Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Sep 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1400099)   #1
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
jjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kiwis suffer 1 week delayed coverage of sandown

I saw this and sent TVNZ a response, I got a automated repy I then replied to that and got this

Quote:
delayed one week due to it's finish time. we were going to play it
Sunday night but cannot due to an F1 GP that night which is a shame.

Thanks for your email.

Kind regards

Christine Wilton (nee Gilchrist)
Communications
2 years now they have delayed it, for what? the news.

I ask the kiwis and Ozzies to help change this
http://corporate.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_det...39-251,00.html

Place your response and maybe, just maybe they will listen.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1400107)   #2
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Marcos Skaife has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don`t hold your breath mate. I have lodged my protest for three years running and basically the upshot is they don`t care!! They (TVNZ) really don`t care. No body that has a remote interest in supercars over here actually knows that sandown is probably the second most important race on the calender . Oh well at least we get Bathurst all day !! Interesting to note they are showing the shootout on saturday for once!!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1400117)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
do what a million other kiwis have done. move to australia
Old 6 Sep 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1400133)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
U mean to join the queue at the gates of Sandown ? or the dole queue at Centrelink ?
Old 6 Sep 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1400178)   #5
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
U mean to join the queue at the gates of Sandown ? or the dole queue at Centrelink ?
Now that's just downright nasty JH
Old 6 Sep 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1400215)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah, you dont queue at sandown, you pre buy save $5 and walk straight through and get the loyalty points on your credit card, because in the past they dont have credit card facility at the track
Old 6 Sep 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1400288)   #7
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the voice of Nelson, from the simpson's,, HA HA......
one hellava life
Old 6 Sep 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1400411)   #8
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
Now that's just downright nasty JH
Old 6 Sep 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1400891)   #9
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884

Well actually we don`t have to come to Aussie to bludge anymore!! We can earn more in Aus doing 6 hours a day than we can in UN Zud doing 10 leaving us plenty of time for R&R. Just cause you see us lying around the beach doesn`t mean we havn`t been working!!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1400931)   #10
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say that we get a fairly good we get more Aussie races live than the Aussies do they pretape alot of it and call it live because it was recorded live dissapointing we have to wait a week I would even watch it late on the monday.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1400935)   #11
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck
I have to say that we get a fairly good we get more Aussie races live than the Aussies do they pretape alot of it and call it live because it was recorded live dissapointing we have to wait a week I would even watch it late on the monday.
This season has been a complete pain due to the showing of the second race after 11-00pm and then cutting it short because of the bloody F1. We used to get it good but when they went back to sprint races and changed the start times we lost it. Remember we got the first race at Oran Park pre recorded last year, then the second race live!!

Mind you I would complain about anything!!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1401175)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes you are right. Even the Old Sheila complains, which is good in a way - it means after two trips to Pukekohe, I have converted/created another new fan. In fact two new fans as her partner watches as well.

The 11pm thing is a joke and really it would be better if TVNZ would just abstain coverage until the following Sunday on Shell Helix. It would likely increase the viewership and be more valuable to sponsors and advertisers during the Shell Helix slot.

Although apparently, we have to be careful not to complain about TVNZ too much, or Bill Ralston might weild his axe.

Someone(s) on here speaks to David Turner reasonably often so could they please mention the timing of the last Supercar races on a Sunday night........! Thanks in advance
Old 7 Sep 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1401189)   #13
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd
I saw this and sent TVNZ a response, I got a automated repy I then replied to that and got this

2 years now they have delayed it, for what? the news.

Place your response and maybe, just maybe they will listen.
Yeah, same thing happens here in NSW, one week delay. The sooner they see the light and put all the Utes races on live the better.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1401308)   #14
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ralston will soon be goooorne and it's a case of better the devil you know I think. Personally, I like the second race at 11o/c. Gets it all bundled up together on the same week-end and I might fair burst if I had to wait the week knowing that TVNZ might burn down or lose the tape or something.

Sir David Turner is well aware too of the perceived shortcomings of our V8 Superdooper car coverage and loses much sleep in trying to get the very best of coverage for us. The Bathurst coverage last year was taken to the end of the race and the 'news' had to wait. Hopefully the same this year too and it IS strange that this weeks race is not given the same courtesy. I guess that all we can do is WRITE to them in great numbers letting them know our feelings but as I say, I am well pleased with the amount and the quality of the coverage we get from TVNZ. Still any more would be very gratefully received eh?
Oh, yup, Bazza's back from England...................
Old 7 Sep 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1401706)   #15
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say I like the 11 oclock showing I hate knowing a result when watching sport I think it is a creative way of getting us coverage with out delaying us until the next day or messing up the Oh so important news. I was part of the LK races and they had a time limit on them purely so the news wouldn't get interupted. The news is all powerful and unless some major companies are will to pay the same ad rate to see motorsport on TV instead of the highest rating show on TV.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1402206)   #16
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The One News is losing ratings hand over fist! Accordingly, the rate card ad charges are falling
Old 8 Sep 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1402334)   #17
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Firstly, I also have liked having the races at 11pm this year, it is great not to have to wait a week to see them!

Why can't they show the first 3 hours of the race at Sandown LIVE? the race starts at 3pm our time, right in the SHM timeslot - then show the last bit of the race (maybe another 45 mins, and edit out any safety cars etc) at 11pm before the F1?

This is obviously WAY too logical for TVNZ to understand - as when I sent them the email asking why they couldn't do it that way, I got the same standard corporate **** that JJD got - almost the same wording (from the same person), which just goes to prove they don't read beyond the first line of your feedback.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1403326)   #18
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy, good on yuh for trying. Ihave been in the same boat.no one cares . motor sport roks. Rob.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1416768)   #19
malrsq
Rookie

New Zealand
New Plymouth New Zealand
malrsq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bazz, so you came back to learn spik proper inglis agin bro. Welcome back. Did you pay excess baggage fees, or bring your own fork hoist back to lift the cases?
I know we all do a moan at programming, but guys/and Tracey, we are reasonably well spoilt for TV coverage of our sport, especially being free to ear/air?
Shell Helix provides us not too bad coverage of national events, I would like to see more NZ stuff than foreign, (Ozie is not foreign, they just appear that way), but we are better treated than many other sports is my point!
Old 26 Sep 2005, 14:51 (Ref:1416959)   #20
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey malrsq, you guys may speak funny, but you spell the same as us Aussies
Old 26 Sep 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1417352)   #21
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Don't get me wrong, I agree that we get great coverage of motorsport in general on Shell Helix Motorsport It just bugs me that we can't ever get better coverage of the Sandown race
Old 27 Sep 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1417747)   #22
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
may I say ONE day we may get the full coverage of sandown But when will that happen anyway congrads kerri you made my day with your remark what more can I say. Rob