Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

2019 6Hrs of Spa Francorchamps
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

27 Sep 2019 to 29 Sep 2019 07:00 to 17:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

Grids to follow but the main event remains the jewel in historic racing's crown.

Other races will include MRL x 3, HSCC Closed Wheel, U2TC, Jaguar Challenge, Masters grids and HGPCA.

Old 30 Sep 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3931005)   #211
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well done team Gray / MGDavid, just proves yet again that if unscheduled stops can be avoided, a reasonable result is possible.

Thanks everyone for their words of support / encouragement after my off, they are much appreciated. As the 6hr is very much a team event, my main disappointment was in letting the team down, followed by damaging such a lovely car. But Iíll be back in a seat for Portugal at the end of Oct.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3931014)   #212
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
Good to hear everyone coming away from Spa in a positive mind. Motor racing has many more downs than ups, onto the next one and good luck all.

Sounds like a right result David. Nice one.

One day I'll get to the Six Hours, honest!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3931019)   #213
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Highs and Lows but Iím counting the days now for next year . Just the best weekend ever . It goes without saying Max we would love to have you along anytime .
Old 30 Sep 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3931021)   #214
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTW what did you make of the poster and stickers instead of a bag or jumper . Not impressed
Old 30 Sep 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3931022)   #215
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Bell;3931005
But Iíll be back in a seat for Portugal at the end of Oct. [/QUOTE]

Thats more like it .
Old 30 Sep 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3931023)   #216
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
BTW what did you make of the poster and stickers instead of a bag or jumper . Not impressed
Likewise. My oldest fleece is getting a bit thread-bear.... Obviously times are hard!

I forgot to collect my free poster and stickers- what did I miss?
Old 30 Sep 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3931026)   #217
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Nuffink
Old 30 Sep 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3931029)   #218
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mmm, looks like I need to renew my every two years acquaintance with the Six Hours in 2020 ...
Old 30 Sep 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3931066)   #219
Geraint Owen
Rookie

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had a pretty trouble free run, pitted for first driver change under safety car #1 and pitted for the second change just before the second SC. We got fuel at this point so managed to fuel under SC too. Very pleased with 33rd

The first hour was very very slippery and not much fun, but I was impressed with the driving of the GT40s who were all very respectful as they came through the field. I wish the same could be said about the E-types......!!!

Overall a great 6 hour
Old 30 Sep 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3931069)   #220
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ditto. Was wondering why I made the effort to walk to Eau Rouge to get it.

The event seemed to have a different, more professional feel to it this year. Much more promotion. One very good thing is the L'abre bar and the adjacent hamburger joint. They both take money rather than pre paid coupons. Also there is a good atmosphere just like the old bars behind the old pits.

Mike, you'll feel much better when you get behind a wheel again.

Notwithstanding the weather it's still Spa and it's still fun.

MG David. Looked for you but missed you. Glad you had a good race. Now in the line for the ferry.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3931079)   #221
SpencerM
Rookie

United Kingdom
Epsom
SpencerM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Home again after a great weekend. Congratulations to all finishers of the Six Hours, especially the winners on GTS11, car 219 Peereboom - Izakc - Smith, another great drive from all 3 of you.

I was in MGB Car 41 - Cripps - McCarthy. Our race was started a little rough as like a few others we missed the 20 minute window to grid, caught a little off guard by the race actually starting on time for a change, so had to start from the pit lane.

I set off onto the wet track and made some good progress, unfortunately the passenger wiper blade had other ideas and when it got stuck against the hard top after 30 minutes. I managed to get nearly to the hour mark before I called it too dangerous to see when I stopped to get the wiper removed and handed over for Mr Cripps for his 2.5 hour stint.

He trooped on steadily moving up the standings and at the 3 hour mark we importantly moved back past our garage rivals in the 91 MGB. Mr Cripps pitted and handed the car back over to me for the last stint. I settled into a rhythm with the tired car, the only real issue being pretty substantial brake knock off, we ran as high as 21st o/a and 3rd in GTS11 before unfortunately requiring an extra stop for fuel. Brain fade at the fuel stop was completely my own fault, so I'll be taking some stick for a while, deservedly.

Does anyone know of any links to photographs? Or photographers that were there?

looking forward to next time
Old 30 Sep 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3931085)   #222
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fairly wet weekend and typical Belgian weather but a great weekend, good to see you all and spectate during the 6 hours. Well done Iain with the Ford Galaxie or biggest boot of the race
Old 30 Sep 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3931104)   #223
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
We had a pretty trouble free run, pitted for first driver change under safety car #1 and pitted for the second change just before the second SC. We got fuel at this point so managed to fuel under SC too. Very pleased with 33rd

The first hour was very very slippery and not much fun, but I was impressed with the driving of the GT40s who were all very respectful as they came through the field. I wish the same could be said about the E-types......!!!

Overall a great 6 hour
Great result. Geraint,We did 6 pit stops with 4 fuel fill ups.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3931300)   #224
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I recall wandering through the Formula 1 pits on Saturday evening and found these two:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8560_1_1010s.jpg  
Old 1 Oct 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3931336)   #225
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I recall wandering through the Formula 1 pits on Saturday evening and found these two:
John Wyer ans Steve McQueen.,

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 1 Oct 2019 at 20:15.