Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2667580)   #1301
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yep going tomorrow.Yum Yum.
Truck up and running again Iain?
Old 6 Apr 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2667609)   #1302
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep going tomorrow.Yum Yum.
Dont forget the 'minumum weight' diet
Old 6 Apr 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2667724)   #1303
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Mrs Zef made splendid tea in our Camper whilst I thrashed the hell out of the car, trouble free, at Goodwood today, sun shined and finished up with a new PB 1:37.4
Old 6 Apr 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2667764)   #1304
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
But nothing beats the catering at Mallory, the best breakfast of any circuit?
Agreed!! Great fry ups, great atmosphere and its own little old lady that clears up the plates and chats to everyone. Its like a "proper" transport caf that no longer exists, no flounce just honest grub and a friendly atmosphere!
Old 6 Apr 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2667807)   #1305
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seconded! - And if you haven't got time to sit down for the full fry-up, they do a mean bacon and egg sandwich as well.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2667835)   #1306
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmmm baconn.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2667877)   #1307
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I thought that I would have a look at my slow worm habitat in my UK garden today only to be surprised to find this. I think its a salamander but I've no idea why it has suddenly appeared as we haven't had them before.
I would think that its been hibernating as its very slow to react but it is alive.
I did have a google but there are absolutely loads of different types and I couldn't find this particular species.
Attached Thumbnails
SAL.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Apr 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2667944)   #1308
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I thought that I would have a look at my slow worm habitat in my UK garden today only to be surprised to find this. I think its a salamander but I've no idea why it has suddenly appeared as we haven't had them before.
I would think that its been hibernating as its very slow to react but it is alive.
I did have a google but there are absolutely loads of different types and I couldn't find this particular species.

Are you sure it's not something you brought back from Spain unknowingly?
Old 6 Apr 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2667963)   #1309
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I trust you are joking Pete. I genuinely found it laying with the slow worms today that have come out of hibernation , they know the frosts have ended
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Apr 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2667978)   #1310
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Gordon,

It looks suspiciously like this one found on YouTube.

If it is, read the comment from the person who posted the video. You may not want to publically acknowledge that you have seen it.

The slow worms look great BTW.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2667988)   #1311
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
grantp I'm sure you're right. It would appear to be the female of the species.
I assumed it was a salamander as we have loads in Spain. I have lived in the country for over 60 years and have never seen one.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2668004)   #1312
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
grantp I'm sure you're right. It would appear to be the female of the species.
I assumed it was a salamander as we have loads in Spain. I have lived in the country for over 60 years and have never seen one.
Well, having read the comment for the video, if it were me I would still not have seen one .... if you get my drift. As a protected species people only have to suggest they exist and the world is forced to stop for miles around the suggested location whilst teams of amphibian enthusiasts are paid to go and look for them. They can cause more financial and travel disruption than Al-Qaida.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 05:21 (Ref:2668043)   #1313
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take your point Grant,but it is good to know these things exist.I used to catch them by the dozen when I was a kid,from the stream at the bottom of our garden. They were returned to their surroundings after a few minuits though.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 06:54 (Ref:2668060)   #1314
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not one of these,is it?
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100406...d-011ccfa.html

Last edited by Robyn Slater; 7 Apr 2010 at 06:57. Reason: link not working
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2668087)   #1315
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
I hope not as it'll eat everything including the cats !
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2668089)   #1316
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Forget bus passes. I had to pay £1.20 for cup of tea at Goodwood today.Wonder what the mark up that good lady makes.Bet its more than Delta Motor Sport made today.My driver was happy some how won the class.
The Aero club are almost parity with the truck, have a warm comfortable interior and fresh hot & cold food, plus a view of the airfield. No contest!
You can get 12/24 volt kettles! but you must remember to pack the sugar.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2668720)   #1317
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX View Post
The Aero club are almost parity with the truck, have a warm comfortable interior and fresh hot & cold food, plus a view of the airfield. No contest!
You can get 12/24 volt kettles! but you must remember to pack the sugar.
Thank you Jill. You are allways welcome for a cup of tea. FOC
Old 8 Apr 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2668886)   #1318
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Iain - really needed it at Silverstone. We definitely returned to the UK too early! Where are you this weekend?
Old 8 Apr 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2668899)   #1319
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Goodwood.Brands Hatch.Hockenheim and Cadwell. Dont ask.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Looking foward to Brands the most as ive been entrusted to drive the Elite with Michael.Very excited.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2668927)   #1320
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Goodwood.Brands Hatch.Hockenheim and Cadwell. Dont ask.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Looking foward to Brands the most as ive been entrusted to drive the Elite with Michael.Very excited.
I'll be joining you on Sunday - are you sharing the drive with Michael on both days? Perhaps we can have a rerun of our Dijon battle.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2669041)   #1321
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
MMMMMMMM... Brands . . .just entered a double header myself, it is the best circuit in England, have to wait until June though
Old 8 Apr 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2669047)   #1322
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Went to Pembrey in the van Grant.Mercedes said i should change the alternator as they thought there might not be enough power to boot up the gear selectors.The next suggestion was a broken wire in the loom so i have the cab pulled apart and the wiring loom but still no fix. Had enough now as Mrs Delta is threatening to divorce.Going home to have a rum and coke ."or two"
Reminds me of a good friend's introduction to historic racing. He failed to see the pit board showing "IN" as his engine made worse noises lap after lap and started spewing smoke etc out. Finally it all let go and he spun backwards into the gravel. He was towed in and explained to mechanics there had been a strange sound and for "quite a while" and then it went bang, locked up and he spun off. He claimed he hadn't seen the pit board. One of the mechanics, with much irony, looked at engine and said "perhaps its not too bad after all, seems the alternator just fell off". Friend looks more relaxed under the grilling.... Second mechanic with even more sarcasm says "Yes, just the alternator. It was knocked off by the piston as it came out of the block!!!"

Brilliant!
Old 9 Apr 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2669295)   #1323
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a mechanic for Tim, he's in his 'D' replicar , smashing car to drive but he wont let me anymore, dont know why .
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 9 Apr 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2669410)   #1324
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
smashing car to drive but he wont let me anymore, dont know why .
He's obviously getting sensible in his old age
Old 9 Apr 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2669528)   #1325
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes , old age is the word I was looking for.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Closed Thread