Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Feb 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1222082)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Max predicts peace in our time

From autosport.com

Quote:

FIA president Max Mosley has predicted that Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone will win over the support of the sport's current outfits in the debate over an improved financial package, after revealing details of new financial terms on offer for the teams.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1222175)   #2
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merely musing over this and not attempting to bash any team or pick sides with others but it would be ironic if Ferrari have signed themselves into a deal for a number of years that turns out to be financially inferior to one that the other teams reach with Bernie. I don't doubt they have it covered though.

Last edited by Dick Spanner; 10 Feb 2005 at 17:53.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1222178)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect they'll all sign up in the end.

Things usually do work out in F1!
Old 10 Feb 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1222184)   #4
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1racing are reporting that Max is likely to be challenged by the 'rebel' teams led by Stoddart
Old 10 Feb 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1222186)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

F1racing.net?

or the (unconnected to that site) magazine "F1 Racing"?
Old 10 Feb 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1222187)   #6
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooops....it is www.itv-f1.com

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32048
Old 10 Feb 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1222190)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

That ITV article is quoting F1 racing magazine.

By its very nature, a monthly print magazine is out of date by events when it hits the shops.

The "deal" with the teams is a new story, breaking today.

Peace is breaking out - and as long as everyone thinks they've got a good deal - it should be fine.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1222225)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back

Peace is breaking out - and as long as everyone thinks they've got a good deal - it should be fine.

Aaahhh K-B,ever the optimist.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1222231)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Not at all - I'm sceptical of a lot of things - but on issues like Silverstone, which people swallowed hook, line and sinker, it was always clear a deal would be done.

Similarly - it's in the best interests of all the teams to eventually do a lucrative deal with F1 - and it's in the interests of Bernie to keep all the teams on board - so it's not too difficult to work out what will happen.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1222247)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think it is worth pointing out that if the teams do go down thr GPWC route that it is still possible for the teams to race on the present circuits.

BE only has a contract with the circuits if he shows up with 10 teams and at the moment he has 1 and that would not be acceptable in any contract.

We will just have to wait and see what the GPWC come up with in terms of revenue for the teams.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1222573)   #11
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Last edited by Gt_R; 11 Feb 2005 at 00:36.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1222584)   #12
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I think it is worth pointing out that if the teams do go down thr GPWC route that it is still possible for the teams to race on the present circuits.

BE only has a contract with the circuits if he shows up with 10 teams and at the moment he has 1 and that would not be acceptable in any contract.

We will just have to wait and see what the GPWC come up with in terms of revenue for the teams.
A good pertinant point martyn but i think you would be wrong.Bernie will simply draught in 9 miscilaneous teams from some other categories,re-arrange the f1 rules so that they are allowed and continue on with 'f1'
He will give these no -hoper teams money to build cars if nessesary and the championship will be a total farce with ferrari the only experienced team in attendance but that won't worry max or bernie

They both hate the GPWC and will stoop to new lows to avoid loosing to them
Old 11 Feb 2005, 02:07 (Ref:1222612)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Or get Ferrari to build another 18 cars.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 03:00 (Ref:1222628)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yeah RWC great point.

I wonder how much of a farce it is that the GPWC members scramble to start a new series because they can't win the championship in the current series. :S
Old 11 Feb 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1222636)   #15
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
RWC, did Max or Bernie sleal an old girlfriend or something?

You seem keen on a bash at any opportunity, rarley back it up with anything, then (and geez, I had a chuckle at this one), ask people to make sure they know what they are talking about before comenting, despite being completely ignorant to most of the facts yourself.

Alas, most of the other unfortunate soles that dont have time to keep up to date will buy it hook, line and sinker though. Well done.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1222647)   #16
RWC
Veteran

Wrex you really are one for the insults aren't you.

The facts are plain to see,it's people like you that are totally blind to them -because you don't WANT to see them
The teams are just asking for the money that they *DESERVE*.Are you really going to try to argue against that??
And lets not forget what kind of man max is-it was him who railroaded through the vote so that bernie could have the series for 100 years
Old 11 Feb 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1222663)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
More money? I thought we were talking about the sporting regualtions here. Max has NOTHING to do witht he commercial side of F1.

As for cash, the concorde agreement (you do know what the word agreement means right?) signed by all concerned outlines the payouts of all F1 income.

It was good enough when they signed it, but now they want more? Now they may well be entitles to more (I dont disgree with that at all), but wanting to change that agreement is no better or worse than Bernie demading they get less that agreed is it?
Old 11 Feb 2005, 04:49 (Ref:1222666)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
They should negotiate come Concorde renewal time.

At that point if they say to Bernie "give us this or we aren't signing" he really would not have much choice. Dramatically affected tv money dramatically affects Bernie, so he would negotiate.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 06:20 (Ref:1222706)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Wrex you really are one for the insults aren't you.

