Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 8 Mar 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3889239)   #2501
Philip Venables
Rookie

Australia
Philip Venables should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At PI, you don't see the Koalas, you go to see the fairy penguins!
Old 8 Mar 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3889240)   #2502
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possible x-word answer for you Iain, Lyons. Not a company but definitely a stylist in his spare time!
Old 8 Mar 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3889242)   #2503
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Venables View Post
At PI, you don't see the Koalas, you go to see the fairy penguins!

Are you still allowed to visit the penguins?

We had planned to do it but decided it would be much too late a finish to get back to Melbourne and then fly out very early in the morning.

Sadly stopping to see the koalas in the nearby sanctuary meant that PI was just closing by the time we got there.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 01:40 (Ref:3889265)   #2504
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Possible x-word answer for you Iain, Lyons. Not a company but definitely a stylist in his spare time!
That works . Thanks Colin . Crossword all done .
Old 9 Mar 2019, 01:41 (Ref:3889267)   #2505
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Are you still allowed to visit the penguins?

We had planned to do it but decided it would be much too late a finish to get back to Melbourne and then fly out very early in the morning.

Sadly stopping to see the koalas in the nearby sanctuary meant that PI was just closing by the time we got there.
I have no interest in seeing Penguins . I’m here to go motor racing . 😀
Old 9 Mar 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3889289)   #2506
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I have no interest in seeing Penguins . I’m here to go motor racing . 😀
And cycling! Spent another great day at PI with Iain. Beautiful weather with l clear skies. We had a post racing beer and then Iain rode off into the PI sunset. Been a brilliant weekend. Had to laugh when we went to get fuel... Iain went to pay and the machine and had a prob with it reading his card, so I ended up paying! But I got or am getting it back tomorrow.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3889291)   #2507
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Always fun with Iain. I'm really rather jealous.

Later in the year we have our own version of PI.

Anglesey!

I wonder if we will get PI type weather?

PS. Don't forget to go and see the koalas Iain!
Yes, really hope to go to HSCC Anglesey. Never been there - been to the island but not the circuit - and have always wanted. Got a soft spot for F Atlantic too.

Is it just coincidence that FA makes it's return on Britain's most westerly circuit?
Old 9 Mar 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3889292)   #2508
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
E.B. - The old ‘Mmm, doesn’t seem to recognise my card’ trick!

Just jesting....
Old 9 Mar 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3889308)   #2509
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And cycling! Spent another great day at PI with Iain. Beautiful weather with l clear skies. We had a post racing beer and then Iain rode off into the PI sunset. Been a brilliant weekend. Had to laugh when we went to get fuel... Iain went to pay and the machine and had a prob with it reading his card, so I ended up paying! But I got or am getting it back tomorrow.

You need petrol for a Bicycle?

Old 10 Mar 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3889440)   #2510
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting, but scary, goings-on at the Geneva Motor Show...... https://jalopnik.com/theres-somethin...yst-1833138071

(Racelogic make the Vbox data logger a lot of racers use, and the Boss himself races a Lightweight E and Falcon, amongst others.)
Old 10 Mar 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3889453)   #2511
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Interesting, but scary, goings-on at the Geneva Motor Show...... https://jalopnik.com/theres-somethin...yst-1833138071

(Racelogic make the Vbox data logger a lot of racers use, and the Boss himself races a Lightweight E and Falcon, amongst others.)
There is supposed to be a GPS problem coming up on April 6th,
https://www.gps-repeaters.com/blog/g...pril-6th-2019/
But how it will work out or why it might be early is anyones guess .
Old 10 Mar 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3889458)   #2512
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
There is supposed to be a GPS problem coming up on April 6th,
https://www.gps-repeaters.com/blog/g...pril-6th-2019/
But how it will work out or why it might be early is anyones guess .

This sounds just like another scare tactic just like the Year 2000 one 20 years ago, when it was being predicted or considered that everything would grind to a halt (and possibly planes crash out of the sky) at the stroke of midnight on 31st Dec 1999.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3889461)   #2513
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
This sounds just like another scare tactic just like the Year 2000 one 20 years ago, when it was being predicted or considered that everything would grind to a halt (and possibly planes crash out of the sky) at the stroke of midnight on 31st Dec 1999.
Yes, that was comical in the extreme!

