Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3712546)   #526
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
... or maybe Bauble didn't read the small print that said 'Space reserved for Bauble'
...and will be kept for many years until needed'.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3712548)   #527
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Dilemma- how to dispose of the rather volatile cans in the pic! Just spent an hour cleaning out fridge after a 3rd went off....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0762.JPG  
Old 16 Feb 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3712562)   #528
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Dilemma- how to dispose of the rather volatile cans in the pic! Just spent an hour cleaning out fridge after a 3rd went off....
They should be fine (if a little flat) once defrosted Mike. (I can assure you that a bottle of Cava makes an even bigger mess when pooped into the freezer to cool down & then forgotten about!)
Old 16 Feb 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3712566)   #529
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
They should be fine (if a little flat) once defrosted Mike. (I can assure you that a bottle of Cava makes an even bigger mess when pooped into the freezer to cool down & then forgotten about!)

Pooping in your freezer??? I'm not surprised you've got a mess!
Old 16 Feb 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3712569)   #530
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'll ignore the typo as John has already spotted it!

It clicked when I got to open one of the expanded cans that the very fact they had increased in size reduced the pressure inside. The other not swollen cans were definitely full of fizz....... (Not 'fizz', but fizzy.... )
Old 16 Feb 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3712570)   #531
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Pooping in your freezer??? I'm not surprised you've got a mess!
OOps! Should have been a single 'o' and a double 'p'...
Old 16 Feb 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3712586)   #532
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont you think our Bauble just visited a… dead end ? Or may be he makes a professional use of some adverts and does that for a leaving… !
Old 16 Feb 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3712610)   #533
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It clicked when I got to open one of the expanded cans that the very fact they had increased in size reduced the pressure inside. The other not swollen cans were definitely full of fizz....... (Not 'fizz', but fizzy.... )
When you freeze anything in a can or bottle that's alcoholic in a conventional fridge it only freezes the water content, the only liquid that's not solid is neat alcohol so be warned !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3712620)   #534
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Dont you think our Bauble just visited a… dead end ? Or may be he makes a professional use of some adverts and does that for a leaving… !
I realise I am not the least bit popular on this site, but really jokes about my imminent demise are not so funny at my age

But never dismayed I give you another gem from Luton;

The Church that has a sign out side reading: 'All are Welcome' alongside another stating 'Parking for members only'
Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3712624)   #535
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now despite the ridicule and common abuse I suffer daily here, I offer, exclusively, to you chaps the following;

A copy of the Autosport Formula Ford Yearbook 1981. A supplement featuring cars, drivers etc. and with amongst others contenders a certain 21 year old Ayrton Senna.

I shall be at the POM on Saturday or Spring Start and can bring it along if anyone is interested. No money need to change hands to the right person.

Oh! It also carried an Ad for Delta Cars.

Hugs and kisses all round.

bauble.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3712644)   #536
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Now despite the ridicule and common abuse I suffer daily here, I offer, exclusively, to you chaps the following;

A copy of the Autosport Formula Ford Yearbook 1981. A supplement featuring cars, drivers etc. and with amongst others contenders a certain 21 year old Ayrton Senna.

I shall be at the POM on Saturday or Spring Start and can bring it along if anyone is interested. No money need to change hands to the right person.

Oh! It also carried an Ad for Delta Cars.

Hugs and kisses all round.

bauble.
Ahem! Did he not call himself Ayrton deSilva in those days? (Plus, was Karl De-Franlyn-Jones* racing a Duckhams sponsored Formula Ford around then too?)
*Later to be known more simply as Karl Jones
Old 16 Feb 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3712657)   #537
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of Gerries trainees.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3712773)   #538
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Just to let you all know that should the planned sale of GM Europe to the PSA Group go ahead I may be forced to visit Somerset House and change my name to (Citroen) VISA GT...
Old 17 Feb 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3712783)   #539
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Just to let you all know that should the planned sale of GM Europe to the PSA Group go ahead I may be forced to visit Somerset House and change my name to (Citroen) VISA GT...
Viva, you could consider also Saxo if you like music !
Old 17 Feb 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3712792)   #540
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Saxo or 106 rallye- excellent choice!

