Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Oct 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3936585)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Baubles Picture Parade.

I suspect the constant appearance of ancient pictures on the Tea Break can be irritating to those who would rather discuss auctions, etc. so thought I might start this thread where we can pursue our dreams uninterrupted.

I start proceedings with a small selection for the dedicated historian.

Please feel free to add your own pictures . as long as they are 1950's!!!! No sixties trash please
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0470.jpg   IMG_0228.jpg   IMG_0278.jpg  

IMG_0341.jpg   IMG_0374.jpg   IMG_0418.JPG  

Old 24 Oct 2019, 23:15 (Ref:3936634)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I suspect the constant appearance of ancient pictures on the Tea Break can be irritating to those who would rather discuss auctions, etc. so thought I might start this thread where we can pursue our dreams uninterrupted.

I start proceedings with a small selection for the dedicated historian.

Please feel free to add your own pictures . as long as they are 1950's!!!! No sixties trash please
Quite the variety there Bob. Cheers. Shapes and sizes that I find most interesting/fascinating.

Good to see some of them still race.

Anything before 1950s?
Old 25 Oct 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3936670)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
Nice one Bob. Since all those cars have run with FISCAR at some point, I know them all, so I exclude myself from this 'competition'. However in response to Willmazz, none of them are pre 1950, and the latest one, surprisingly, is the fourth one (no 20) which I'm pretty certain did not hit the tracks until 1959.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Oct 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3936675)   #4
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Nice one Bob. Since all those cars have run with FISCAR at some point, I know them all, so I exclude myself from this 'competition'. However in response to Willmazz, none of them are pre 1950, and the latest one, surprisingly, is the fourth one (no 20) which I'm pretty certain did not hit the tracks until 1959.
Cheers for extra info.

I was responding in my pre 1950 comment if any picture of a pre 50 car could be included as Bob said only 1950s stuff.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3936687)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few for EB perhaps.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0508.jpg   IMG_4764.JPG   IMG_0928.jpg  

IMG_6403.JPG   IMG_0959.JPG   IMG_5851.JPG  

Old 25 Oct 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3936700)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
And there's more;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0509.JPG   IMG_4737.jpg   IMG_2133.jpg  

IMG_6411.jpg   IMG_5235.jpg   Picture 384 (2).jpg  

Old 25 Oct 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3936704)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A few for EB perhaps.
I can see a Connaught A Type.
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 25 Oct 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3936727)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I can see a Connaught A Type.
The second picture is the car that won the Syracuse Grand Prix in 1955. Tony Brooks driving.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3936750)   #9
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do like these challenges!
1st set of pictures, Lister Bristol, Nash Healey, Allard, Bristol Special Wingfield, Connaught & Fairthorpe Electron.

The second set are all Connaughts Atypes, the Syracuse car is a Btype, & the toothpaste tube a C type.

Back later with the last set I hope.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3936753)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Be warned I have thousands of pictures, so you might not get much else done for a while;

Not a competition, just for a The last one might be worth a caption tho'.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9272.JPG   IMG_9273.JPG   IMG_9274.JPG  

IMG_9275.JPG   IMG_9278.JPG   IMG_9279.JPG  

Old 25 Oct 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3936759)   #11
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets have a go at the 3rd set of pictures, these seem easier than the 50's sports cars.
Monzanapolis Lister Jaguar, Gordini 23S, Bugatti T73C, Delahaye 135, Keift Climax & Lotus 10.

Looks like the Sadler is in trouble in the last set.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3936762)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Lets have a go at the 3rd set of pictures, these seem easier than the 50's sports cars.
Monzanapolis Lister Jaguar, Gordini 23S, Bugatti T73C, Delahaye 135, Keift Climax & Lotus 10.

Looks like the Sadler is in trouble in the last set.
Bob, I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures, it will be difficult to catch you out I suspect, but I might cause some head scratching.[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
172.JPG   790.jpg   238.JPG  

Old 26 Oct 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3936863)   #13
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
I'd thought about posting some of my old pictures on here but now I've seen how pin sharp & well composed baub's are I might not bother!
Having said that, they're mostly so out of focus identifying them could still be a challenge!
Old 26 Oct 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3936888)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
Just love the Toothpaste tube Connaught.

Looks like the Sadler has collapsed suspension given the sparks flying but did it happen by itself or was he initially tagged.

Car 174 in the last set looks like a BMW 328 based special which I should know but escapes me for the moment.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 27 Oct 2019, 00:49 (Ref:3936992)   #15
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Just love the Toothpaste tube Connaught.

Looks like the Sadler has collapsed suspension given the sparks flying but did it happen by itself or was he initially tagged.

Car 174 in the last set looks like a BMW 328 based special which I should know but escapes me for the moment.

Pretty sure there was a Dinky Toy version of the toothpaste tube Connaught.

The Sadler looks like it has a rear puncture. A fantastic sequence Bob!