Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 30 Aug 2003, 21:49 (Ref:703636)   #1
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Licensing

Hi,
anyone know how many signatures i need on my National B (novice) license until i can upgraded off novice plates? I so far have 5 all from Ellough Park Raceway but one person told me i need to race at a different track until i can get upgraded, however a competitor the other day said that is no longer needed. I tried to look it up in the blue book but it's useless cos nothing can be found there and it just sends you backwards and forwards to different sections of the book.

also, how many endorsments can i have until i can't race? I have 0 at the moment, however want to become more fierce, so, you know.....just need to know how fierce i can be
Old 30 Aug 2003, 22:23 (Ref:703663)   #2
superbird
Racer

superbird should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you don't have to go to more than one track any more so you can put red plates on.

you get a 30 day ban if you have 3 driving endoresements or three technical
Old 30 Aug 2003, 22:26 (Ref:703665)   #3
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And once the 30 days have gone you can keep on racing.?
Old 30 Aug 2003, 22:31 (Ref:703668)   #4
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
To get my license upgraded don't i need to fill in some form and send it and my license off to the MSA? Where can i get the documents needed?
Old 31 Aug 2003, 21:09 (Ref:704267)   #5
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You just leave the signatures on the 'B' and it is classed an'A'until you renew at the end of the year.
BTW there is no need to risk endorsement by being over aggressive in the search to see how good you are. Anyone who does is just not good enough!
Old 2 Sep 2003, 11:26 (Ref:705535)   #6
superbird
Racer

I think it's still a B when you have all the sigs, my dad had to upgrade to an A in the middle of the year as he wanted to race in an A grade event. If you don't want to race in anything big in 03 you dont have to upgrade though, just wait until Christmas. Forms should be downloadable from www.msauk.org
Old 2 Sep 2003, 14:52 (Ref:705746)   #7
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Thanks
Old 2 Sep 2003, 19:52 (Ref:706013)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speedy king I need to upgrade mine at some stage so will probably take in some winter races so I can try some long circuit rotax next year - have you seen them? standard gearing, 14 fronts and long rears, lots of slipstreaming.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 20:54 (Ref:706089)   #9
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I've heard about it. Apparently when they raced at i think Cadwell park the other year they touched 110mph on the straight!?!
Old 3 Sep 2003, 09:11 (Ref:706557)   #10
DSM
Veteran

On the licensing thing, I think we've gone astray. Speedy is talking about upgrading from a 'B' 'Restricted, i.e. Novice, to a 'B'. For that you can just leave the signatures on the restricted license until the end of the year but you can lose the novice plates.
A National 'B' is OK for 'A' events, at least for cars, but you have to gather signatures again and run with a novice 'x' on the car. Once you have the (10) signatures you can upgrade to 'A'. Again, I'm sure you can lose the'x' and use the 'B' with signatures.
It may be the same moving from Kart 'B' events to Kart 'A' events but i don't know for sure.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 09:25 (Ref:706581)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Complex but I get your drift... unfortunately my licence is a car race one... however I guess that would cover fme for taking my kart to a hillclimb like we are discussing on other forums, so thats good. I wonder if I have all my kart signatures on a race licence can I get a race b or do I have to get a kart b??
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:07 (Ref:706822)   #12
DSM
Veteran

It is a bit messy...and could well be totally wrong. Is there a difference between Kart and car other than you can race karts on National'B' without restriction but need the novice cross and signatures if it's a car?
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:29 (Ref:706838)   #13
superbird
Racer

Confusing or what?

It's different to cars in that you can't do a Kart A event on a Kart B license even if you were to put black (novice) plates on. I don't think we have the B Restricted license either. I dunno though, my dad and li'l bro got their licenses in the mid 90's.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 13:03 (Ref:706901)   #14
DSM
Veteran

RIGHT. it was all b.....ks!!
Start with a Kart 'B' as a novice. You can compete in kart'B' as 'fullplate' as long as you can prove you have done 6 races as a novice - i.e. you have the signatures. you don't need to renew your licence to be able to do so.
To move to Kart 'A' you need a Kart'B', have done 6 races as a'full plate' and then you have to get 4 signatures, again as a novice. Once you have them you can compete in Kart 'A'as a non-novice. Again you don't need to actually change your licence.
Cars are comletely different but the same! You have to get a Race'B' after doing ARDS test or partly avoiding that if you have full Kart' B'. You then need to collect signatures following which you can get a Race 'A'! You need to actually get your 'A' licence to do an 'A' meeting but can carry on with a 'B' and signatures for doing 'B's witnout the 'x'!
I hope this is right.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 14:53 (Ref:707017)   #15
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Can the six signatures include the one given for the test?
Old 3 Sep 2003, 16:26 (Ref:707110)   #16
DSM
Veteran

The ARKS test? Yes.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 20:37 (Ref:707434)   #17
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Yes, phew!
Old 4 Sep 2003, 10:43 (Ref:707897)   #18
superbird
Racer

Quote:
To move to Kart 'A' you need a Kart'B', have done 6 races as a'full plate' and then you have to get 4 signatures, again as a novice. Once you have them you can compete in Kart 'A'as a non-novice. Again you don't need to actually change your licence.
When did they bring this in???? I have never ever seen anyone on black plates in an O Plate, S1, Kartmasters, Champs/Stars
Old 4 Sep 2003, 10:50 (Ref:707904)   #19
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Herea another question - what do you do if you have lost your licence (i mean misplaced lost) and what happens to any signatures on it? Yes you've guessed it.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:39 (Ref:708093)   #20
superbird
Racer

I heard that you are ok if you can prove you did the meetings, ie with results sheets
Old 4 Sep 2003, 15:33 (Ref:708160)   #21
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally posted by superbird
When did they bring this in???? I have never ever seen anyone on black plates in an O Plate, S1, Kartmasters, Champs/Stars
No novices are allowed to enter those championships, you have to have enoygh signatures on your license to have a National A. You'll only tend to find novice plate drivers at club meetings
Old 4 Sep 2003, 16:27 (Ref:708193)   #22
DSM
Veteran

Superbird.As soon as you get your sigs. you change the novice plate for whatever colour a full one is. You are right in your next mail, you have to prove that you have completed 6 races successfully as a novice to run as a full plate. Of, course, a licence with signatures is ideal. I can't see how you would get any other 'proof'. Also, from what I remember, if you turn up without a licence you have to pay a deposit, returnable on presenting your licence within a certain time.
BTW I got the info from the Notes pages of licencing info on the MSA website.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 19:08 (Ref:708328)   #23
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
So i have 6 signatures but one is from the ARKS test so i ahve only done 5 races, so i can't be upgraded off novice yet?
Old 4 Sep 2003, 19:13 (Ref:708332)   #24
DSM
Veteran

Yes you can. The ARKS counts as one race, as it were.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 19:14 (Ref:708334)   #25
DSM
Veteran

In the same way, with cars, if you do a days Marshalling you can get a valid signature!