuendo? On the official US version of the 'Over 200 things you can do with WD40" list? Not possible.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2611557)   #114
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Continuing the subject of tackle, I have just got a text message from Iain. He is out of the operation and waiting for his tea!

Heck, that's quick. Maybe DIY was indeed and a option.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2611575)   #115
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If too many posts on the use/uses and attributes of WD40 causes JT to perhaps vent his wroth & blue pen upon us; just a suggestion perhaps Dow Corning's various gades silicone lubricants would provide an alternative discussion.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2611582)   #116
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
WD40 or other silicon type sprays are great for getting rid of "sticker" glue residue without affecting paint ! but are a menace if you want to paint over it without good preparation !
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2611599)   #117
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Last I heard from him was that he had been waiting for ages,I did remind him that the nurse's were probably very busy looking after ALL of the errrr,older patients.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2611705)   #118
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Back home boys didn't feel a thing the Doc said i was a perfect patient'Feel great but just going to watch "Le Mans" for the umpteenth time and get ready for stressed ECG on Thursday. Bugger i forgot to suggest the WD40 to him.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2611727)   #119
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to hear, Iain!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2611743)   #120
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Back home boys didn't feel a thing

I seem to remember one of my Mum's favourite comments was along the lines of "where there's no sense there's no feeling........"

Do you want us to tell you the result of "le Mans"?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2611755)   #121
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Glad it went OK Iain! Should have read this thread before posting on the other one- sounds like you are getting ECG done at the show?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2611772)   #122
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Glad your home Iain,despite the text you sent yesterday!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2611792)   #123
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well done Iain.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2611828)   #124
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Allways the same result;just the best motor racing film ever.I think im becomming obsessed with the film as i know all the dialog off by heart.Most peoples favorate is "racing is life every thing else is just waiting"Mine is Michael i want you drive flat out i want Porsche to win Le Mans".I was given tickets by the great John Wyer to the 1970 GP at Brands and was dissapointed when he said after i had asked the great man "are you going to the race Mr Wyer,no he said its all too noisy for me"
Old 11 Jan 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2611899)   #125
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Very glad to hear all went well Iain.

Be sure to be sensible about the rebuilding period, whatever it is. Slow in, fast out makes for more certain pace. Usually.
Closed Thread