The Geneva Show incident has been explained, but the question remains over who was responsible. As it was apparently illegal, I very much doubt if it was the makers of LabSat. Too much to lose.....
Old 11 Mar 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3889603)   #2514
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tesla are appearing to be doing a reverse ferret over their recent announcements about price reductions and showroom closures. It is now saying that it will only be closing about half of those previously announced, and that they will be actually increasing the price of their cars by about 3% except for the mid-range 3 series. The lower price 3s and the higher price 3s plus the S and X models will be increasing to partially pay for the showrooms to remain open.

I don't know if this was already being practised, but the company has said that it will not permitting test drives as they claim that their returns policy is so good that buyers can return the car within 7 days or 1,000 miles. And showroom staff will show customers how to buy the car using the clients' own phones - the staff will not complete the sale.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3889612)   #2515
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well they are still trying to break the market it seems. Seems though they can't get enough demand because they've come in the wrong time. Seems people aren't ready to get electric cars.

But I'm sure the intentions are well, even if some of their policies are unusual
Old 11 Mar 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3889623)   #2516
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well they are still trying to break the market it seems. Seems though they can't get enough demand because they've come in the wrong time. Seems people aren't ready to get electric cars.

But I'm sure the intentions are well, even if some of their policies are unusual
You’ve lost me there. Come in at the wrong time? Tesla’s problem is not being able to make the cars quick enough to fulfil orders, not lack of demand!

And as mentioned a while back, some manufacturers are holding back sales of EVs until 2020 in order to be able to offset the zero emissions against petrol and diesel models that will attract serious penalties from then on.

And regarding closing showrooms, they’re not the only manufacturer putting the emphasis on direct internet sales. TBH most people buying a Tesla will have already driven one, as they will have tried someone else’s! The returns policy again, is not special. I think it’s becoming more and more common for manufacturers to offer such terms in a bid to attract sales......
Old 11 Mar 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3889653)   #2517
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Steady on, some of us made a lot of money out of that
Old 11 Mar 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3889697)   #2518
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well there are good ways to make money and then they are quick ways
Old 11 Mar 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3889707)   #2519
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I had an afternoon to myself yesterday so caught the bus into Melbourne . All the F1 merchandise stalls are up and running at the train station. 70 dollars for a Mercedes cap . I then thought about walking up to the race track but could not resist burger and beer so turned around . 5 am and just starting journey home . I’ve bohght a puzzle book to pass the time so stand by .
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3889708)   #2520
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I had an afternoon to myself yesterday so caught the bus into Melbourne . All the F1 merchandise stalls are up and running at the train station. 70 dollars for a Mercedes cap . I then thought about walking up to the race track but could not resist burger and beer so turned around . 5 am and just starting journey home . I’ve bohght a puzzle book to pass the time so stand by .
Wishing you a safe and stress free trip Iain. Really enjoyed the time at PI. You are a top bloke! See ya next year!
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3889711)   #2521
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You’ve lost me there. Come in at the wrong time? Tesla’s problem is not being able to make the cars quick enough to fulfil orders, not lack of demand!

I saw an article showing hundreds of Tesla's parked up gathering dust because the can't sell them. So what's going on ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3889713)   #2522
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I saw an article showing hundreds of Tesla's parked up gathering dust because the can't sell them. So what's going on ?
Mmm, without a link to give some detail it’s difficult to comment! BUT there were car parks full of Model 3s in the USA recently waiting for delivery. The problem was moving them to the dealers, not looking for customers....

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/tesl...s-model-3-cars
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3889714)   #2523
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/comp...ars/ar-BBNR4C1
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3889715)   #2524
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well, you can interpret that any way you like, but it still sounds more like a logistics problem to me... Of course, Musk haters will interpret it differently....
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3889734)   #2525
S griffin
Veteran

Well it doesn’t sound good for the company to me. Some people though will always have the same opinion on him