Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Jul 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1656313)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Most random eBay auction item!

Chatting to bella who has just pointed out a couple of very random eBay auctions. It got me thinking - could make an interesting thread! So...

What is the most random item of motorsport memorabilia that you have spotted on eBay?

Please avoid posting details of general randomness - if you find a 747 for sale, for example, stick it on Parc Ferme

So I'll start with this:

Windscreen from 1997 BTCC Renault Laguna

I mean, who in gods name is gonna want that? Unless, of course, they have a BTCC car sat in their garage, and how many people have one of them?
Old 14 Jul 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1656329)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose he is hoping some yutz will want to put that on his road car.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 01:24 (Ref:1656612)   #3
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, the same type of people who collect bits of cars at race tracks i guess, bumpers etc. A friend of mine once took home a old racing car tyre from Blackbushe Kart Track because he thought it could have come from a formula car. People will take/buy anything if they really want it. Thats quite Cheap actually!
Old 15 Jul 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1656692)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I can kinda understand a door skin or even a bonnet, the kind of thing that you can screw to your garage wall, in fact it can be quite cool. But a windscreen?! Come on!
Old 15 Jul 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1656711)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I mean, who in gods name is gonna want that? Unless, of course, they have a BTCC car sat in their garage, and how many people have one of them?
If the current high (only) bidder is who I think he is, then he DOES have a BTCC Laguna sat in his garage. Or at least he did, I believe it's recently been sold. Maybe one final item to add to the spares package before the car gets shipped to New Zealand.

EDIT: Why is it listed under "Cars, Parts & Vehicles > Car Parts > Ford", that's even more random.

Last edited by redshoes; 15 Jul 2006 at 09:11.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1656717)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That's kinda the point though... why list it on eBay when you could contact the four or five or whatever people who actually own these things directly

Anyway... another random auction:

Alpinestars hand towel used by Noriyuki Haga in 2004

Wow, that's simply spectacular!

Last edited by Craig; 15 Jul 2006 at 09:35.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1656725)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
And how about this for a gem:

Formula 1 Paddock Club Serviette - bidding starts at a mere £14.99!!
Old 15 Jul 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1656881)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great a Haga hand towel....wow, I will bid on it and when I get it, I will suck the genuine Nori Haga sweat out of it.

Jesus!
Old 15 Jul 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1657110)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
You're going to be hard pressed to beat this one.

Unused 750MC ticket from May 2005
Old 15 Jul 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1657119)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am so going to bid on that!
Old 15 Jul 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1657133)   #11
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats a Tad random!

Last edited by beau1; 15 Jul 2006 at 21:50.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1657141)   #12
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Odd's on Betting and Gaming Magazine

Anyone wanna buy this?
Old 16 Jul 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1657750)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Inflatable Rusty Wallace Adult Chair

Genuine redneck quality!
Old 16 Jul 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1657760)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

With 4 cup holders! That's actually pretty cool
Old 16 Jul 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1657774)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oh,dear god... I have a horrible image of Nigel chilling out in that thing at Paddock Hill Bend now...
Old 16 Jul 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1657787)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

I didn't say I actually wanted it.

Going back to the Laguna windscreen, it would make a good front panel for a touring car themed custom display case.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1657793)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Cool idea! You could sit in your Rusty Wallace Adult Inflatable Chair and admire the collection. Like it
Old 17 Jul 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1658491)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Okay, how about this:

Jordan Hospitality Menu
Old 18 Jul 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1659164)   #19
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timing sheet from a practice session for the 1981 British Grand Prix.
Old 18 Jul 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1659182)   #20
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can have a couple of my unused 750MC tickets if you like?!

I have some old random stuff in a drawer somewhere on home, but wasn't going to sell it...!
Old 20 Jul 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1661028)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Suze seems to have killed that auction for the 750mc ticket. I hope the seller doesn't read this thread else he may be mad(der than he was when he thought some muppet would pay money for a used piece of paper)
Old 21 Jul 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1661365)   #22
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Twasn't me...! Found a couple last night when clearing out but chucked them now. Couple were unused!
Old 21 Jul 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1661437)   #23
redshoes
Veteran

That makes the one on eBay even more rare now. I'm tempted to put a bid in.
Old 22 Jul 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1662279)   #24
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
Timing sheet from a practice session for the 1981 British Grand Prix.
Thats pretty cool i think but not for a tenner.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1761958)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Fernando Alonso

*ahem*