Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Oct 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4077375)   #451
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I think those three are definitely the most likely contenders to be the next winner. My money would be on George Russell, as despite the rule changes I still expect Mercedes to be very competitive next season, and think Russell will be almost on the pace of Hamilton immediately, so I think he will win a race early next season. Lando Norris, though, has a very good chance as I also think McLaren will be very quick next season and think he has been the second-best driver this season after Verstappen. While he'd need a bit of luck, Norris could win one before the end of the season. Carlos Sainz would definitely be my third choice as the next winner. He is quick, but the championship standings flatter him at the moment as he has not been on the same level as Leclerc, so I don't see him winning a race soon unless Ferrari have the best car at multiple races next season.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4083435)   #452
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Sprint Series list is down to one.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4083827)   #453
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lewis is now a one plus 100 hit wonder!
Old 17 Nov 2021, 02:25 (Ref:4083927)   #454
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Paaah 101 hit wonder.
I will wait til he proves himself
Old 17 Nov 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4083944)   #455
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think those three are definitely the most likely contenders to be the next winner. My money would be on George Russell, as despite the rule changes I still expect Mercedes to be very competitive next season, and think Russell will be almost on the pace of Hamilton immediately, so I think he will win a race early next season. Lando Norris, though, has a very good chance as I also think McLaren will be very quick next season and think he has been the second-best driver this season after Verstappen. While he'd need a bit of luck, Norris could win one before the end of the season. Carlos Sainz would definitely be my third choice as the next winner. He is quick, but the championship standings flatter him at the moment as he has not been on the same level as Leclerc, so I don't see him winning a race soon unless Ferrari have the best car at multiple races next season.
I tend to agree with this summary. Looking at 2022 and those on the list, in order of who will 'graduate' from the list I would predict:
Gasly,
Ocon

In terms of who will 'graduate' to the list, in order of likeliness I would predict:
Russell,
Norris,
Sainz Jr.,
Stroll,
Tsunoda,
Latifi,
Albon,
Schumacher,
Mazepin
Old 4 Jul 2022, 09:19 (Ref:4118143)   #456
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Carlos Sainz, winner of the 2022 British Grand Prix.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 09:47 (Ref:4118148)   #457
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope that team orders don't keep him in this club for long.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4118152)   #458
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
I hope that team orders don't keep him in this club for long.
The pro-Leclerc faction are calling for robust team orders however, furious at the Spaniard's strategy being prioritised over the Monegasque yet again (just like at Monaco). So we will see.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 18:10 (Ref:4118357)   #459
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
of the drivers on the list, i dont think Sainz will remain on it for long. he seems to be finding his rhythm now and his confidence in the car, especially when talking to his team...he seems to be right about to take it to the next level!
Old 6 Jul 2022, 01:19 (Ref:4118382)   #460
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s really cool that Sainz won. Well done! Hope he’s not on the list for long.
Old 6 Jul 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4118392)   #461
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
After coming close in the past, he was going to grab this opportunity with both hands. I'm very pleased for Sainz, it's been coming for a while
Old 8 Jul 2022, 06:42 (Ref:4118627)   #462
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I think Carlos will have to cancel his membership of this club with a few months.
Old 8 Jul 2022, 07:00 (Ref:4118629)   #463
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Just for reference - the current drivers on the list are:

Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon
Carlos Sainz Jr.

Another thing I noticed while looking at the statistics, is that Sainz's win takes the total number of wins by Spanish drivers to 33. The Netherlands are close behind on 26 - all of which came from Max Verstappen.

Single-handedly, Max has a chance of overhauling Spain and USA (both on 33) before the season is over.
Old 8 Jul 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4118638)   #464
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the next current driver up with the highest number of Grands Prix without a win is Kevin Magnussen (130 events and 129 starts), followed by Lance Stroll (111 events and 110 starts).
Old 8 Jul 2022, 10:00 (Ref:4118641)   #465
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
And the next current driver up with the highest number of Grands Prix without a win is Kevin Magnussen (130 events and 129 starts), followed by Lance Stroll (111 events and 110 starts).
*cough* - Nico Hülkenberg competed this season, and has 184 events and 181 starts.

A Magnussen win would see Denmark's first entry on the F1 Gp Winners list.
As a nation - Poland and Venezuala are the only one-hit wonders at present.
Old 8 Jul 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4118642)   #466
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
*cough* - Nico Hülkenberg competed this season, and has 184 events and 181 starts.
When I considered whether or not to mention him, I thought of you responding for some reason.
Old 8 Jul 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4118644)   #467
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
When I considered whether or not to mention him, I thought of you responding for some reason.

Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4133527)   #468
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
A new member today....
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:29 (Ref:4133545)   #469
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Hard to believe it'll last long.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:43 (Ref:4133547)   #470
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4133588)   #471
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was pretty fiesty in the sprint race. Definitely "on it". So, great news although I haven't seen the race yet.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:33 (Ref:4133611)   #472
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He was pretty fiesty in the sprint race. Definitely "on it". So, great news although I haven't seen the race yet.
I had my doubts about him - probably just as well I don't run the Mercedes development programme!
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4133619)   #473
S griffin
Veteran

Gets his first win twice. One for the sprint race, one for the main race! So glad he's done it, deserves it for his years of struggle in the Williams and for his performances in a tricky Merc this year
Old 15 Nov 2022, 09:17 (Ref:4133809)   #474
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Russell!
I bet he didn't think it would take this long to get his first win on joining Mercedes.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 00:46 (Ref:4133899)   #475
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
He almost had it in 2020.