Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3873889)   #126
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
April Showers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
...and how about something of Colin's exploits down-under?
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3873892)   #127
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Which tracks that Gordon?

As we're likely to be struggling for space, we could double up . . . . The 356 at LMC would cover JR/Mike and myself.
We already have a Cortina, and the banner in the background shows it is Murrays at Snet.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3873893)   #128
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, I’d like a pic of ‘the red car’ please and will find for you....
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3873896)   #129
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Bob, I’d like a pic of ‘the red car’ please and will find for you....
As the TT is the only race I can be sure you are at the wheel I have stuck with that, unless you mean the SLR? I have loads of pics of that but not sure it would be you driving.

Everyone else;

I need December, and would like to replace Tim's Yellow Peril' as it is not a good picture.

Hurry if you want to be in the final version I am anxious to get it published.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3873897)   #130
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
So with Gordon on January with a full frontal that leaves 8 spaces . We better have the Aston in somewhere John ..
Oh, someone did notice! Thanks, Iain. I'll just reiterate that I bought this because I could no longer afford to buy a house but it is the realisation of a dream. It's only taken 69 years!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1336SSJT.jpg  
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3873898)   #131
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spa R.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	52371 This is a very rare picture of me with my clothes on !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3873900)   #132
bauble
Veteran

England
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i5kfss9l9...9-A4.docx?dl=0

Attempt to post a link to preview.

Seems to work, so get those snaps in before final version. Thanks.

Last edited by bauble; 4 Jan 2019 at 10:00. Reason: Addition
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3873901)   #133
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice one, Gordon. I've got one of you and car at Snetterton somewhere - one of your last outings I think! Will have to hit my archived 'external' hard drive!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3873903)   #134
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Oh, someone did notice! Thanks, Iain. I'll just reiterate that I bought this because I could no longer afford to buy a house but it is the realisation of a dream. It's only taken 69 years!
I hope you enjoy it & drive it as intended, John!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3873904)   #135
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i5kfss9l9...9-A4.docx?dl=0

Attempt to post a link to preview.

Seems to work, so get those snaps in before final version. Thanks.
Looking good Baub! (I feel humbled to be included!)
Old 4 Jan 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3873905)   #136
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thanks, John. So far I've only driven from where I purchased it, about 150 miles. Surprisingly easy to drive and pretty tractable once you adapt to the instant throttle. The sound is to die for! Got it on a 2000 mile a year policy although am allowed to increase that with prior notice. Not expensive to insure.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3873906)   #137
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Attachment 52371 This is a very rare picture of me with my clothes on !
Will be used in final version Gordon. Thanks.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3873908)   #138
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, does look very good. Well done.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3873909)   #139
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Will be used in final version Gordon. Thanks.
Blimey baub, fame at last
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3873910)   #140
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Good for you . . . People have made pretty decent homes from Containers . . . . they're affordable!

Quote:
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3873911)   #141
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Seeing that great shot of Gordon got me searching and although not good enough for calendar, since I found them, I'll share the them. The first taken at Snet in 2006, and the next two at the same place a year later:-
Attached Thumbnails
Snetterton, 16 July, 2006 220MSJT.jpg   Snetterton, British GT, 3 June 2007 200MSJT.jpg   Snetterton, British GT, 3 June 2007 201MSJT.jpg  

Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3873912)   #142
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Good for you . . . People have made pretty decent homes from Containers . . . . they're affordable!
Haha, not quite reached that point yet Joe, but the car does indeed live in one until I find some better (and secure) garaging!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3873915)   #143
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Also at Snetterton, 2008. I'm getting an urge to start a thread for old racing photos!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3590MSJT.jpg   IMG_3615MSJT.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 4 Jan 2019 at 11:45.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3873916)   #144
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, I meant ‘the red car’ as opposed to the red +4!

This shot is my fav, taken at Jerez.....
Attached Thumbnails
6F4C4C60-1D50-46BB-8F84-D7FED3E1473B.jpeg  
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3873917)   #145
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
DB7 Vantage means it’s the V12 engine? They are very cool......
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3873918)   #146
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Looks great 👍👍.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3873932)   #147
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks, John. So far I've only driven from where I purchased it, about 150 miles. Surprisingly easy to drive and pretty tractable once you adapt to the instant throttle. The sound is to die for! Got it on a 2000 mile a year policy although am allowed to increase that with prior notice. Not expensive to insure.
I treated myself to an Aston Martin for Christmas too! I put my £10 Christmas bonus towards a Dinky Atlas DB5 Convertible, which even now is winging its way from China (or it may be lurking in that shipping container!)

All being well I shall be visiting the factory in May, only a day or two before my birthday, so you never know..........
Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3873933)   #148
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Talking of models, I’ve literally just had an email to advise that St Martins Models in Cecil Court, London WC2 is closing down. Likely means nothing to most people, but among diecast collectors it was well known. From memory the shop was previously in Covent Garden, but for the last 8 years has been run by DieCast Legends, in Cecil Court.

The world changes......
Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3873934)   #149
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
My thoughts entirely, especially the humbled bit.

Thanks Bob for a great effort and fine result. Must have been a sleepless night given it is only not much more than 24 hours since the plot was hatched. Much appreciated.

Last edited by E.B; 4 Jan 2019 at 13:30.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3873935)   #150
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Talking of models, I’ve literally just had an email to advise that St Martins Models in Cecil Court, London WC2 is closing down. Likely means nothing to most people, but among diecast collectors it was well known. From memory the shop was previously in Covent Garden, but for the last 8 years has been run by DieCast Legends, in Cecil Court.

The world changes......
Sad news - I used to be a regular customer. Don't think it was ever in Covent Garden, without going & finding a London street map, think it was always St Martin's Lane, a stones' throw from Trafalgar Square. It was run in those days by Ralph Avis (?), who I think raced a Mustang.
Closed Thread