The facts are plain to see,it's people like you that are totally blind to them -because you don't WANT to see them
The teams are just asking for the money that they *DESERVE*.Are you really going to try to argue against that??
And lets not forget what kind of man max is-it was him who railroaded through the vote so that bernie could have the series for 100 years

You seem to be forgetting that the teams (and their owners) are only as rich as they are today because of F1 and Bernie's efforts to promote it.

He took huge financial risks in the seventies that no-one else was prepared to - and he reaped the rewards.

The teams want to stick with F1 - and will sign up to the better deal Bernie's offering.

GPWC was never more than a negotiating tool - although it had to be seen as a breakaway threat to work.

And remember GPWC was motivated by here-today-gone-tomorrow manufacturers, rather than the actual teams themselves.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 07:56 (Ref:1222745)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It has to be said though, come renegotion time, it is not unfair for the teams to expect Bernie to redsitribute notably more income....

However, of course, more than likely, it will all smooth itself out. F1 is an incredible source of money, and they are all rich people/organisations together in it to get richer. They are not going to miss the opportunities.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 02:40 (Ref:1223425)   #21
RWC
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
As for cash, the concorde agreement (you do know what the word agreement means right?) signed by all concerned outlines the payouts of all F1 income.

It was good enough when they signed it, but now they want more? Now they may well be entitles to more (I dont disgree with that at all), but wanting to change that agreement is no better or worse than Bernie demading they get less that agreed is it?

Ah,yes i remember you have trotted this one out before.And as i also recall i recommended you go read up on your f1 history but i see you have either forgotten to do so or simply don't want to know the facts.

This (current gpwc money thing) has been going on for YEARS.Bernie started screwing the teams way back around 1994 (sorry i can't rem the exact year).Several of the teams (maclaren,williams,tyrell + another?) tried to stand up to him but max backed up bernie.They had the choice of leaving the sport or accepting the pathetic percentages bernie was offering.
They seriously considered going to court over it but decided that the sport would be better off without the bad publicity.
So max and bernie were in the wrong but they used their power to grind the teams down.And got away with it for years

Fast forward several years and they've finally lost patience with this extortion.
*YES* they do have a valid contract in the concord agreement
...but is it immoral to say "we are going to go ahead with a fully legal way of getting out of this contract if you don't make it more fair"
Of course not!!

Go do your research.The facts are there to back all of this up
Old 12 Feb 2005, 03:10 (Ref:1223432)   #22
RWC
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
You seem to be forgetting that the teams (and their owners) are only as rich as they are today because of F1 and Bernie's efforts to promote it.He took huge financial risks in the seventies that no-one else was prepared to - and he reaped the rewards..
What a crock.You seem to think that bernie made f1 what it is!!

The main reason for the massive TV audience (for that is where most of these huge dollar amounts come from) is because f1 was simply THE main motorsport category with very few limits on technology .
It's time had come and TV was now a big thing.
IT WAS ALLWAYS GOING TO BE SO

If bernie wasn't around to run f1,someone else would have done it either just as well or nearly as well.You seem to think that only one man in the world knows how to make money!!

....and let's get this straight...

You think that because bernie took some risk waaaaaay back when,that he should be given exclusive rights to screw the sport for the massive amounts he takes?????
Get a life!!
Old 12 Feb 2005, 04:52 (Ref:1223464)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

RWC, i would suggest you get a life yourself.

It's funny you like to impose your views on others when others came up with much more constructive comments.

The Manufacturers wanted to start a new series, threatening Bernie in hope to squeeze more cash. These are the people who wanted a BIGGER slice of good times, yet when they fail to win and when F1 hit trouble...the same manufacturers would shrink and disappear. These are the manufacturers who are just as money-minded as Bernie himself.

Bernie took some risk, it may be a pure business decision. BUT, he doesn't have the luxury of hindsight that you currently enjoy to say "It's time had come and TV was now a big thing.IT WAS ALLWAYS GOING TO BE SO".

I agree that the teams deserve a greater portion of the money than what they currently got. In fact, i don't think anybody disagree with it. But there's a way of negotiation and another way of extortion. You don't like Bernie extorting the teams..but seemingly it didn't matter to you if the teams do exactly that.

Indeed...research is a good thing..but so far i've yet to see any researched facts from you to back your argument.

Not wanting to further get into this nonsense, i'd just say that i can't wait for Bernie and the teams to compromise on a sensible and fair agreement. There is huge growth potential left in F1 which the battling between Bernie vs Banks vs Teams are threatening to eclipse.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 06:22 (Ref:1223494)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
RWC, I fully intended to make an ass out of you, but alas, you beat me to it.

As for "The facts are there to back all of this up", I await with baited breath.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1223686)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is clear Bernie isn't the answer to all the world's problems, but it is equally clear that he isn't the source of them either.

I think we should take a step back from this. When discussing personalities in F1 it is the same as when we discuss drivers. The same forum etiquette applies.