Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Dec 2018, 05:15 (Ref:3872182)   #276
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Many sincere apologies, all I found are poor things. I won't be pushy because I've to have my licence renewal but what a poor image we give from ourselves.
https://video-streaming.orange.fr/au...00000xi2E.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ2_a4jxetM

Key words are: Val de Vienne, Circuit du Vigean, video/ caméra embarquée

This one for Mike with Bike, before breakfast:
https://video-streaming.orange.fr/au...00000xj1d.html

Last edited by Gerard C; 24 Dec 2018 at 05:20.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3872197)   #277
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Moules have muscles though, how else would they open their doors?. Our local football club (Shoreham) founded in 1892 are nicknamed the musselmen. Having conceded 11 goals in the last 2 games I think more muscle is required.

On a Lighter note, anyone interested in these? Gordon sold them to me, but I can't get them to pair with my Cortinas operating system, I think they're metric ones.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0108.JPG  
Old 24 Dec 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3872207)   #278
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Red ones only. Black are Imperial…
Old 26 Dec 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3872414)   #279
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the information Gerard. I dont have any specific plans yet, but if i do drive down to stay with my mate, it would make sense (to me anyway) to plan the visit to coincide with a nice race meeting. Spectating for me only, i suspect.
Old 28 Dec 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3872836)   #280
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Recent email from Richard Culverhouse (Classic & Modern Motor Club).

"It does not seem a year ago that several people approached me to form a new Club. It certainly has been a very busy 12 months, starting with a stand at Race Retro where the Club was launched to the motorsport world. A formation of a working committee took place which gave representation of several groups associated with the Club.

By April we became MSA (now Motorsport UK) recognized and at the end of April we had our first race at the MGCC Brands Hatch Race meeting. A very successful Mallory Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival took place in early June followed by a combined race at the VSCC Donington later in the month whilst in September we ran a successful Snetterton event.

So that was 2018, so what of 2019? It’s going to be another exciting year and hopefully something for everyone. Remember we are trying to keep alive the ‘Spirit’ of Club motorsport. Do you have something tucked away in the back of the garage not suitable for any races out there now? Let me know, I sure it can race with the CMMC!!

Anyway, back to 2019. We have 4 major events for you and several invites. Our Race Meetings are as follows:
Snetterton (300) in conjunction with BRSCC on May 25th or 26th.
Mallory Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival on June 16th
Cadwell Park on July 28th
Lydden Hill on October 12th.

We also have several invites to other events at other Circuits especially Bentley Drivers Club on August 3rd at Silverstone and some more modern Race Meetings for our more ‘modern’ cars.

And talking of ‘modern’ cars, we are pleased to have on board 3 Series. These raced with us at Snetterton. Any CMMC member with a suitable car can race in these as a ‘guest’. For more details go to our website (soon to be updated) of www.cmmotorsportclub.com and click on ‘News’.

And finally, we are trying to put together a pre ’64 series for cars complying with FIA regs and are very hopeful we can announce that in the next couple of weeks. If you are interested do drop me a line.

Wishing you all a great and successful 2019.

Richard"
Old 29 Dec 2018, 05:35 (Ref:3872950)   #281
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvoort in May
Gents, I'm considering running my Group 2 BM at Zandvoort next May (with the Dutch YTCC Group)
I'd be interested in your comments re the circuit, the weather, facilities etc and is there accommodation nearby?

