Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Mar 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4039952)   #176
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes but not permitted in the paddocks or pits areas. And I believe the numbers may be restricted.
Very much like how MSV operated last year when spectators were allowed in

https://msvstatic.com/documents/Spectators.pdf

And they did work very well from what I saw at all those I could get to.
Old 12 Mar 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4040060)   #177
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Spa Classic by PA officially cancelled.
Old 12 Mar 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4040061)   #178
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dix Mille Tours du Castellet 30 Apr/2 May

Confirmed. New for this meeting, the HTC grid will have a night practice and a one full hour night race added to the previous schedule. Consolation prize to the second race originally planed at Spa.
Old 12 Mar 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4040063)   #179
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Gérard, I will update the calendar shortly.
Old 14 Mar 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4040457)   #180
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Donington have confirmed spectators allowed for the Donington Historic Festival
Does anyone have a provisional timetable please? hoping to go on the Sunday.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4040511)   #181
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Grand Prix de France Historique, Le Castellet Circuit Paul Ricard 11/13 Juin, maintained on schedule ATM. Number of spectators allowed limited at 15 000 in total, tickets ordering open on 17 March. More than 70 F1's of all eras are expected. Clashes with Thruxton.
PS: Its not a joke… Well…
Old 15 Mar 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4040513)   #182
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Added to calendar. Also was the original date for Le Mans (Modern).
Old 15 Mar 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4040538)   #183
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New date for CSCC at Thruxton. . Now two days on May 1 and 2 in place of one day July 24th
Old 15 Mar 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4040539)   #184
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Clashes with Donington Historic Festival.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4040603)   #185
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
New date for CSCC at Thruxton. . Now two days on May 1 and 2 in place of one day July 24th

As well as this, I had noted in post #84 that CSCC were trying to re-arrange the postponed March Snetterton meeting - now to be run 14/15 August.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4040720)   #186
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Does anyone have a provisional timetable please? hoping to go on the Sunday.
I could do with an outline, at least as I can't book advance tickets without knowing what day to go.

Does any of the HTC with Dron entrants that are on Tenths know which day you are racing on please?
Old 16 Mar 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4040723)   #187
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
HTC and the Pall Mall Cup are running on the Sunday.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4040728)   #188
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
HTC and the Pall Mall Cup are running on the Sunday.
Great, thanks Pete
Old 16 Mar 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4040745)   #189
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Monaco GP Historique 23/25 April confirmed atm. The marshals have just been re-trained last weekend, specially about the use of new FE for ethanol fed engines.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4040757)   #190
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So what is situation with LMC as today’s rumours are not positive?
Is the marshal training at Monaco specifically for Historic's or all three events
GP, E and Historics?
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4040762)   #191
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Training at Monaco concerned almost five hundred people. Not only marshals then. They had a general training, "remise en forme", then a specific one for each type of risk, batteries and methanol for instance. https://acm.mc/a-la-une/un-week-end-...nds-prix-2021/
It wont be easy to make a thirty yards run holding a heavy FE and wearing a face mask… Just try in the stairs and you'll see its not a piece of cake!

LMC? No more worrying rumors ATM, my friends are up and running and keep their pistons busy. The main worry is about GPH de France, I fear…
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4040764)   #192
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Monaco GP Historique 23/25 April confirmed atm. The marshals have just been re-trained last weekend, specially about the use of new FE for ethanol fed engines.
Hehehe a friend of mine has just bought an ethanol fire place. Actually it is a fire-table. Hope he knows how to put it out if need be.

Back to Monaco hope there will be plenty of coverage/streams available and the event all goes ahead as planned. Always a great meeting to watch and on my bucket list to attend when we get back to normal whatever that might be.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:16 (Ref:4040768)   #193
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes, hope so too. Re the marshals, given the situation -in town, guard rails everywhere, narrow track- they really are excellent. OK, sometimes you can see a little incident with a crane…
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4040784)   #194
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
LMC on-line ticketing seems to be working: https://www.lemans.org/en/ticketing but could not find any specific info about virus situation i-e number of spectators allowed, if any, in the paddock area.
Two days old teaser: https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/a...ginality-54795

Last edited by Gerard C; 16 Mar 2021 at 11:48.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4040953)   #195
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My very good friend and tenths lurker has asked me to tell anyone who has tickets for this years Historic Monaco then if you are unsure about going you can carry tickets over to 2022 as long as you contact the <Monaco organizers.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 11:37 (Ref:4041175)   #196
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Training at Monaco concerned almost five hundred people. Not only marshals then. They had a general training, "remise en forme", then a specific one for each type of risk, batteries and methanol for instance. https://acm.mc/a-la-une/un-week-end-...nds-prix-2021/
It wont be easy to make a thirty yards run holding a heavy FE and wearing a face mask… Just try in the stairs and you'll see its not a piece of cake!

LMC? No more worrying rumors ATM, my friends are up and running and keep their pistons busy. The main worry is about GPH de France, I fear…
I had heard a something like John about LMC.

If GPH de France is under threat - what about PP Dijon?
Old 18 Mar 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4041214)   #197
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry, Will, I guess you're talking about Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or aka GPAO?

GPH de France first: a reliable source says it will be hard to hold it without foreign entries, meaning Masters. What can be done there without Brits? Not much I fear.

Last communication from PA dated 11/3 confirmed Le Castellet 30 Ap/2 May, GPAO Dijon 4/6 June with the return of Group C cars, Nogaro, Vallelunga and Estoril. Remember, on 24/2 most of those dates were TBC.
From the last lines of the 11/3 email you see more to come at the end of March, in your mother's tongue: The detailed program for the second part of the season will be unveiled within a fortnight.
Edit myself: LMC website still working.

Last edited by Gerard C; 18 Mar 2021 at 13:58.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 13:57 (Ref:4041217)   #198
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, Will, I guess you're talking about Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or aka GPAO?

GPH de France first: a reliable source says it will be hard to hold it without foreign entries, meaning Masters. What can be done there without Brits? Not much I fear.
Good to see that us Brits are still considered important for some activities in Europe!
Apologies, I know this isn’t the “Bell’s banter” thread.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4041220)   #199
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Serious Andy, most of the communication made by PA at least, mention the Brit venue and the importance of those entries. I agree that some organisers are a little bit shame in this matter! GPH with no Brits will look clubby IMO… May be next step will see Ch de France at Silverstone, Donny and Brands? Who knows!
Old 18 Mar 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4041263)   #200
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Wonderful corrector… are a little bit shame in this matter is not what I meant but "are a little bit shy"… Anyway, you got the picture, yes?