Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Apr 2016, 06:25 (Ref:3631636)   #651
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honda has built another GT400 car again. And one of them (ARTA car) is already broken.

Quintarelli text-book overtake on Caldarelli.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3631637)   #652
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The Michelins really work well in low temps - Ronnie has just lazered in on the back of Rossiter from some 7 seconds behind.

KeePer RC-F pits, Motul GT-R leads.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3631638)   #653
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliwa View Post
where I can watch it beside on BRZ Onboard Livestream?
vipleague.se in the motorsport section.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 06:43 (Ref:3631639)   #654
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Leon AMG in great position now. Jumped the VivaC 86 during the pit stop phase and should be comfortable from here.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 06:50 (Ref:3631640)   #655
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Looking good for the #1 as well, pulling away from #37 through traffic. They've both got a long way to go on this set though, so Hirakwa could still pull something special off like Chiyo is trying to do on Oshima right now!

Also, did anyone else hear someone opening a can of fizzy drink on the Japanese commentary feed?
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:14 (Ref:3631642)   #656
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post

Also, did anyone else hear someone opening a can of fizzy drink on the Japanese commentary feed?
here,coughing too
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3631643)   #657
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looks like Michelin has the long run pace advantage.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:29 (Ref:3631644)   #658
Beryl
Veteran

Quote:
Can't say I have. That's probably a product of the recurrent choppiness of my stream, occasionally freezing. This sort of thing is really making me long for a return of the relatively stable Youtube-based Nismo stream.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3631646)   #659
Baliwa
Racer

Baliwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
vipleague.se in the motorsport section.
I don't know what happen but I can't connect to their server
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3631647)   #660
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Track temps have been 0 degrees all race, it could be that the Mics are better suited to the low temperature than the Bridgestones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Can't say I have. That's probably a product of the recurrent choppiness of my stream, occasionally freezing. This sort of thing is really making me long for a return of the relatively stable Youtube-based Nismo stream.
I think it will be back in time for Fuji? I'll have to check RLM's Twitter feed again to be sure.

Edit - Comfortable wins for the Motul GT-R and LEON AMG. KeePer RC-F holds off S-Road GT-R for 2nd, GSR AMG finishes comfortably ahead of Studie M6.

Last edited by J Jay; 10 Apr 2016 at 07:43.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3631649)   #661
Beryl
Veteran

I think Quintarelli credited the Michelin tires in his post race interview.

Mercedes 1-2-4 in the AMG GT3's debut. If Gamou-Kurosawa can maintain this sort of pace, all three should be in the championship fight.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:52 (Ref:3631650)   #662
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
He definitely did, and he's not wrong - they were the tyres to have, also evidenced by the S-Road coming in 3rd.

Chiyo doesn't look to happy with the result though!
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:57 (Ref:3631651)   #663
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missed the race. Will it be uploaded somewhere at a later date?
Hope that Nismo tv will be back in time for the 2nd race
Old 10 Apr 2016, 08:18 (Ref:3631653)   #664
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes AMG GT almost dominated the GT300 class!

Meanwhile in GT500 class, it's sucks that Honda did worst than I thought in Okayama with ARTA crashing out!
Old 10 Apr 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3631673)   #665
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Sunday press conference Part 2
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/8962
-There is a plan to do an inter race at China/Guangzhou by GT300 (10 cars) and the pro class of Blancpain GT (10cars) in January or February 2017.
do they say they are going to take place in Airport of Guangzhou?
Old 10 Apr 2016, 10:18 (Ref:3631675)   #666
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with same bop and tyres, japanese GT300 drivers won't get a chance against european drivers like vanthoor, bleekemolen, buhk etc...
Old 10 Apr 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3631676)   #667
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it seems that the rule unification is still on-going, huh? On the other hand, are they gonna change the chassis structure to accommodate both FR and MR layouts? That's how Honda is facing when making the NSX GT-Concept car.

