Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2021, 07:35 (Ref:4057277)   #351
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
By contrast, Schumacher brings only a smaller personal sponsor and perhaps some Ferrari discounts.
Don’t be silly. Smaller stickers don’t mean smaller money. Schumacher is bringing plenty of $€. Otherwise he wouldn’t be there.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4057278)   #352
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I think schu2 has been a bit of a let down so far this year. Everyone has (rightly) lambasted "Haasaspin" but schu2 hasnt really done much better with his own good share of offs and crashes and laptimes not much better and sometimes worse than the Spinna's
Old 20 Jun 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4057279)   #353
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Don’t be silly. Smaller stickers don’t mean smaller money. Schumacher is bringing plenty of $€. Otherwise he wouldn’t be there.
Agreed. Steiner has always openly admitted both drivers are there primarily for their "economic benefits" as he calls it.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4057304)   #354
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I think schu2 has been a bit of a let down so far this year. Everyone has (rightly) lambasted "Haasaspin" but schu2 hasnt really done much better with his own good share of offs and crashes and laptimes not much better and sometimes worse than the Spinna's
It's difficult to prove yourself in the worst car, but sadly all Schuey Jnr seems to be doing at the moment is damaging his reputation.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4057307)   #355
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's difficult to prove yourself in the worst car, but sadly all Schuey Jnr seems to be doing at the moment is damaging his reputation.
He’s a very polite and pleasant young man, but there really is no reputation to damage.
Old 26 Jun 2021, 02:35 (Ref:4058231)   #356
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I loved the comment in P2
"i hear netflix are doing a show about Mazepin"
"like drive to survive?"
"yeh its a spin off"
Old 26 Jun 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4058250)   #357
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Apparently they found out about Schumi's seat problem from his mum!
Old 26 Jun 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4058281)   #358
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Apparently they found out about Schumi's seat problem from his mum!
Haemorrhoids?
Old 26 Jun 2021, 11:37 (Ref:4058283)   #359
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Haemorrhoids?

I think that Mazepin gave him enough of those at Baku
Old 28 Jun 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4058741)   #360
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I loved the comment in P2
"i hear netflix are doing a show about Mazepin"
"like drive to survive?"
"yeh its a spin off"
What was it that you loved about that?
Old 28 Jun 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4058746)   #361
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I thought it was quite funny
Old 28 Jun 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4058752)   #362
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It was a pretty witty line.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 04:37 (Ref:4058771)   #363
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Let me say it slowly
It
Was
Funny
Old 29 Jun 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4058830)   #364
S griffin
Veteran

At least it shows he has a good sense of humour and can laugh at himself, which is more than I can say about some

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/66...g-man-steiner/
Old 29 Jun 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4058858)   #365
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
At least it shows he has a good sense of humour and can laugh at himself, which is more than I can say about some

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/66...g-man-steiner/
To be honest. Regardless of how he may personally feel about it, he really only had two options. Be gracious about it or not. While he seems to have accepted it with a smile on his face, I honestly think it was a bit in bad taste. But maybe he does have a real sense of humor, the team knows it and knew the "joke" would be OK with him.

It does maintain the story. And are fans laughing with him or at him?

Richard
Old 29 Jun 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4058893)   #366
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
To be honest. Regardless of how he may personally feel about it, he really only had two options. Be gracious about it or not. While he seems to have accepted it with a smile on his face, I honestly think it was a bit in bad taste. But maybe he does have a real sense of humor, the team knows it and knew the "joke" would be OK with him.

It does maintain the story. And are fans laughing with him or at him?

Richard
Definitely at him.
Along with commentators too it seems, though I didn't hear the 'spin off' joke that was mentioned before.

I can't be the only person getting a bit bored of the 'Mazespin' jokes?
Old 29 Jun 2021, 23:10 (Ref:4058943)   #367
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Definitely at him.
Along with commentators too it seems, though I didn't hear the 'spin off' joke that was mentioned before.

I can't be the only person getting a bit bored of the 'Mazespin' jokes?
Crashtor Maldonado, Andrea de Crasheris, Max Crashtappen, Hunt the Shunt.

Just about every era has one.

Good on Mazepin for having a laugh about it though.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 23:38 (Ref:4058945)   #368
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
To be honest. Regardless of how he may personally feel about it, he really only had two options. Be gracious about it or not. While he seems to have accepted it with a smile on his face, I honestly think it was a bit in bad taste.
I thought so too. And maybe a bit contrived?

Isn’t that F1 team wacky? Reminds me of the hilarity of those Ferrari red wigs. Crazy folk!
Old 30 Jun 2021, 01:44 (Ref:4058959)   #369
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I thought so too. And maybe a bit contrived?

Isn’t that F1 team wacky? Reminds me of the hilarity of those Ferrari red wigs. Crazy folk!
Gunther has all but admitted it was a PR stunt:

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...-haas/6621325/
Old 30 Jun 2021, 01:53 (Ref:4058962)   #370
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Gunther has all but admitted it was a PR stunt:

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...-haas/6621325/
Amazing.
Quote:
“I think it was decided to be a little bit funnier,” added Steiner. “We can be also funny here.
Witsters.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 04:09 (Ref:4058967)   #371
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Amazing.

Witsters.

I thought DTS showed how funny he was already!
Old 30 Jun 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4059018)   #372
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Let me say it slowly
It
Was
Funny
Think you meant 'let me write it slowly'!

Nah, think i'm seeing even less humour now chap.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4059141)   #373
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
f1 drivers choose to put themselves on the worlds stage

they purposely stand up and say "I am the best in the world, i can beat anybody"
if they succeed they get praise, riches, toys all the spoils.
If they do middling like most they get a good amount of respect
if they fail, well they get an equal amount - of ridicule

If they just wanted to enjoy driving fast and didnt think they were the best, they would compete in less public categories.

If i sing karaoke down the local, and im bloody horrible, oh well im just out enjoying myself, but if i go on TV's "got talent" show and I am as bad, i will get laughed off the stage.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4059203)   #374
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:

they purposely stand up and say "I am the best in the world, i can beat anybody"

If they just wanted to enjoy driving fast and didnt think they were the best, they would compete in less public categories.

If i sing karaoke down the local, and im bloody horrible, oh well im just out enjoying myself, but if i go on TV's "got talent" show and I am as bad, i will get laughed off the stage.

That pretty much sums up why so many aim for F1
Old 1 Jul 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4059217)   #375
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:

Fair comments all, agree with all of it.

If anyone is on a public stage they are in the spotlight and must accept all attention that goes with it, positive or negative.