Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 May 2016, 07:26 (Ref:3640265)   #1
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blancpain GT - Brands Hatch 2016

This was first of my two trips to Brands Hatch this year and I wasn't expecting much out of the weekend - other than chance to go out in the woods and flag for a couple of days.

It all turned out a lot different, but very much an enjoyable weekend!

Managed to leave Gaydon around 12:15 and managed to get to Brands in a little over 3 hours, with comfort breaks - almost a record quick time.

Got to sign on on Saturday morning and couldn't see my name on the flag list. It was on the I/O list (which is fine, I'm graded and if that's whats needed, I'll support it!). It had 4A against it too - holy crap! I'll admit now, this has been on my 20+ year bucket list to marshal.

What a fine weekend we had on post, it was a great, experienced, knowledgable team who showed openness and friendship to a newbie to their team. We had Clatterham drivers with us each day to get signatures on their race licences. I think we taught each other quite a bit over the weekend, and left with a better understanding of each others expectations at a race weekend.

I'm glad our assistant post chief got the blame for an uber quiet weekend - we had a couple of drivethroughs, and a single visitor in the last race of the weekend - proving an Aston Martin can drive through 90% of the Paddock gravel trap before being stopped

We got breakfast provided - which always improves my mood, although I think the Kentagon staff need a wee bit of customer care

Home at 10:30pm on a Sunday is the main reason we don't do more events at a fabulous track. See you GP weekend on the Indy Circuit!
Old 9 May 2016, 08:23 (Ref:3640272)   #2
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the company, it was a hellishly hot weekend and one of the quietest on record for 4a.
If only the mean streets of Pau can be as quiet, but I see rain is already forecast
Old 12 May 2016, 14:01 (Ref:3641137)   #3
Eljay
Rookie

England
Kent
Eljay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly can I just say I accept zero responsibility for the quiet day you experienced. I lay the blame for the lack of activity on the stuffed monkey that was installed on post.

However, I will agree it was a great weekend with a great team and a some rather lush cars to watch.

Great to meet you, still not sure about the monkey, and hope to see you again soon.

PS

Try Hailwoods for brekkie next time!
Old 20 May 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3643252)   #4
marshalchris
Rookie

marshalchris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself and the rest of #teamdruids was well pleased to push the lambo out of the gravel on the Sunday. I believe post 6 had more to do then 4a all weekend which is surprising

Chris Humphreys