Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:13 (Ref:748807)   #1
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Villeneuve situation because of Pollock?

If JV is to be put out forever . DO You think it's Pollock fault?
I think so because he came back on is dessision to stay with bar 2 years ago (i think 2y) it was Pollock that made him change idea on a boat trip and after that , Pollock went in america to play with the cart series and never took care of JV again.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:47 (Ref:748844)   #2
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard Ralf threw a TV out of a window after the Japanese GP...maybe he just got the news JV is replacing him next year?

Also Briatore had some nice words for JV at the race and said there may be more spots open to him in 2005 maybe even at Renault he said!
Weird I'm quite sure I heard him say JV was "slow" a few races back. Strange.

Anyways let's not write JV off yet there's a long off-season and anything can happen.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:45 (Ref:748885)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will these JV threads ever go away!?

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Oct 2003, 01:21 (Ref:748932)   #4
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 13 Oct 2003, 01:35 (Ref:748940)   #5
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Oh pipe down! If he's not in F1 next year you won't have to hear about him ever again!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 02:23 (Ref:748961)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Promise?

There are a number of things leading up to Suzuka. Clearly JV and Craig setup a sweetheart deal at BAR and JV went for it. Given the lack of pace (and other options at the time) of the Williams one can't blame him for taking a shot.

When it came to renewal time though, if there were other options on the table, and apart from this forum I've not seen evidence there were any serious offers, he should have taken them.

Timing is a double edged sword. His timing at Williams in 96 and 97 was fantastic, after that he got the other edge.

What his intentions were at BAR we don't know. If he was planning to us the "How to build a team" by Michael Schumacher book he should have read more than the first chapter. Michael made sure the right people were going with him, knowing a driver alone cant make a car go faster.

Added to this, JV (as blindingly fast as his was) was a racer, not a team leader. He never won the hearts and minds of his team, if anything he allienated them. Negativity does not motivate people. Even with Michaels worst results (Hungary for example) he does'nt finger point. JV (rightly or wrongly) could'nt wait to allocate blame.

He never had a competitive package, and while he cant solely be blamed for this (the team, Honda and even Bridgestone can wear some of it) he does share in the responsibility of its failure to deliver.

Great drivers are'nt just fast in great cars, the get the best out of whatever thay are in. Again a Michael specialty, and you can add Alonso, Webber and even Fisi to that list.

I think many of his fans like myself, departed as he became more focused on bad PR, and less driving results. After Jerez, the worst incedent in my F1 memeroy, I was a huge fan and hated Michael (like many I guess). But Michael got better after that, and JV got worse. We know it was'nt Michaels personality that changed such a strong opinion, is it possible it was Jacques?

If I were still a JV fan, I would try to forget his recent form, and remember the fast F1 champion he once was, and his incedible achievments in the US.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:53 (Ref:749392)   #7
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.planet-f1.com/Home/story_13400.shtml
If i got that link right...it's to a story about bar saying they were 'inspired' at suzuka because jaques was gone...OUCH
How bitter is that?!
Oh,and wrex,you said so many things so well!I too had forgotten that jaques had little future at a 'sleeping' williams anyway
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:10 (Ref:749418)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer

I'm with you on that, mate!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:31 (Ref:749469)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure that Jacques is now old enough to make his own decisions, and if Pollock has abandoned babysitting him, perhaps that will be his saving. I agree with the post above that Jacques probably had his head turned by the thought of making himself "the next Michael Schumacher" but he didn't read the book carefully enough -- although Michael treats his teammates like illegal aliens, he never trashes them in public and even gives praise now and then, which keeps them off balance and gives them hope. Jacques makes his teammates hate him and want to beat him just to make him look bad. And if his cars suffered more failures than his teammates, perhaps his attitude toward his crew was no better than that toward his teammates. Nobody will give best to a Boss from Hell.

About the sudden hints of room for Jacques, I would put that down to Bernie's self-confessed effort to find work for the little guy. Which once again has got to be humiliating for Jacques especially since Bernie also let it be known that nobody wanted him even for free ...

I'm afraid Jacques' book will have to be called "How to take a perfect set of circumstances and turn them into nothing."