The possible buy out of GM Europe puzzled me last week when I first heard about it, then it was reported that the latest Vx/Opel crossover thing is actually a Peugeot 2008 underneath..... wonder if it is just those two brands, as thought GM owned Fiat as well nowadays?
Old 17 Feb 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3712793)   #541
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Saxo or 106 rallye- excellent choice!

The possible buy out of GM Europe puzzled me last week when I first heard about it, then it was reported that the latest Vx/Opel crossover thing is actually a Peugeot 2008 underneath..... wonder if it is just those two brands, as thought GM owned Fiat as well nowadays?
GM most certainly does not own Fiat, thankfully! That liaison died a long time ago, but not before Alfa created the 159 & Brera using GM components, which led to both cars being far too heavy.

Fiat did however subsequently take-over Chrysler, leading to the ignominy of Lancia's being badged as Chrysler in some markets, including the UK.

It's a tangled web!
Old 17 Feb 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3712795)   #542
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You could add some pepper to the topping mentioning that the Chinese (through the state and Dongfend) are already share holders in PSA group.
FIAT has always been fighting hard even and especially when in uncomfortable financial position. John, dont you think the actual Giulia Quadrifoglio reminds us the fantastic Lancia Thema 8.32?
Old 17 Feb 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3712797)   #543
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....Fiat did however subsequently take-over Chrysler, leading to the ignominy of Lancia's being badged as Chrysler in some markets, including the UK.....
And some Jeeps are actually Fiats! The little Jeep Renegade is a Fiat 500X and made in Italy I think.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3712799)   #544
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
And some Jeeps are actually Fiats! The little Jeep Renegade is a Fiat 500X and made in Italy I think.

You're right Gerard, according to L'Automobile 'Toutes Les Voitures Du Monde' the Renegade is built at Melfi, Italy.

Incidentally, that is a very useful bible - there was a time when I could identify every car on the road, but not any more.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3712800)   #545
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
You could add some pepper to the topping mentioning that the Chinese (through the state and Dongfend) are already share holders in PSA group.
FIAT has always been fighting hard even and especially when in uncomfortable financial position. John, dont you think the actual Giulia Quadrifoglio reminds us the fantastic Lancia Thema 8.32?
I hadn't thought about the Lancia Thema 8.32 connection but yes, you could have something there.

The new Giulia certainly looks good, not so sure about the Stelvio, especially since a friend told me that as far as he is concerned Stelvio is a Riley name!
Old 17 Feb 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3712805)   #546
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
You're right Gerard, according to L'Automobile 'Toutes Les Voitures Du Monde' the Renegade is built at Melfi, Italy.
Incidentally, that is a very useful bible - there was a time when I could identify every car on the road, but not any more.
Gary is right! We can add FIAT and Suzuki too…
I use to write for the TLVM printed by L'Auto Journal, very much "inspired" by La Revue Suisse you could have in the press kit of the Geneva show. A tough job when it comes to collect specifications about the US cars or domestic market Japanese ones.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3712806)   #547
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Gary is right! We can add FIAT and Suzuki too…
I use to write for the TLVM printed by L'Auto Journal, very much "inspired" by La Revue Suisse you could have in the press kit of the Geneva show. A tough job when it comes to collect specifications about the US cars or domestic market Japanese ones.
Sorry, got a bit muddled with yourself & Gary a couple of comments back.

Yes, the Fiat Idea & Suzuki something were the same car.

Creating specifications is a big enough nightmare at the factory - I did some of that work at Lotus before we had in-house computers.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3712819)   #548
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
GM most certainly does not own Fiat, thankfully!

Fiat did however subsequently take-over Chrysler, leading to the ignominy of Lancia's being badged as Chrysler in some markets, including the UK.

It's a tangled web!
My confusion- mixed up Chrysler and Chevrolet / GM!
Old 17 Feb 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3712840)   #549
bauble
Veteran

England
Yor doin my ead in.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3712842)   #550
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Yor doin my ead in.
It's workin' then!

As a Vauxhall stalwart, surely you must be concerned by the possibility of 'Les Francais' taking over?