Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Jan 2002, 21:12 (Ref:203848)   #1
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toca2 spins

Remember Yvan Muller's off at Oulton Park this year, when James Thompson just managed to avoid him going down the Avenue? Well, that reminded me of myself on TOCA 2 when I'm chasing somebody too hard and as a result, spin off. I always seem to go off at Druids at Oulton, or Sunny at Croft. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Old 24 Jan 2002, 21:24 (Ref:203859)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always used to find the handling on that game very unpredictable. You'd take a corner fine one lap, do exactly the same thing on the next lap and find yourself facing the other way . Very frustrating. Turn 1 at Oulton Park was a classic for that.
Old 24 Jan 2002, 22:16 (Ref:203887)   #3
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Yeah I agree. Hit the kerbs too hard on the inside and you'll be in trouble.
Old 25 Jan 2002, 15:21 (Ref:204237)   #4
Owy's No1 Fan!
Rookie

Owy's No1 Fan! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Approaching McLeans at Donny is also a toughie. You have to watch that bump in the track as you come up to it, or it can throw you offline.
Old 25 Jan 2002, 18:01 (Ref:204326)   #5
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Owy's No1 Fan!
Approaching McLeans at Donny is also a toughie. You have to watch that bump in the track as you come up to it, or it can throw you offline.
Yes, I agree. It's a pain that they put that bump in the middle of the road. I run wide a lot there, as my Peugeot's suspension can't handle the bump!
Old 27 Jan 2002, 11:58 (Ref:205186)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Knockhill in the rain in round 19 & 20 is a bit tricky. You can get round one of the corners fine one lap then go round the same way next lap the same way and go off.

Also, the other cars seem to be very quick at round one & two, but their performance drops off and picks up at different tracks, but the AI at Thruxten for the first meeting is about the hardest it gets, the competition at the Foggy Thruxten rounds 17 & 18 are a joke.

And on the approach to Russell chicane at Snetterton you don't want to be infront of a pack of cars.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 15:33 (Ref:205317)   #7
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always find Brands Hatch to be very unpredictable. Now that I've finally got used to the dip, the last corner starts giving me problems.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 21:05 (Ref:205484)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yer, forgot about brands, that dip is a right swine.
Old 28 Jan 2002, 01:38 (Ref:205604)   #9
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
At Knockhill in the rain in round 19 & 20 is a bit tricky. You can get round one of the corners fine one lap then go round the same way next lap the same way and go off.

Also, the other cars seem to be very quick at round one & two, but their performance drops off and picks up at different tracks, but the AI at Thruxten for the first meeting is about the hardest it gets, the competition at the Foggy Thruxten rounds 17 & 18 are a joke.

And on the approach to Russell chicane at Snetterton you don't want to be infront of a pack of cars.
Knockhill in that weather is horrenous. There's always a flash of lightning as I go over the chicane, making it difficult. Going into the hairpin I always run out of road and hit somebody like Derek Warwick from behind to slow myself down.

I agree. Croft is probably the hardest of all the tracks on Championship mode. The AI is a little inconsistent, but still fun for most races. Anyway, Croft is insanely hard, I always have trouble in that round.

The key to a good lap at Snetterton in qualifying is to cut the Russell Chicane and try to get back on the power as soon as possible!
Old 28 Jan 2002, 01:39 (Ref:205605)   #10
Red Dog
Racer

Red Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dip at Brands is fine if you keep the steering straight. Come through Paddock absolutely flat - don't lift at all - but turn gently in. As long as you have got straight by the dip no problem. I've tried lots of driving games but Toca 2 seems by far the closest to what a real race car does on the track. What does everyone else think?

Last corner Brands - if you mean Clearways - the best I have managed (without the daft speed cheat)is a low point of 105 which means turning in at about 116. If you turn in before you come off the brakes completely it really helps but as you only dab the brakes it's a bit hard to time it right.

As for Oulton Druids is tricky as you have to ignore the first apex and consider only the second. If you do this you can just take it flat, however I find Lodge is really hard and always go off there but my 11 year old son gets through at about 100. But then, he beats me everywhere except Brands.
Old 29 Jan 2002, 13:01 (Ref:206219)   #11
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for Oulton Druids is tricky as you have to ignore the first apex and consider only the second. If you do this you can just take it flat, however I find Lodge is really hard and always go off there but my 11 year old son gets through at about 100. But then, he beats me everywhere except Brands. [/B][/QUOTE]Lodge is the hardest corner on the whole game - it's as if they had a tea-break half-way through designing that corner - the car turns in fine then it just jumps to the left ... and then it jumps to the right.

Radischox: Sunny at Croft - go in absolutely flat until you exit the first apex, keep turning but dab the brakes just before Sunny Out - try to get it to shift down to fifth so it pulls better through the revs onto the straight. The grip through there with the right speed is amazing.

As for McLeans at Doni, hug the inside of the track before turning in - wrong racing line, I know, but it helps flatten out the bump - you should be seeing about 117-120 on the exit and Coppice can be done flat in sixth but it's better to lift - this makes it smoother and ultimately quicker.

ps. I miss TOCA2 - we was burgled and they nicked my PSOne with game inside and memory card with all cheats unlocked! Sob sob.
Old 29 Jan 2002, 15:48 (Ref:206275)   #12
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Apex

Radischox: Sunny at Croft - go in absolutely flat until you exit the first apex, keep turning but dab the brakes just before Sunny Out - try to get it to shift down to fifth so it pulls better through the revs onto the straight. The grip through there with the right speed is amazing.
I can get the corner right, but in Championship mode (its torrential rain at that round) I always lose my concentration- I do exactly what you say on a regular race though. I've been doing that ever since I got the game!
Old 30 Jan 2002, 12:27 (Ref:206476)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always seem to have very close races with the AI at Croft, especially in race 1. What about the weather in race 2, it starts and stops raining about 3 times within about 1 lap.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:08 (Ref:206814)   #14
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
I always seem to have very close races with the AI at Croft, especially in race 1. What about the weather in race 2, it starts and stops raining about 3 times within about 1 lap.
I know! Tires are such a hard choice for that race!
Old 2 Feb 2002, 11:15 (Ref:208795)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
It seems to me that the AI can carry on on slicks in the races while if u try to u spin off if it rains.

Also at the entrance to the complex at Thruxton, the first right, sometimes the car suddenly grabs the inside and u go spinning off.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 18:38 (Ref:209047)   #16
nicker less
Racer

Seychelles
nicker less should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ones I seem to spin of is Mcleans at Donington. The bumps on the entry **** me off
Old 4 Feb 2002, 12:59 (Ref:210087)   #17
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicker less
The ones I seem to spin of is Mcleans at Donington. The bumps on the entry **** me off
Try either going out really wide or putting two wheels over the inside of the kerbing. At the end of exit kerbing your left on run up to Coppice if you've really got it right in 5th gear you should see around 112-115mph or if you've gone absolutely banzai and fluked it in sixth then nudging 120mph.

Got to say, though, these bumps - and yes I know they're there in real life - but not to this extent! It does make it very frustrating at times. Last corner at Oulton is another one. Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!