Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Nov 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4084513)   #26
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Genuine question.

So apparently there are new pull down tests happening post qualifying. Has any team in history managed to lobby the FIA to change the Technical Directives mid race or without warning….

…if I remember correctly Red Bull had 2-3 races to sort their wing out.

Also does red bull get to fix their ‘damage’ pre test? I find it interesting their damage on the outside of the wings seems to be in the same place that they accuse Mercedes of flexing.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4084514)   #27
mglotus
Rookie

United States
mglotus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope that Verstappen wins.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4084515)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton just going faster and faster!
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4084516)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Scary punture for Gasly there.

Kerb broke his wing which puntured the tire?
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4084517)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pole for Lewis by almost half a second. Verstappen is the meat in the Mercedes sandwich.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:06 (Ref:4084518)   #31
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
OOF that’s some lap by Lewis
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4084519)   #32
mglotus
Rookie

United States
I just hope that the race is exciting tomorrow. I do think for a few of the races this year, the penalties and yellow flags, however controversial, made the race.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4084521)   #33
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the track is your typical Hermann Tilke crap, how thit that dude get millions to design such characterless boring crap is just astonishing
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4084523)   #34
mglotus
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
the track is your typical Hermann Tilke crap, how thit that dude get millions to design such characterless boring crap is just astonishing
Yeah huge runoff areas, lots of chicanes for slowing speeds.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:23 (Ref:4084524)   #35
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglotus View Post
Yeah huge runoff areas, lots of chicanes for slowing speeds.
it's full of medium and high speed corners no real passing opportunities
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4084525)   #36
mglotus
Rookie

United States
Quote:
it's full of medium and high speed corners no real passing opportunities
Aside from the stereotypical turn 1, yeah. Hey but next year's car design will fix that, right?!?
Old 20 Nov 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4084527)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Was Tilke involved with the design?

I could be wrong, but I thought it was designed by the the country’s motorcycling federation with input and approval by a MotoGP Safety Commission composed of Valentino Rossi, Sete Gibernau, Kenny Roberts Jr. and Nobuatsu Aoki?
Old 20 Nov 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4084528)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As far as I remember and could find, no he was not involved. It was designed first for, and by folks in, MotoGP racing and believe F1 is only the 3rd major 4 wheel series to use it after WTCC and GP2 Asia.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4084529)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

In the post qualifying interview Hamilton said he liked it.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4084530)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
In the post qualifying interview Hamilton said he liked it.
Yes - "This track is amazing to drive, it's incredibly fast, all medium and high-speed corners. It felt good.”

Plus:
Mick Schumacher
“It’s a fun track – I enjoy driving here and definitely night driving is something to get used to."

Nicholas Latifi
"Both the car and lap felt good today, and I really enjoyed driving this circuit; it was actually one of the most fun qualifying sessions of the year"
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4084531)   #41
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Max to the stewards for a yellow flag infringement….poss 5 place grid drop?
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4084532)   #42
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Slam dunk penalty for Max, surely?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Gy4HbICgA
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4084535)   #43
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

Yes, that looks like a penalty to me. Esteban Ocon and Lando Norris also improved on their final laptimes, so I would imagine they too would be investigated.

The highlight of that qualifying session for me was Crofty's brilliant stat about polesitters at new tracks since 2010 always becoming World Champion. So Lewis has now officially won this season's championship, and taken pole for the Saudi Arabian GP!

The three drivers who stood out for me in that session were Hamilton, Alonso and Gasly, all with excellent laps to take strong grid slots. I was also impressed with Norris, Sainz and Vettel. Meanwhile, Sergio Perez was the big surprise missing Q3 on soft tyres (although I chuckled at the kid with the Checo banner jumping and celebrating on TV moments after Perez had just been knocked out of qualifying). Ricciardo and particularly Leclerc were also strangely off the pace, with Leclerc on softs being a few tenths slower than Sainz, who made it to Q3 on mediums.
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4084537)   #44
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:

like the maFIA will penalize for real their golden boy

"for practical purposes any driver in a double yellow sector will have that lap time deleted" which AFAIk changes nothing as his next best lap time was still god enough for P2 ?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...-flag/6802819/
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4084538)   #45
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
I think after winggate and Brazil, if max isn’t penalised for this (along with any other drivers who infringed) the FIA would look plain embarrassing
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4084539)   #46
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Reports are coming in that Verstappen has been summoned to the stewards....
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4084540)   #47
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
I think after winggate and Brazil, if max isn’t penalised for this (along with any other drivers who infringed) the FIA would look plain embarrassing
the maFIA will claim that Gasly was well outside the racing line and leave the matter to die out, it's their MO
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4084541)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

"for practical purposes any driver in a double yellow sector will have that lap time deleted" which AFAIk changes nothing as his next best lap time was still god enough for P2 ?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...-flag/6802819/
That means the lap time is deleted automatically, but doesn't absolve the driver of having to slow down.

"Any driver passing through a double waved yellow marshalling sector must reduce speed significantly and be prepared to change direction or stop. In order for the stewards to be satisfied that any such driver has complied with these requirements it must be clear that he has not attempted to set a meaningful lap time"
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4084542)   #49
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I look forward to discussing the yellow flag incident constantly over the next 2 weeks.

How good is Gasly going around here. I really rate him. The path upwards is blocked and he would do well to let his RB contract run down so that he could move somewhere else (Alpine?).
Old 20 Nov 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4084543)   #50
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I look forward to discussing the yellow flag incident constantly over the next 2 weeks.
If the stewards have the balls to do something about it this week, there will be no need.