Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Mar 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3619031)   #1
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'58 TVR Grantura Climax 214 CLV

All, I recently acquired a 1958 Mk1 Grantura powered by a Climax engine, chassis 7/C/118. It was originally registered as 214 CLV but unfortunately the "plate" was allowed to expire and has subsequently been registered 546 YUP. I have very little history with the car, however given the Climax from new I believe it has probably seen a few race tracks in its time and was wondering if any of you guys and gals know anything about the car that you could share with me.
Thanks in advance, Ian.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 06:18 (Ref:3619183)   #2
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/serel/

Have a look here. You my find your car listed and can start from there.
Other than that the TVR car club archivist is Richard sails and I am sure he would check details of any info held on the car.
Ian Massey crosse is well known in TVR club circles and the racing world and he may be able to shed some light on the car.

Nice to see an old climax car hopefully going racing…

N.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 11:34 (Ref:3619243)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's there, registered to a G Peacock.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3619363)   #4
Burfs
Rookie

'58 TVR Grantura Climax 214 CLV

Thank you. I have contacted the TVRCC and apparently they have some data. The plan is to get it out racing again...watch this space!
Old 2 Mar 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3619366)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Food stuff.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3619368)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er "good".
Old 5 Mar 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3620150)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfs View Post
Thank you. I have contacted the TVRCC and apparently they have some data. The plan is to get it out racing again...watch this space!
Oooh ahh, when, when, when, Ian?

OK, I know it always takes 3 times longer than expected, but can't wait to see this one out.

FWA, presumably?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 6 Mar 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3620589)   #8
Burfs
Rookie

FWA indeed. Car is very nearly there. It will be out this year just not sure when....
Old 7 Mar 2016, 08:10 (Ref:3620801)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ihave a few in mind, and one in particular, toward end of July, if I can pull it off!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 7 Mar 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3620867)   #10
Burfs
Rookie

John, keep me posted!
Old 7 Mar 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3620905)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Will do, Ian