Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 30 Jul 2006, 05:07 (Ref:1667548)   #1
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where does Dario go???

Does anyone have any info on Franchitti in 2007??? It seems there's so many possibilities -- Stay with AGR -- OWRS -- ALMS -- has anyone seen a spec article or rumor article on where he lands??? Bryan Herta said regarding himself in 2007 there would be an announcement in about three weeks -- Is it possible that Dario is considering moving away from AGR and then Herta would stay put??? Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited by Bluewolf; 30 Jul 2006 at 05:09.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 05:13 (Ref:1667551)   #2
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say to ALMS with Herta in AGR's new Honda team.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1667632)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems obvious...but I don't see why he'd want to do that. I'll stick my neck out and say he'd probably stay in single seaters, albeit maybe not with AGR.

Maybe a Penske/Rahal switch, or a top Champcar drive if one's going.

There's no official word yet though.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1667647)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd love to see him back in Champcar, but everyone seems to think it is ALMS.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1667731)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same here. He was one of my favourites in Champ Car. And he hasn't been the same since he switched to the IRL.

It looks as though he's going over to the ALMS with Bryan. I'd rather he went to the CCWS.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1668002)   #6
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't ever think Dario was 100% keen on the idea of racing in the IRL after AGR made the move

He has however proved that he can race well on the ovals but we all know that Dario is more of road racing man

A move back to champ car would suit him I think

That would leave AGR with Kanaan, Danica and Marco Andretti and there drivers because it seems certain that Herta will leave the series

Now, I heard a rumour from a good contact in the states that AGR will run four cars and there might be a certain Mr Meira being lined up to race the fourth car

watch this space............
Old 30 Jul 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1668013)   #7
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see why Franchitti and Herta would downgrade their racing abilities by going to the ALMS...maybe just to fill the spots in AGR's team there..?
Old 30 Jul 2006, 17:19 (Ref:1668020)   #8
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think AGR see Herta as a long term fixture in their IRL team and like I said above, I don't think Dario has ever been 100% comfortable in the IRL
Old 30 Jul 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1668195)   #9
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Herta is 38 and I think the idea of sports cars is appealing to him, especially when he gets to work on developping a well funded team.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1668330)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
I would say to ALMS with Herta in AGR's new Honda team.
Herta has already told AGR that he wants to be part of their ALMS program next year.

Dario is considering various options.

We don't know about Dario yet.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1668331)   #11
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdisque
Herta is 38 and I think the idea of sports cars is appealing to him, especially when he gets to work on developping a well funded team.
Actually Herta is 36 -- but even at that age - I think it's reasonable that the age factor may be in play regarding Herta leaving open wheel if that happens.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1668333)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Same here. He was one of my favourites in Champ Car. And he hasn't been the same since he switched to the IRL.

It looks as though he's going over to the ALMS with Bryan. I'd rather he went to the CCWS.

Unless he replaces someone at N-H or Forsythe, Dario would be wasting his time in CCWS, luke...

He'd be better off in IRL or ALMS with a team that wants him and likes him....

Old 31 Jul 2006, 05:11 (Ref:1668466)   #13
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my bet is that Dario will be an AGR journeyman next year, driving a 4th car for them at Indy and driving for them in the 24 Hrs (assuming they get invited (they probably will)) and a few other ALMS races and a few other IRL races.

Remember, assuming AGR gets invited to Le Mans next year, they'll need at least 1 extra driver and I assume that they'll find it in house. If the IRL is off that weekend, I expect that Marco would be one of them, but Dario would be a very safe pick. Marco will probably also drive at Sebring.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1668890)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I do not believe that any of the 3 Acura teams will enter the 24 hrs. of le Mans...I recall reading that from their announcement of the teams at Portland about 10 days ago.

But they will need 3 drivers for Sebring (St. Patrick's Day weekend in March) and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta (last weekend in Sept. or 1st weekend in October, depending in the Calendar)

Old 31 Jul 2006, 13:32 (Ref:1668908)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdawg727
I don't see why Franchitti and Herta would downgrade their racing abilities by going to the ALMS...maybe just to fill the spots in AGR's team there..?
Downgrade? Mosport versus Toronto? You're kidding, right?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 31 Jul 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1669028)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Downgrade? Mosport versus Toronto? You're kidding, right?
Exactly P-C. Reading through the posts, if nobody else had responded to that I was going to.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1669057)   #17
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
let's get Dario back into Champ Car so he can bring all his fans (and Ashley ) back to road racing...

I don't know if he ever really warmed up to running ovals...
Old 31 Jul 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1669063)   #18
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Gelles wants a Veteran racer for one of their Champ cars in 2007. Who better than Dario (yes that is just wishful thinking on my part)
Old 14 Aug 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1682471)   #19
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere, can rememebr where (maybe autosport) that Franchitti had his sights set on the Ganassi Nascar ride until Montoya poached it.
Maybe hes still lokkoing at other possible Nascar rides.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1682473)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Julian Jakobi, Montoya and Franchitti's manager, was negotiating the Ganassi NASCAR seat for Dario. Needless to say, Jakobi was not happy when the news broke!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1682487)   #21
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Julian Jakobi, Montoya and Franchitti's manager, was negotiating the Ganassi NASCAR seat for Dario. Needless to say, Jakobi was not happy when the news broke!
Bah! Managers. Gerhard Berger didnt need a manager.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1682496)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr. Judd rode the honda money train for 4 seasons with little to show for it. I don't think many team owners would be gagging to get their hands on him for the associated cost.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1682502)   #23
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I hope he runs in one of the Acura cars (AGR?) in the ALMS

Old 15 Aug 2006, 09:01 (Ref:1682980)   #24
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like hes heading to Acura with AGR, but I would love him to go back to where he belongs! Champcar! I remember whatching the Rockingham 500 in 2002 live on the BBC, that was the last timeI seen Dario drive a champcar. And I think this new Champcar will be brilliant, cant wait for Las Vegas!
Old 15 Aug 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1683183)   #25
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Mr. Judd rode the honda money train for 4 seasons with little to show for it. I don't think many team owners would be gagging to get their hands on him for the associated cost.
Because we all know that solid Champcar finishes, wins and runner up in the championship mean jack.