Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Oct 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1753101)   #76
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
they did do a parity adjust to the AU ,wont argue there, but it didnt give us parity did it. It just brought them closer It wasn't to 2003 that a parity adjustment occurred to the AU, but by then the main ford teams were running BA's and project Blueprint had occurred, so that was great for the development series, but really of minimal use to the main game
So it isn't a parity adjustment unless it makes Ford win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron
Lengthening of the undertray is better, I don't recall the AU undertray being shortened.
The VT undertray was shortened, and made a standard length at the same time I think. Longer is better, of course - so is softer tyres, less weight and more power

I didn't know it was claimed to be more effective, but the cheese-cutter also looked better on the AU, I think!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 23:58 (Ref:1753163)   #77
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
you pretty much nailed it there Rotorfan. for their to be parity Ford has to win, Holden has to win also. but when one make can go for a whole year without a win, there is a lack of parity. thats what happened in 2001/02 (prior to BA).

But i think you know that
Old 30 Oct 2006, 00:04 (Ref:1753167)   #78
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the HRT domination era brings back memories,i'm a holden fan and like holden to win but the HRT dominence was getting a slight bit boring.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 07:22 (Ref:1754112)   #79
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea I agree with PWR fan, its amazing looking back at the first half of the 2002 season and seeing HRT win the first 7 rounds of the year!!!

If Triple 8 or Toll HSV did that this year there would be some serious soul searching amongst the other teams! Just shows how dominate the HRT was during the Skaife/Bright era of 01' and 02'.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1754127)   #80
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm surprised, with Ford winning three consecutive championships, that Holden hasn't cried foul (unless I missed something)... Holden wins more than about 3 rounds in a row and the Ford blokes would be wanting more parity...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 31 Oct 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1754174)   #81
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
in one of those years holden won more rounds, last year ford won more rounds 7-6.

i forget 2003 , but it would be easy to find. SBR won 6 in a row though and they won at least two others
Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1754234)   #82
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I'm surprised, with Ford winning three consecutive championships, that Holden hasn't cried foul (unless I missed something)... Holden wins more than about 3 rounds in a row and the Ford blokes would be wanting more parity...
sore bloody losser's

us holden boys are gracious in defeat.

Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1754237)   #83
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
yes i noticed that graciousness at bathurst . NOT. many bitter people there that day
Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1754245)   #84
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i for one was quite happy for Lowndes to win if it was going to be a ford it would be Lowndes given the circumstances,if it had of been any other Ford i would have not been as gracious while i was on the Mountain.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1754312)   #85
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
you pretty much nailed it there Rotorfan. for their to be parity Ford has to win, Holden has to win also. but when one make can go for a whole year without a win, there is a lack of parity. thats what happened in 2001/02 (prior to BA).

But i think you know that
Well the Falcon AU was the more advanced road car, aerodynamically, less drag.

If Ford had got to run a proper new aero kit and were allowed proper suspension, it would've been very fast. Obviously the partiy-hobbled cheese-cutter undertray was a disgrace... yet Ford had two Bathursts in the bag, one with cheese-cutter undertray, apart from incidents by purposely unco-operative Holden backmarkers, with subsequent overheating from getting dirt in the intake in 99 and a outright front end damage from the contact in 00.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1755190)   #86
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=WebberForWDC]
If Ford had got to run a proper new aero kit and were allowed proper suspension, it would've been very fast. [QUOTE]

I don't remember this suspension issue being brought up before? Wasn't/isn't a double wishbone front end (that was run in the AU) superior to the McPherson strut set-up that Holden were using? And this is why Holden campaigned (successfully) to have the Ford suspension introduced with the VY?

I can't really remember either way, but I don't imagine it was anything in the rear suspension that you are referring to, as the AUs always had good rear grip, it was just the front that was lacking, thanks to the parity police making those interesting decisions regarding front downforce in the summer of 1999............
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.