As for GT300, the VivaC 86 MC car almost had it if the team stick their guns until the end. Meanwhile, the Toyota Prius aren't doing well over the weekend. Still, can't wait to see if the JAF GT300 teams can improve against FIA GT3 cars in next month at Fuji Speedway!
Old 10 Apr 2016, 10:36 (Ref:3631677)   #668
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW, why super gt still sticks with gt500 and gt300 names?
with new 2L turbo, gt500 cars are in the range of 600hp, while gt3 cars in the range of 520-550hp
Old 10 Apr 2016, 10:38 (Ref:3631678)   #669
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head View Post
do they say they are going to take place in Airport of Guangzhou?
Yes. It is plans by Chinese promoter.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3631681)   #670
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
with same bop and tyres, japanese GT300 drivers won't get a chance against european drivers like vanthoor, bleekemolen, buhk etc...
So the BoP will obviously change. It will take more than a bit of wrangling, but unlike their relationships with ITR/ACO, JAF actually get responses from SRO so I would be much more confident that this could be sorted out.

I didn't see any specific mention of it in the article, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Japanese entries consist mostly of MC/GT300 cars, with perhaps one or two more reliable GT3 entries (Gainer, Leon, GSR, B-Max, Studie, etc.) to shore up the car count.

As for the legacy class names, that's probably it - nobody sees any urgent need to rename them as the reference to the power figures stopped a while ago.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3631708)   #671
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What we know so far from the Okayama race:
  • Nissan dominated the whole race, but they couldn't get a 1-2-3 finish, as there was a big gap between #46 S Road GT-R and #6 WAKO'S RC-F.
  • The #8 ARTA NSX was the only car to retire from the GT500 class.
  • The rest of all Hondas were so disappointingly slow in the race, and the #100 RAYBRIG NSX was the only car to secure the 10th place.
  • No GT300 cars have ever retired.
  • The race was LEON Racing's first ever victory as an entrant. Previously, they débuted in 2012 (I think).
  • The GT300 race results was with the German manufacturers: Mercedes, Mercedes, BMW, Mercedes. They went ahead of others as Ferrari, Toyota, Audi, Nissan and Lamborghini.

Let's get ready for the next race at Fuji on 4th May!
Old 10 Apr 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3631713)   #672
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Today, Kazuki Nakajima said in the J-sports broadcasting that because rolling resistance of Yokohama is low, it's not easy to overtake its user at straight line.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3631724)   #673
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not surprised after QLF. Hirakawa did his pole on his first timed lap, iirc, while the #1 and #46 were doing 2 or 3 timed laps to get to their best time.

I'm a little bit disapointed with Bridgestone. Michelin is commited to LMP1, P2(ok, this one very little), GTEs, WRC and now MotoGP(and this one has been a handfull in two ocasions, since the testings began). Bridgestone is only commited to SGT and Indycar.

Looks like #1 is going for the tittle again....

Not that Bridgestone was miles behind, but, you know, given Michelin's concerns with much more other series, one would expect Bridgestone to be performing a bit better.

Quote:
Track temps have been 0 degrees all race, it could be that the Mics are better suited to the low temperature than the Bridgestones.
Do you remember during the Sepang tests that Japanese Samurai posted that Michelins were better in Malaysia's heat?

So, when will Bridgestone step up, on mid-temps? I hope so.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3631733)   #674
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I'm a little bit disapointed with Bridgestone. Michelin is commited to LMP1, P2(ok, this one very little), GTEs, WRC and now MotoGP(and this one has been a handfull in two ocasions, since the testings began). Bridgestone is only commited to SGT and Indycar.

Not that Bridgestone was miles behind, but, you know, given Michelin's concerns with much more other series, one would expect Bridgestone to be performing a bit better.

Do you remember during the Sepang tests that Japanese Samurai posted that Michelins were better in Malaysia's heat?
Yeah, that does come to mind now you've reminded me of it. But what we have normally seen is that while the Michelins work better at extremes, neither they nor aren't too far away from each other. That's not what happened here, and I'm sure Bridgestone will be hard at work to turn things round for Fuji (although the RC-Fs are usually well suited to Fuji so we should see a more even race anyway).

I actually think that the performance disparity speaks more to just how seriously Michelin take their motorsport development rather than how much BS are off the boil. There's an excellent interview with their motorsport director Pascal Couasnon in this month's RCE* where he details that while exposure is obviously a key factor in supplying series, the opportunity for technology transfer and sheer competitive spirit are just as vital drivers in deciding where to tender.

*At this point I should just ask Sam for a retainer
Old 10 Apr 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3631757)   #675
TF110
Veteran

United States
Bridgestone used do motogp, so maybe another program on the horizon? We'll see how they respond. It could well be that Nissan put more work into the GTR (the factory car did win) than Toyota did the RC F. I wish they took the lmp1 program as seriously in terms of personnel and commitment.