It might be too much of a trip given that we want to do Brands the following weekend and Thruxton after that.
Thanks in advance
Bill
Old 29 Dec 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3872978)   #282
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Great track - as most ex-F1 tracks are - decent paddock, plenty of electrical hookup, good pitboxes, friendly & helpful staff. Good hotel just opposite circuit main entrance, 5 minute walk from paddock. What's not to like?
Maybe the weather, as it's right next to the North Sea you can get alll 4 seasons in 1 day!
Old 29 Dec 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3872989)   #283
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
What's not to like?
Sand. Same situation at Albacete from memory. Improves after one or two Q sessions.
Old 29 Dec 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3872993)   #284
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember the wind was strong and kept blowing the sand across the track, but the track has been shortened since then so may not be such an issue.
Old 29 Dec 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3872994)   #285
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sure you're right, even though Zandvoort could be translated by "continuous sand". Its only an issue during the first laps of a racing weekend and certainly not a reason not to go to. As stated by MGDavid, a good place to race and a long beach to walk or bathe.
Old 29 Dec 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3872997)   #286
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other highlight was always combining racing with a visit to nearby Amsterdam now if only I could remember why
Old 29 Dec 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3872999)   #287
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Expensive things come with age. From one medicine - brain booster for example - you have to go for two, adding - man booster - for instance. Unfortunately, I can't afford any of those, going to Amsterdam for shopping purpose only. Do you call that "window shopping"?
Old 29 Dec 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3873006)   #288
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Expensive things come with age. From one medicine - brain booster for example - you have to go for two, adding - man booster - for instance. Unfortunately, I can't afford any of those, going to Amsterdam for shopping purpose only. Do you call that "window shopping"?
Indeed, wasn't that all we ever did?
Old 29 Dec 2018, 16:34 (Ref:3873011)   #289
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Indeed! May I say here its there we met the first time? Jolies chaussettes by the way…
Old 31 Dec 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3873329)   #290
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I think the calendar is pretty much there. If anyone finds errors or omissions, please post on here!
Old 31 Dec 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3873355)   #291
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just aquestion but will the HRDC be doing pistop races at Lydden Hill .Lydden for anyone that doesnt know doesnt have a pitlane.Only a shirt 200 meter little pull of road .
Old 1 Jan 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3873504)   #292
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I think the calendar is pretty much there. If anyone finds errors or omissions, please post on here!
Thanks for all your hard work Mike . Fingers crossed now something does not come along and mess the calendar up .
Old 2 Jan 2019, 06:11 (Ref:3873560)   #293
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thank you to all who have contributed Club dates and website links. A good team effort!

Last weekend in June has the worst ‘congestion’ as far as I can see. Historic meetings on Brands GP (HSCC), Magny-Cours (HVM + Masters), Spa Summer Classic (CSCC and others), Most (FJ Lurani), and Donington (VSCC + HRDC)....
Old 2 Jan 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3873677)   #294
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thanks for all your hard work Mike . Fingers crossed now something does not come along and mess the calendar up .
DON'T say that!😣😣
Old 2 Jan 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3873717)   #295
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It certainly helps me plan things from over here in Oz.
Cheers
Bill
Old 3 Jan 2019, 06:30 (Ref:3873746)   #296
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Glad it helps, Bill!

Equipe GTS and Equipe Pre ‘63 are plugged into various organisers meetings again, with their calendar here...

http://www.equipegts.uk/?page_id=14542

I’ll add them to the individual meetings in the next day to two.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3873780)   #297
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike - I've just been using your excellent calendar to double check my own schedule for next year and have found a couple of dates missing.

The Bentley Drivers Club annual meeting at Silverstone is on Saturday 3rd August.

The VSCC have their final meeting of the year on Saturday 21st September at Snetterton.

And although you have one of Richard Culverhouse's CMMC meetings listed, his latest email has 4 meetings planned - extract of his mail below:

Anyway, back to 2019. We have 4 major events for you and several invites. Our Race Meetings are as follows:
Snetterton (300) in conjunction with BRSCC on May 25th or 26th.
Mallory Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival on June 16th
Cadwell Park on July 28th
Lydden Hill on October 12th.

We also have several invites to other events at other Circuits especially Bentley Drivers Club on August 3rd at Silverstone and some more modern Race Meetings for our more ‘modern’ cars.

And talking of ‘modern’ cars, we are pleased to have on board 3 Series. These raced with us at Snetterton. Any CMMC member with a suitable car can race in these as a ‘guest’. For more details go to our website (soon to be updated) of www.cmmotorsportclub.com and click on ‘News’.

And finally, we are trying to put together a pre ’64 series for cars complying with FIA regs and are very hopeful we can announce that in the next couple of weeks.

Hope this helps
Old 3 Jan 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3873811)   #298
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Brian, appreciate someone taking the time to proof read.....

BDC was still a question mark when I looked, so that’s easy. The VSCC Sept date is marked as ‘VSCC Endurance’ and that confused me! Any ideas?

Richards dates were a bit vague in detail except for Mallory, but I’ll have a go at adding them.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3873813)   #299
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
......The VSCC Sept date is marked as ‘VSCC Endurance’ and that confused me! Any ideas?....
If it helps, the last I heard Mike was that it's to be a new event for the VSCC - teams of up to 6 cars and drivers in a 6-hour race. They've done shorter relays before but I'm not sure they've done one of this duration. A handicapped race I think.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 05:31 (Ref:3873870)   #300
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
If it helps, the last I heard Mike was that it's to be a new event for the VSCC - teams of up to 6 cars and drivers in a 6-hour race. They've done shorter relays before but I'm not sure they've done one of this duration. A handicapped race I think.
Thanks Gary!